Not logged in [Login - Register]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites  
Author: Subject: No Huddle DW
CoachCoble
Varsity

[*] posted on 9-27-2009 at 12:13 AM Reply With Quote
No Huddle DW

Anyone here run a no huddle with their DW offense? It seems like a perfect way to run this offense to me. I want my team to line up, let me see how the defense is lined up, and then call the play in. All 11 of my players would be wearing wrist coaches with the verbage/plays we call in.

Anyone had any luck with this?
Gumby_in_co
Pro Bowl

[*] posted on 9-27-2009 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote

We do it minus the wrist coaches. We use words that start with the play we want to run. We purposely named our plays to have unique starting letters.

Toss = Texas, Tornado, Tenessee, etc.
Sweep = Seattle, Snake, etc.
Wedge = you get the idea
Flood Pass
Pitch Pass

We can't run counter because we flip our line. We count the number of guys outside our tackle to determine the play.

3= balanced, run toss
2= unsound to the outside, run Sweep
4= unsound to the inside, run wedge

We've actually seen 1 outside the tackles once. That was a TD.

When we go no huddle, we use a "check with me" tag. Offense lines up and QB checks the sideline. Our normal cadence is GO! SET! READYYYHIT!

When we audible, it's GO! Texas, Texas! SET! READYYYHIT!

We also combine this with "NO PLAY". If no one moves on READYYYHIT! HIT! HIT! HIT!. We call the audible from the sideline so we can run the play without calling a timeout.

We tried running the whole team with wrist coaches, but it just confused them. Now only the QB has them.
Indycoach
Varsity

[*] posted on 9-28-2009 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote

Not sure what age level you're coaching, but I've got a pretty simple system for my 3rd &4th graders. Line just needs to listen for signals telling them left, right, or wedge, backs also listen for signals for counter and toss. I used dessert items so we get calls like "banana split with chocolate sprinkles", which means counter with XX action to the left.

Go To Top