Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86414 times)

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 13, 2013, 09:54:58 PM »
Must not watch a lot of football...  Lol...

QB play wins championships now days.  (For the most part).
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #136 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:47 PM »
Must not watch a lot of football...  Lol...

QB play wins championships now days.  (For the most part).
ironic you say that... ;D
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
Didnt Seattle hang 50 on you?

Falcons win -4.

Not on me....

Were not playing the Seahawks.  All about matchup's...  That said, SF also beat Seattle this year. 

SF matches up well w/ Atlanta.  The finesse teams struggle mightily w/ SF.

Offline Yankee Charlie

• Gold
  • If you don't know me by now...
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2013, 10:00:46 PM »
Not on me....

Were not playing the Seahawks.  All about matchup's...  That said, SF also beat Seattle this year. 

SF matches up well w/ Atlanta.  The finesse teams struggle mightily w/ SF.

Lets see what happens on the field.  I wont bring it up agin till next weekend.

Go Birds!
"A boy comes to me with a spark of interest and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze" - Cus D'Amato, 1908-1985

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2013, 10:05:57 PM »
Lets see what happens on the field.  I wont bring it up agin till next weekend.

Go Birds!

I picked your team to win today....

They gave up a lot of yards to a running QB today.  Will they do better against an even better running QB?  And a pass rush at full strength?  (Seattle was w/ out their best pass rusher).

But hay, thats why the play the game on the field.   

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #140 on: January 14, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
H E L L S    B E L L S I hope Fox retires ! The guy wouldn't risk a dime to make a dollar.

Waaaaay to much like Reeves. This team was overly conservative and poorly coached...and the best team in the playoffs....yesterday.

How many third and mediums did they run the football and fail with Peyton filippin' Manning?

Kneel the football with two timeouts and 35 seconds and play for overtime with Peyton filippin' Manning?

500 yards of Offense given up to the Baltimore flippin' Ravens?

Entertaining game though but I expected this next week...not today.

McCoy hits the road....Moore comes in...Del Rio takes over as HC....Denver gets it done next season.

Im also thinking a week off is not such a great deal anymore.

GO SEAHAWKS !

Mike,

It came down to one play, IMO. The one play that cannot happen. A safety allowing someone deeper than them with less than a minute to go. We teach 8 year olds that can't happen. I hate to pin it on one play, but that inexcuseable.

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #141 on: January 14, 2013, 10:10:19 AM »
As a Jaguar fan I can not say Del Rio is the answer, unless you are looking for a guy not affraid to go for it on 4th down. For a good laugh google Jack Del Rio and chopping wood.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #142 on: January 14, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »
Mike,

It came down to one play, IMO. The one play that cannot happen. A safety allowing someone deeper than them with less than a minute to go. We teach 8 year olds that can't happen. I hate to pin it on one play, but that inexcuseable.

P

8 year olds defend that play.  :'(
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
« Reply #143 on: January 14, 2013, 11:11:34 AM »
P

In theory they do.....

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #144 on: January 14, 2013, 11:21:58 AM »
P

Depends who's coaching them.

I was helping out a 5-7 team once in a while a few years ago.  They had me as one of the coaches on the field.  Tie game or up by 2 or something like that, 90 seconds left in the game or something like that, running clock (always for that age group), other team has the ball on their own 30 or so.  I played a really good kid at safety, and deep, to clean up any run that broke free.  The other coach told me, "He ain't no use back there.  Move him up."  I was like, "Sure, knock yourself out."  So they moved him up to the box and we promptly allowed a 70-yard run down the sideline.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #145 on: January 14, 2013, 11:27:24 AM »
In theory they do.....
In theory 8 yr olds cant throw or defend that play...to complicated..... ;) ;D
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2013, 11:30:08 AM »
This is youth football after all.... 8)

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2013, 11:49:22 AM »

TT

I feel bad for Moore...#26 at Safety that gave up that play. Made a rookie mistake. He is only 22 and had a great season. He apologized to the fans, his teammates and the Owner. He could barley speak. I applaud him for that.

This hopefully burns with them all big time. Last time this happened Denver won back to back SB's and the core is in place. This is a swift kick in the nuts for Fox as well. He is absolutely getting baked right now...even by some of the players.

Atlanta had two timeouts and 25 seconds left in regulation and won their game with a 49 yard FG. Denver had 31 seconds left in regulation with three timeouts and took a knee....with Peyton flippin' Manning.  Playing to lose....you lose. That much is true.

They have a press conference at noon....maybe they will be introducing a new HC.   :D  I never liked the hire in the first place as you know. It was a band aide hire after they fired Mini McHoodie.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2013, 11:55:11 AM »
TT

I feel bad for Moore...#26 at Safety that gave up that play. Made a rookie mistake. He is only 22 and had a great season. He apologized to the fans, his teammates and the Owner. He could barley speak. I applaud him for that.

This hopefully burns with them all big time. Last time this happened Denver won back to back SB's and the core is in place. This is a swift kick in the nuts for Fox as well. He is absolutely getting baked right now...even by some of the players.

Atlanta had two timeouts and 25 seconds left in regulation and won their game with a 49 yard FG. Denver had 31 seconds left in regulation with three timeouts and took a knee....with Peyton flippin' Manning.  Playing to lose....you lose. That much is true.

They have a press conference at noon....maybe they will be introducing a new HC.   :D  I never liked the hire in the first place as you know. It was a band aide hire after they fired Mini McHoodie.
I am not a fox fan either, but in his defense, His style of football has 3 of the last 4 NC in college and pretty good chance that his desired style of football at least to some some exstent will win the superbowl. I am not saying he is smith saban jim harbaugh or  hoodie...(no I dont put john harbaugh in that coversation)

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2013, 11:58:58 AM »
I've always thought that coach Fox was a great coach.  Especially after what he did w/ Tebow last year...

But i was SHOCKED, that they took a knee w/ 31 sec left.  Everyone in the room was stunned.  And it was because they had Peyton Manning...

That said.  Their was a common theme throughout the game.  How many times did Manning throw the ball down field?  I cant remember any!  The longest throw he made was the TD throw to the corner.  At least that i cam remember.  He could BARELY get the medium out rout to Stokely.  Stokely had to go down & make a great catch.

I'm not sure Manning has regained his arm strength.  I don't think he had what it took to drive the ball down field.  Certainly in that wheather at least.  So i think thats why they took a knee.  In years past, there NO WAY, Manning would have even LET his Coach tell him to take a Knee.  I thing Manning HAD to be a part of that decision to take a knee....

Mahonz, i missed the presser.  Did one of them take the blame for it?  Or both?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:00:54 PM by WINGED »