Author Topic: superbowl thoughts  (Read 5476 times)

Offline Coach_O

• Gold
    • Helmet Decals
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 46
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Coordinator
Re: superbowl thoughts
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2013, 01:27:25 PM »
Would you agree those mistakes were due to the pressure of the game and lack of experiance? I will argue Ravens were relaxed and prepared (by a coach) for this big game... Once San Fran calmed down looked what happend...

Ravens won the game off the field by metal prep in all facets

I would agree that experience had a lot to do with it. The players on the Ravens have been there and understand the pressures. In my opinion, for the 49ers to have a kid at qb that was playing his 10th game and the mistakes they made. For being in the redzone and a few yards from winning. I say they Head Coach did a great job with his team. The deck of cards he went to the game with talent wise was comparable, experience wise no. It's all opinions though.

At the end of the day, Ravens won and they deserve the trophy. Mad respect to the 49ers though and I am frighten to see what they will do next year and in the futre keeping that teams core and staff as together as possible.

Offline Coach_O

• Gold
    • Helmet Decals
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 46
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2013, 01:32:49 PM »
SOunds good coach, lets agree to disagree on this one.

Fun game, i had loads of fun watching it.

R

Too me it just seemed like the Ravens managed the game.... their entire staff did a great job.

The Niners seemed rather disjointed. Impatient especially at the end when decisions mean everything. On that 3rd and goal with under 2 minutes to go they had a played called and it looked like it was a QB follow keep and it looked like a TD but they had to burn a  timeout or take a delay penalty.

Why not just call the same play again but to the opposite side? Easy to second guess but it seems like they outsmarted themselves. The fourth down play was rushed and sucked. They had one timeout left and really should have used it especially when the Ravens showed all out blitz. That was a really bad series with the game on the line.

And how could you not have a punt block on with 12 seconds left? Who cares if you run into the kicker.....BRING 10 ! Its your only real hope even though the intentional safety was on. And why didn't Crabtree lateral the free kick? I looked like he had no intention of doing so. 

Yep...Jim got out coached. He lost his mind at the end. Surprised me since SF had been in this situation before so many times and prevailed. You'd think they have this comeback down to a science by now.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2013, 01:46:11 PM »
SOunds good coach, lets agree to disagree on this one.

Fun game, i had loads of fun watching it.

R

It was entertaining. I was kinda hoping the rest of the lights would go out....just for fun.  ;)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 01:51:44 PM »
Experience was huge.  Kap, for all the amazing stuff he did, panicked when they sent the house on the last play, as well as the 2 PT CONV.  He should have taken the delay of game when he saw he was in the wrong play for the blitz that was coming.....

Hardest hitting game i've ever seen though.  You guys see that hit by Delainie Walker on the kickoff?  Holy crap!
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 01:52:53 PM »
Experience was huge.  Kap, for all the amazing stuff he did, panicked when they sent the house on the last play, as well as the 2 PT CONV.  He should have taken the delay of game when he saw he was in the wrong play for the blitz that was coming.....

Hardest hitting game i've ever seen though.  You guys see that hit by Delainie Walker on the kickoff?  Holy crap!
Not one illegal use of the helmet unless I missed it....
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 01:59:28 PM »
The hit in Crabtree was helmet to facemask.  Huge hit too.  Was surprised Crabtree got up...

That hit by Walker though, was amazing!  Hat on the ball.  Face up.  Put his feet over his head.  Just a thing of beauty!
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline cpwhite

• Copper
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 02:09:57 PM »
The hit in Crabtree was helmet to facemask.  Huge hit too.  Was surprised Crabtree got up...

That hit by Walker though, was amazing!  Hat on the ball.  Face up.  Put his feet over his head.  Just a thing of beauty!

Yes, it was.  I need to show that clip to my team this year. Epic!

Offline RoyalFlush18

• Copper
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 02:33:30 PM »
R

Too me it just seemed like the Ravens managed the game.... their entire staff did a great job.

And how could you not have a punt block on with 12 seconds left? Who cares if you run into the kicker.....BRING 10 ! Its your only real hope even though the intentional safety was on. And why didn't Crabtree lateral the free kick? I looked like he had no intention of doing so. 

I count at least 5 blatant holds/muggings by the Ravens on the Punt Rush. I think they did bring 10, tough to count on this video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000135600/Ravens-play-it-smart

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
  • Coaching: 9 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2013, 04:58:19 PM »
I count at least 5 blatant holds/muggings by the Ravens on the Punt Rush. I think they did bring 10, tough to count on this video.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000135600/Ravens-play-it-smart

Of course you did! That was the plan, to hold and let more time tick off the clock! Time does not get put back on the clockbecause of the holding! Excellent tactic in my opinion! All the 49ers could do was to get to the punter quicker. Great coaching decision.
"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare to win"
The General Robert Montgomery Knight
(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad
"Victory Favors the PREPARED!"