Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86447 times)

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Coordinator
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 14, 2013, 12:28:45 PM »
Its why McCoy will be a header in a matter of days.
Rumor is the Jags have or are going to be bringing him in for an interview. I think him or Roman for the 9ers are the 2 favorites. Followed by little Schottenheimer.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #166 on: January 14, 2013, 12:34:30 PM »
PRESS CONFERENCE.  Did either of them take the blame for taking a knee?  I personally think that Manning knew he couldn't make the throws to get them down the field in that about of time, in that wheather.  I think Manning was part of that decision.

W

I watched Manning's PC. The guy is a diplomat and took one for McCoy and Fox for sure.

Denver is leading 35-28 at the 2 minute warning. Baltimore is out of time outs and its 3rd and 7. They run the football for no gain. Manning said he checked to that call which is total BS. They just came off the timeout and were in a Power formation and they snapped the football with no Manning pre snap "speak".

He said taking a knee was a collective decision to regroup.

As far as the long ball....weather and a healthy Ravens D if you ask me.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2013, 12:36:04 PM »
and they were still in complete control of the game....the only stopping the pats was the pats.have you ever thought just maybe baltimore wasnt letting them do it? JUST MAYBE.

Sure i thought that.  Until i saw him unable to make throws he's always been able to make....

You cant excuse Bellicheck & crush Fox for doing almost the same thing.  The Pats went into the half, only up by 4, because of Bellichek playing it safe.  If the only thing that could stop them, was themselves, why not drive down field & put another TD on the board?

And the Pats had 3 timeouts & over a minute.  And a QB at full strength.  Denver had 2 timeouts, 31 sec. left, and a QB that couldn't drive the ball down field.

As i said, i'm not the only one that felt that way.  Should i bring up more quotes from people that felt the same?
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2013, 12:38:11 PM »
Sure i thought that.  Until i saw him unable to make throws he's always been able to make....

You cant excuse Bellicheck & crush Fox for doing almost the same thing.  The Pats went into the half, only up by 4, because of Bellichek playing it safe.  If the only thing that could stop them, was themselves, why not drive down field & put another TD on the board?

And the Pats had 3 timeouts & over a minute.  And a QB at full strength.  Denver had 2 timeouts, 31 sec. left, and a QB that couldn't drive the ball down field.

As i said, i'm not the only one that felt that way.  Should i bring up more quotes from people that felt the same?

W

End of the half...end of the game.

Two different animals. Plus the Pats we receiving the ball to start the third quarter.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:55 PM »
You gotta at least try. Playing for the tie is playing to get beat in my mind. Manning did look like he was not able to put the ball down field but the defense is going to give you the short intermediate stuff over the middle. 2 completions with some yac and they are close to fg range.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2013, 12:45:40 PM »

I can do whatever i want....I can say same about denver at the end of the half as I can NE......Baltimore showed no ability to move the ball down the field and stick it in the endzone....Denver did it(move the ball down the field and stick it in the endzone)...could do it....denver eliminates the the blown coverage, plays better technique game is over If  am john fox....I can say the same thing about new england...their was nothing constant from houston that said they needed to take any  unwarranted risk...none. baltimore wasnt giving the big throw up. that was plain as  day.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2013, 12:48:36 PM »
W

I watched Manning's PC. The guy is a diplomat and took one for McCoy and Fox for sure.

Denver is leading 35-28 at the 2 minute warning. Baltimore is out of time outs and its 3rd and 7. They run the football for no gain. Manning said he checked to that call which is total BS. They just came off the timeout and were in a Power formation and they snapped the football with no Manning pre snap "speak".

He said taking a knee was a collective decision to regroup.

As far as the long ball....weather and a healthy Ravens D if you ask me.

Thats EXACTLY what I thought was the case.  I believe Manning.  Everything h/ saying, confirms what we were seeing.  He was aware of his own ability to push the ball down the field. 
If Manning had said, "Give me the damn ball, i'm going to win the game".  I guarantee you Fox would have let him try.  Fox may have wanted to take a knee, but i believe Manning made the final call on that.  You don't bring in a HOF QB & tell him what to do at the end of games....

