Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86419 times)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 14, 2013, 12:02:14 PM »
The Patriots won their first Super Bowl by going for the win in pretty much the same situation, and with a QB who had only started for part of the year.  And they had just given up a 14-point lead.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #151 on: January 14, 2013, 12:06:45 PM »
The Patriots won their first Super Bowl by going for the win in pretty much the same situation, and with a QB who had only started for part of the year.  And they had just given up a 14-point lead.
It is what seperate the hoodie from the rest of the pack....he gotten toasted for that same call many times.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #152 on: January 14, 2013, 12:09:31 PM »
I am not a fox fan either, but in his defense, His style of football has 3 of the last 4 NC in college and pretty good chance that his desired style of football at least to some some exstent will win the superbowl. I am not saying he is smith saban jim harbaugh or  hoodie...(no I dont put john harbaugh in that coversation)

TT

Interesting side bar that one of the local Talking Heads on TV is saying….he is a die hard Broncos fan and used to cover them 30 years ago and has a long list of friends in the Org.

Dan Reeves was beyond concertative. Never followed his gut and always played the odds. He had success but never great success. Fox is Reeves.

Elways contract was up so he told the Owner….Pat its me or him. Well Reeves was sent packing and that eventually led to the Shanahan era. 

This Talking Head reminded everyone of that….publicly. Elway is probably the next Owner the both of them are so tight so he can flip any switch for any reason right now…and everything he has touched thus far has worked out well. They owned the AFL Colo Crush together before the league went dark for a while but they got out even though the Crush was a very successful Team. 

Fox is getting blasted from all directions. This might be the one decision he cant overcome. It was staggering what he did. I doubt the guy will even be able to go grocery shopping around these parts without getting heckled. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:21:18 PM by mahonz »
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #153 on: January 14, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »
It is what seperate the hoodie from the rest of the pack....he gotten toasted for that same call many times.

Didn't the Pats take the SAFE approach last night, w/ 3 timeouts, and ended up giving up 3 points before the half because of it?
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #154 on: January 14, 2013, 12:14:44 PM »

Didn't the Pats take the SAFE approach last night, w/ 3 timeouts, and ended up giving up 3 points before the half because of it? touchdown or field goal?
do you know the defensive calls?I thought the pats had complete control of the game and displayed so in the first drive of the second half.... I didnt see a whole lot of space between the rec. of houston and the patriot defenders...
do you remember the Indy game where he let brady throw it kevin faulk and it failed?
btw do names roger craig and rick watters ring a bell by any chance? that 49er thing.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:16:21 PM by tebowthud »
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2013, 12:15:18 PM »
Below is the first line from CBS sports writer talking about the game... Apparently, i wasn't alone in my assesment of Mannings arm.

"Peyton Manning threw two interceptions and his arm looked extremely tired."

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #156 on: January 14, 2013, 12:16:36 PM »
do you know the defensive calls? I didnt see a whole lot of space between the rec. of houston and the patriot defenders...
do you remember the Indy game where he let brady throw it kevin faulk and it failed?
btw do names roger craig and rick watters ring a bell by any chance? that 49er thing.

The famous Mr. "For who?  For what?"
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #157 on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:04 PM »
Below is the first line from CBS sports writer talking about the game... Apparently, i wasn't alone in my assesment of Mannings arm.

"Peyton Manning threw two interceptions and his arm looked extremely tired."
yes the same arm that got them to 13-3.... from a guy  who couldnt tell the different between a pro set and an I formation.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #158 on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:14 PM »
I've always thought that coach Fox was a great coach.  Especially after what he did w/ Tebow last year...

But i was SHOCKED, that they took a knee w/ 31 sec left.  Everyone in the room was stunned.  And it was because they had Peyton Manning...

That said.  Their was a common theme throughout the game.  How many times did Manning throw the ball down field?  I cant remember any!  The longest throw he made was the TD throw to the corner.  At least that i cam remember.  He could BARELY get the medium out rout to Stokely.  Stokely had to go down & make a great catch.

I'm not sure Manning has regained his arm strength.  I don't think he had what it took to drive the ball down field.  Certainly in that wheather at least.  So i think thats why they took a knee.  In years past, there NO WAY, Manning would have even LET his Coach tell him to take a Knee.  I thing Manning HAD to be a part of that decision to take a knee....

Mahonz, i missed the presser.  Did one of them take the blame for it?  Or both?

W

Fox had nothing to do with Tebow....he played Orton until the season was lost....or so he thought. Fortunately the AFC West is the new NFC West these days so Denver won the Division with a spectacular 8-8 record last year.

Tebow was all McCoy's doing and for that it helped land Manning. And McCoy had everything to do with helping Denver learn the Manning way on Offense.

Fox just watched everything unfold and dictated certain things at certain times like take a knee in that game and lets regroup because I play the odds.... not my gut. The team was reeling for sure....but not as bad as Atlanta was yesterday....and they played to win.

Its why McCoy will be a header in a matter of days.

I dont know what a presser is? .
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:22:22 PM by mahonz »
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #159 on: January 14, 2013, 12:18:22 PM »
do you know the defensive calls?I thought the pats had complete control of the game and displayed so in the first drive of the second half.... I didnt see a whole lot of space between the rec. of houston and the patriot defenders...

None of what you just said, has ANYTHING to do w/ what i said....

The Patriots elected to try & run the clock out @ the end of the half, w/ over a minute & 3 timeouts left.  It wound up costing them 3 points to Houston.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #160 on: January 14, 2013, 12:20:05 PM »
The famous Mr. "For who?  For what?"
what confused you?
None of what you just said, has ANYTHING to do w/ what i said....

The Patriots elected to try & run the clock out @ the end of the half, w/ over a minute & 3 timeouts left.  It wound up costing them 3 points to Houston.
how much were they up by? they were in complete control of that game..no reason to do anything they didnt want to do.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #161 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22:11 PM »
PRESS CONFERENCE.  Did either of them take the blame for taking a knee?  I personally think that Manning knew he couldn't make the throws to get them down the field in that about of time, in that wheather.  I think Manning was part of that decision.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #162 on: January 14, 2013, 12:22:55 PM »
what confused you?how much were they up by? they were in complete control of that game..no reason to do anything they didnt want to do.

They were up by 7 points...

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #163 on: January 14, 2013, 12:24:51 PM »
yes the same arm that got them to 13-3.... from a guy  who couldnt tell the different between a pro set and an I formation.

Who didn't know PRO from I?  The CBS writer? 

Mannings arm looked dead.  He could not throw fhe ball down field.  Could barely reach Stokely on a 9 yard out.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #164 on: January 14, 2013, 12:26:09 PM »
They were up by 7 points...
and they were still in complete control of the game....the only stopping the pats was the pats.

Who didn't know PRO from I?  The CBS writer?  I am not sure anymore

Mannings arm looked dead.  He could not throw fhe ball down field.  Could barely reach Stokely on a 9 yard out.
have you ever thought just maybe baltimore wasnt letting them do it? JUST MAYBE.