Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: YOUTH FLEXBONE?
CJD2K07
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
YOUTH FLEXBONE?

Are there any coaches on here that use the flexbone offense like Navy does or run something to similar to that? Would like to see if this is done at the youth level and how well it works- Interested to hear ideas or see video clips of this.
RobCoach_O
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote

I have seen El Segundo Midgets run some triple Option, not sure if it was flex but it looked very nice. They went undefeated had a qb that was amazing as well.
JrTitan
Super Moderator

[*] posted on 8-29-2008 at 05:08 PM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by CJD2K07
Are there any coaches on here that use the flexbone offense like Navy does or run something to similar to that? Would like to see if this is done at the youth level and how well it works- Interested to hear ideas or see video clips of this.

We don't run "flexbone", but we run our inside veer series to a slot out of an I-slot formation. It has a lot of the flexbone concepts. We are an 8th grade team, and our install has gone well. We will find out next week when the season opens. You may want to check out Flexbone Association which has a whole forum on the flexbone at the youth level.

Can the flexbone work at the youth level? Absolutely!

"They call it coaching but it is teaching. You do not just tell them...you show them the reasons"

“…you have no bad habits to break, other than what we allow to exist… We either coach it or are allowing it to happen.”
CoachKell
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 8-31-2008 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote

I've seen a few teams run the triple..only one ran it well. Never seen the flexbone with the little guys, i guess it could be done, but I'd rather run veer

Go To Top