If the Pats had lost that game.  Bellicheck would have got CRUSHED for that decision.  Sure, the circumstances were a little different.  But the Pats had even better odds of getting a score there.  And points matter, no matter what point of the game it is...

The main difference is, the Pats won & the Broncos lost.  If the Broncos had gone for it & Manning throw that pick that he throws in overtime.  And the Ravens make a GW field goal.  Well the Fox gets crushed for having Manning throw the ball in that weather, w/ what was apparent to almost everyone, was a noodle arm...

The blame for that game, should land squarely on the Broncos defense.  They gave up a 70 yrd TD under a minute left!!!  Are you kidding me?! 

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2013, 12:50:11 PM »
You gotta at least try. Playing for the tie is playing to get beat in my mind. Manning did look like he was not able to put the ball down field but the defense is going to give you the short intermediate stuff over the middle. 2 completions with some yac and they are close to fg range.

R

Absolutely. Fox will always argue for the odds. OK the odds of scoring a TD in that situation is 98:1....the odds of getting into reasonable FG range is 9:1...the odds of making that FG is 9:7.... the odds of scoring a TD if you take a knee....89,000:1.

The Talking Heads have already run the numbers and cant understand why Fox didn't play the odds. 

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #173 on: January 14, 2013, 12:53:37 PM »
I'm not saying i agree w/ the decision.  I'm saying that i don't believe Fox made that decision.  I believe it was Manning.  He made the final call.  Theres no F-ING WAY, John Fox told one of the greatest QB's of all time, "Peyton, i don't care if you think you can do it.  I want you to take a knee". 

NO WAY!  Fox might not be the greatest coach in the world.  But he's an NFL coach, so he's one of the best out there.  You'd have to be a complete idiot to tell your HOF QB, that he HAS to take a Knee, if he believes he can win the game.  This was Manning's final decision.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #174 on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:40 PM »
I can't see Manning overriding the header on whether to take a knee. If he has that capability the header needs to be fired for that alone. I can see Manning covering for his header even if he completely disagreed with him. He is not a throw you under the bus kinda guy. Those are easy throws in that situation.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #175 on: January 14, 2013, 12:56:29 PM »
R

Absolutely. Fox will always argue for the odds. OK the odds of scoring a TD in that situation is 98:1....the odds of getting into reasonable FG range is 9:1...the odds of making that FG is 9:7.... the odds of scoring a TD if you take a knee....89,000:1.

The Talking Heads have already run the numbers and cant understand why Fox didn't play the odds.

Mahonz, you really believe that Fox told his HOF QB he had to take a knee?  You don't think Manning had the final call there?

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #176 on: January 14, 2013, 12:57:50 PM »
What kind of header is Fox if he does not have final call. I'll tell you, a soon to be excoach.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #177 on: January 14, 2013, 12:59:14 PM »
I can't see Manning overriding the header on whether to take a knee. If he has that capability the header needs to be fired for that alone. I can see Manning covering for his header even if he completely disagreed with him. He is not a throw you under the bus kinda guy. Those are easy throws in that situation.

I 100% disagree.  I've watched Manning & other greats a hundred times, dictate what their gonna do in that situation.  Were talking top 5 greatest QB of all time.  I GUARANTEE you, Manning was asked what he wanted to do...

If MANNING WAS NOT ASKED, THEN THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF SHOULD BE FIRED!

Offline seeindouble

• Silver
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
« Reply #178 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:10 PM »
What kind of header is Fox if he does not have final call. I'll tell you, a soon to be excoach.

Manning did that type of stuff in Indy, when Dungy was there.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #179 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:37 PM »
Mahonz, you really believe that Fox told his HOF QB he had to take a knee?  You don't think Manning had the final call there?
nope....if manning has that type of power, I would lose all respect for John Fox
Manning did that type of stuff in Indy, when Dungy was there.
nice try.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.