Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: Sorry Dave I am jumping ahead
nevadajoe
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 9-9-2009 at 12:12 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry Dave I am jumping ahead

Ok I know I am not supposed to jump ahead but I need to make some adjustments to our UBSW. We are so small and slow that my kids can not run the sainted six consistently in a game. Therefore I have introduced the nasty split which I think will be my base to help spread out the box. Next I am putting in a rocket or jet series to help give my kids a running start as they just are not quick enough to get outside normally. Any thoughts?
DumCoach
Super Administrator

[*] posted on 9-9-2009 at 01:47 AM Reply With Quote

Quote:
Originally posted by nevadajoe
Ok I know I am not supposed to jump ahead but I need to make some adjustments to our UBSW. We are so small and slow that my kids can not run the sainted six consistently in a game. Therefore I have introduced the nasty split which I think will be my base to help spread out the box. Next I am putting in a rocket or jet series to help give my kids a running start as they just are not quick enough to get outside normally. Any thoughts?

"small and slow"?
The ultimate coaching problem.
davecisar
Hall of Fame

[*] posted on 9-9-2009 at 05:25 AM Reply With Quote

Coach,

If your kids cant execute the 6 plus 1 (16 pass) you wont be able to execute the JEt or spinner well.

We have gone entire games without running a single sweep and I rarely run more than 2 per game and see teams put everyone in tight etc

Be able to run 18 and 16 pass.

THe jet is MUCH more than just getting a tight mesh on the handoff/motion/snap it is getting great perimeter blocking which where the kids have to alter splits and take correct angles etc

Anyone can put in Jet in 1 practice. To put it in where it actually works consistently well in games takes weeks IMHO, the Rocket 43 is real tough, timing on the 16 if it isnt a bam bam play hit pretty slow, wedge is simple, 16 pass easy enough, 47- your 4 has to make someone miss etc

First analyze your film
How are your linemans first 2 steps? Fast? At the right angle?
Is EVERYONE blocking the correct player? How is the pad level? Head Placement?
Analyze every play for EVERY position, you may be shocked at what you find.
If your backs arent fast, they have to run full blast with what they have, which may include doing LOTS of "chaser" drills.

Go To Top