Author Topic: LIST OF SW, DTDW teams  (Read 12046 times)

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: LIST OF SW, DTDW teams
« Reply #60 on: February 04, 2013, 12:26:45 PM »
I need HS school that currently run singewing, dtdw.
any and all
I already have apopka.

Why?  Are you writing a book?   I thought zone was your baby anyway.

Prairie Ridge and Mundelein Carmel Catholic H.S. both run a good misdirection DW attack in Illinois and both have good success.   

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2013, 12:54:19 PM »
Why?  Are you writing a book?   I thought zone was your baby anyway.

Prairie Ridge and Mundelein Carmel Catholic H.S. both run a good misdirection DW attack in Illinois and both have good success.
Thank you. You know how I talk about bubble wrap? I would be a bubble wrapped coach if all I studied was zone. I learned it from a team that ran power, counter trey, zone, wham ect...ect...ect....Except I didnt learn what I needed studying any of that. Learned what I needed  studying their pass protection and all that is included, counting, 2,3,4, and full man  slides, call blocking.
You know what I wanted to do when I first started coaching? run and shoot just like john jenkins, but I made the mistake of reading bill walsh's building a champion and ordering on a whim because I could only remember hearing him at  clinic, chris hatcher air raid video. I just sort of figured that good coaching is good coaching, regard of what I think of them. I learned admiration of the redskins from reading a totally beginners on strategy call qb's nicklebacks and other loose change. and it goes on and on and on. I dont care where the football comes from any more. Does it mean I am going to run those offense or defenses? not a chance. But don markham can coach, the dw works, as does the power, counter trey, 4 verts,  switch, shotgun formation or whatever else you want to throw in their.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #62 on: February 04, 2013, 02:27:12 PM »
I just read a book about all the different offenses and their beginnings.

They all work and had success at one time or other - just some fall in and out of fashion.

Mostly it's trickle down.   Colleges started running a lot of spread in 90's so high schools started doing it and then youth coaches.

A lot of college coaches didn't want to switch from DW or SW or Bone - they just got pressure from alumni when they started getting out recruited by rival coaches telling star players they don't run that in NFL.

So they stopped getting the 5 star QB, Tackle, TB and WR if they were running Wishbone or DW.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #63 on: February 04, 2013, 02:34:29 PM »
I just read a book about all the different offenses and their beginnings.

They all work and had success at one time or other - just some fall in and out of fashion.

Mostly it's trickle down.   Colleges started running a lot of spread in 90's so high schools started doing it and then youth coaches.

A lot of college coaches didn't want to switch from DW or SW or Bone - they just got pressure from alumni when they started getting out recruited by rival coaches telling star players they don't run that in NFL.

So they stopped getting the 5 star QB, Tackle, TB and WR if they were running Wishbone or DW.
use that material as way to determine what you want to learn as coach. The rest is just blame. The NFL is everybodies problem. The NFl is the reason i cant recruit, The reason nobody else wants to play in this offense, the reason  I cant win, the reason I lose...blah blah blah...
Its not the NFL's that those coaches  when you examine it closer, have, had no backbone.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.