Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: why are you coaching?
oldhatnewhat
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
why are you coaching?

A year ago, I was an assistant with a guy who had been coaching the I-formation and calling the kids idiots when they made a mistake for 30 years. Now that I have my own team, I'm excited about teaching the game I love to kids and making a positive difference in their lives. It's great to have found a forum such as this where everyone here is passionate about coaching and OK with being labeled "over the top." Thanks Clark!
coltscoach
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote

Im coaching to call kids idiots and bang them into each other and hit on their moms....

two out of three of these are lies.... :cool:

Im back
CoachJones
PRO

[*] posted on 6-22-2007 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote

I'm coaching because my son is playing and his first year he had good coaches, then we moved. The second year his HC was great with the kids and he was a RB in college so I thought he knew his stuff. His OL Coach was Coach Dad and treated everyone like crap because they didn't block right. He didn't teach them right. I couldn't take it any more so I got online and started learning as much as possible until the next season. I was the OC and long story short by the end of the season I was running the practices because th HC excollege RB really didn't know what he was doing. Now I have 2 years of online studying, this website, all you Coaches and the DC Wing T. I'm really excited and can't wait to teach the kids more of what I have learned and to share my passion for the game with them. Besides it gets me out of the house and away from the Mrs.:P
defensewins
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 01:30 AM Reply With Quote

moms

http://www.itgirlpublicrelations.com/headshots/HMCPublicityphoto_01.jpg
coltscoach
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 06:04 AM Reply With Quote

were did you get my first three pics from?

Im back
mrice
PRO

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 06:47 AM Reply With Quote

I read where Pamela Anderson is a Team Mom for her kid's soccer team out in California. My Team Moms have never been mistaken for Pamela Anderson, and I will leave it at that!

I got into coaching after watching my son from the sidelines his first year. No technique was being taught at all. First night in pads they lined the kids up about 20 yards apart and told them to run into each other "so that we can find out who the soccer players are". Mindless grass drills would eat up 20 minutes of practice. Then an hour and a half of scrimmage every night, first team whacking the second team around.

I figured I had something to offer, so volunteered the following year. Enjoyed it so much that I am still with it 4 years after my son left the program.
coltscoach
Administrator

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote

I had a mom one year that was hotter than PA... she was smoking hot. Best year I ever had. I think we didnt win a game but it was a great year.

Im back
dfwcanes
PRO

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote

Nothing like a little eye candy to smooth over a losing season. LOL

I got started coaching after watching my son's 7/8 yr old team go through a 5-4 season, with lunatic assistant coaches. The HC like my cool demeanor and figured I could help balance out the staff.

After seeing all the shady stuff going on I figured that some one should be in for the kids.
mrdeadeye
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote

i got a call a week before the season started last year asking if i would coach my sons team because the other guy quit at the last minute. So I took the job thinking it was a good way to spend time with my son. I was given the forms and 3 footballs and pretty much told to have a nice day. My son broke his arm on the monkey bars 2 weeks later of course. It was the most fun I have ever had. Funny as it is i am a very loud and obnoxious person but i was surprised at how much fun i could have without swearing or yelling at anybody. I love coaching and i love to have the opportunity to teach kids the greatest game on earth. There is something very rewarding being able to sit back and watch 15 6-8 year olds who didn't know what a football was, make a great tackle or run a reverse. Unfortunately I did not have ANY hot moms at all. Although in the future i will be using the MILF factor in all recruiting activities. J/K

Winners make it happen......Losers Make Excuses
scott
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 6-23-2007 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote

why am I...............?..........I suppose it beats complaining about the bad coaching from the sidelines.
CoachDP
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote

"Why am I coaching?"

Because I hate the overall dearth of quality youth football coaching and want to work hard to see it improve.

--Dave
GoMavs
PRO

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote

I coach because I want to give back to a sport that gave me so many lessons. I think a lot of coaches don't believe in players and their abilities. I often hear "kids can't do that." I enjoy teaching the game and I want to be apart of it still.
FalconsCoach
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote

I know I will always have at least one hot mom on my team cause I coach my son...

As far as why I coach, I wanted my sons to have a place to play ball, have fun and develop as young men. When my oldest son started to play ball that place didn't exist so I joined the Football Board, signed on as a Coach and with the help of other like minded parents made one.
FlynnStones
PRO

[*] posted on 6-25-2007 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote

Maybe we should coach an "all mommy team" somewhere.... Colts can be the Boss.... Is this really football fellas?..........
daveinsarasota
Junior Varsity

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 04:10 PM Reply With Quote

I coach becasue I just can't help it....it is an addiction.

Granted my son plays, but I coached before him. I love the game, and I want to teach it. Period.

I am amazed at how I have grown since coaching. This is my eighth year, and I mellow as each year goes by. When I started...I yelled a lot...but as each year has passed, I have much better perspective on why these kids sign up, an dwhy I coach...
CoachBobV
Pro Bowl

Mood: Awesome

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote

Well considering I just came back from Offense-Defense football camp as a father counselor/coach I'd say I do it because I truly love the sport and I want to pass on that passion to the kids. There's nothing better than watching kid's that you coached finally have everything click and get that big run, big block or the big hit and see their eyes light up when they come over to tell you about it. The GLMs are also an added bonus.

Coach Bob V
PURPLEPRIDE
Keith
PRO

[*] posted on 7-6-2007 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by CoachBobV
Well considering I just came back from Offense-Defense football camp as a father counselor/coach I'd say I do it because I truly love the sport and I want to pass on that passion to the kids. There's nothing better than watching kid's that you coached finally have everything click and get that big run, big block or the big hit and see their eyes light up when they come over to tell you about it. The GLMs are also an added bonus.

Coach Bob V
PURPLEPRIDE

Coach Bob,
How did you like to o-d camp and which one did you go to?
DumCoach
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 12:37 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by FalconsCoach
I know I will always have at least one hot mom on my team cause I coach my son...

True. I've seen her.

Quote:

As far as why I coach, I wanted my sons to have a place to play ball, have fun and develop as young men. When my oldest son started to play ball that place didn't exist so I joined the Football Board, signed on as a Coach and with the help of other like minded parents made one.

I can confirm the above. Also, I can say Coach Jason did the same for the San Antonio Wildcats. It is just amazing what some people can bring to the table with them and on such a large scale.
coltscoach
Administrator

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by FlynnStones
Maybe we should coach an "all mommy team" somewhere.... Colts can be the Boss.... Is this really football fellas?..........

Hey some of the best teams i have ever had were teams made up of mostly moms.. Newport smoking truck driving three job having waffle hut working kind of moms.

Those kids normally are some good kids. They want to be there.

Im back
Coogcoach
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 7-7-2007 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by coltscoach
Im coaching to call kids idiots and bang them into each other and hit on their moms....

two out of three of these are lies.... :cool:

Colts,

I'm not a real good reader but tell me more about the banging moms part?

Seriously though, I coach because I am very passionate about teaching kids the value of "team". I want to instill a work ethic in each child that can carry them through life despite bad grades, lack of college, etc. I know that if a person learns how to work hard, they will succeed in life no matter what.

HC 10yo team Alb NM

Go To Top