Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86421 times)

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 14, 2013, 01:01:16 PM »
What kind of header is Fox if he does not have final call. I'll tell you, a soon to be excoach.

A very smart one, if he puts his trust in his HOF QB!  Who has the final call on play calls?  Manning does.  Does that make Fox a bad header?  No.  Thats what you do w/ HOF QB's.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #181 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:19 PM »

Thats EXACTLY what I thought was the case.  I believe Manning.  Everything h/ saying, confirms what we were seeing.  He was aware of his own ability to push the ball down the field. 
If Manning had said, "Give me the damn ball, i'm going to win the game".  I guarantee you Fox would have let him try.  Fox may have wanted to take a knee, but i believe Manning made the final call on that.  You don't bring in a HOF QB & tell him what to do at the end of games....

If the Pats had lost that game.  Bellicheck would have got CRUSHED for that decision.  Sure, the circumstances were a little different.  But the Pats had even better odds of getting a score there.  And points matter, no matter what point of the game it is...

The main difference is, the Pats won & the Broncos lost.  If the Broncos had gone for it & Manning throw that pick that he throws in overtime.  And the Ravens make a GW field goal.  Well the Fox gets crushed for having Manning throw the ball in that weather, w/ what was apparent to almost everyone, was a noodle arm...

The blame for that game, should land squarely on the Broncos defense.  They gave up a 70 yrd TD under a minute left!!!  Are you kidding me?!

W

Weirdest game I have ever watched I do believe. NFL anyway...plenty of weird stuff at youth.

Denver had 250 yards and 2 TD's off special teams.  :o

The leading receiver yardage wise had 2 catches.  ???

Both teams were heavily penalized at the worst times.  >:(

Both teams ran for over 100 yards and passed for 300 yards but it took 6+ quarters.  :-\

Manning's turnovers accounted for 17 Raven points while Flacco's accounted for 7.  :'(

Best quote from a disgruntled Fan....I slapped my leather sofa so hard it moo'd.  8)

Hey...that' s football.

GO FALCON's !!!...they have never won a Championship so that's my team now. Plus they have the coolest uniforms for all teams left in the playoffs with your 49'rs a close second.

My Conference picks...

Falcons over the 49'rs by 7 because Russell gave them a good look at whats coming.

Pat Ravens pick em because I dont care. Just as long as neither hoists the Lombardi Im happy.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:07:03 PM by mahonz »
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #182 on: January 14, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »
If you guys believe that Manning said " i want to go for it".  And Fox said, "no, your taking a knee".... Well then you are just flat out wrong.  There is NO WAY IN HELL, that went down. like that.  Manning made that decision. 

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #183 on: January 14, 2013, 01:05:19 PM »
If you guys believe that Manning said " i want to go for it".  And Fox said, "no, your taking a knee".... Well then you are just flat out wrong.  There is NO WAY IN HELL, that went down. like that.  Manning made that decision.
if we were talking basketball i would agree....mj/phil......maybe....
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #184 on: January 14, 2013, 01:05:41 PM »
I'm not saying i agree w/ the decision.  I'm saying that i don't believe Fox made that decision.  I believe it was Manning.  He made the final call.  Theres no F-ING WAY, John Fox told one of the greatest QB's of all time, "Peyton, i don't care if you think you can do it.  I want you to take a knee". 

NO WAY!  Fox might not be the greatest coach in the world.  But he's an NFL coach, so he's one of the best out there.  You'd have to be a complete idiot to tell your HOF QB, that he HAS to take a Knee, if he believes he can win the game.  This was Manning's final decision.

W

Fox has a PC in one hour an Im sure that will come up...so I will report then.

Its the Header that makes those kinds of decisions IMO. That is his job.

Offline seeindouble

• Silver
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
« Reply #185 on: January 14, 2013, 01:05:52 PM »
nice try.

Yup, He sho' did.
So much so, that it cost them the game, and a WTF! look from Edgerrin James.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2013, 01:08:37 PM »
Yup, He sho' did.
So much so, that it cost them the game, and a WTF! look from Edgerrin James.
Oh how I would like to tell the truth...but I might be called racist, rude, mean, or another poster.... ;)
P.S they wont call you that... :o
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #187 on: January 14, 2013, 01:10:45 PM »
W

I agree, but only when were not talking about BRADY, MANNING, ROGERS, BREES... HOF QB's, you cannot compare them to what you would normally do.  They are different, and i think we can all agree on that. 

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #188 on: January 14, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
I agree, but only when were not talking about BRADY, MANNING, ROGERS, BREES... HOF QB's, you cannot compare them to what you would normally do.  They are different, and i think we can all agree on that.
No we dont all agree....some would rather have tebow......some being member on this board.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #189 on: January 14, 2013, 01:27:06 PM »
No we dont all agree....some would rather have tebow......some being member on this board.

TT

Tebow wouldn't have thrown a pick 6...fumbled on an attempted tuck and thrown that pass across his body in 5 degree weather in OT.

Its mathematically impossible when you only attempt 5 passes per game.  8)

What I enjoyed about Manning this season...and I've never been a fan because he was with Indy and beat Denver like a drum for years...is that he is a real stand up guy. The consummate teammate. I never knew this about him before. I figured since he was a superstar that he was also a Dictator. Not the case.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #190 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:00 PM »
TT

Tebow wouldn't have thrown a pick 6...fumbled on an attempted tuck and thrown that pass across his body in 5 degree weather in OT.

Its mathematically impossible when you only attempt 5 passes per game.  8)

What I enjoyed about Manning this season...and I've never been a fan because he was with Indy and beat Denver like a drum for years...is that he is a real stand up guy. The consummate teammate. I never knew this about him before. I figured since he was a superstar that he was also a Dictator. Not the case.
I told you before, telling you again, nothing to do with tebow the man. Nothing, zero, nodda....he just cant play qb.
By no means are you the only one.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #191 on: January 14, 2013, 01:30:44 PM »
W

I'm sure Fox will fall on the sword.  He's not going to say that his franchise QB made the call...
I believe it's exactly what they said.  A group decision.  Manning agreed w/ it, because of the conditions & his inability to push the ball up field.... However, if Manning had said i want to go for it, i believe Fox would have agreed.  Certainly i'm not saying Manning would refuse to do what Fox asked him to do.  But i do believe, that Fox would have gone w/ whatever Manning believed was best...

If it comes out, that Fox overruled Manning, then i 100% endorse the firing of Fox.  I just don't believe thats what happened.  I believe Manning knew his own limitations.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #192 on: January 14, 2013, 01:32:11 PM »

I'm sure Fox will fall on the sword.  He's not going to say that his franchise QB made the call...
I believe it's exactly what they said.  A group decision.  Manning agreed w/ it, because of the conditions & his inability to push the ball up field.... However, if Manning had said i want to go for it, i believe Fox would have agreed.  Certainly i'm not saying Manning wpuld refuse to do what Fox asked him to do.  But i do believe, that Fox would have gone w/ whatever Manning believed was best...

If it comes out, that Fox overruled Manning, then i 100% endorse the firing of Fox.  I just don't believe thats what happened.  I believe Manning knew his own limitations.
if thats the case, then he will be a free agent. would you like to make a friendly wager on that?

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #193 on: January 14, 2013, 01:36:05 PM »

I believe it's exactly what they said.  A group decision.  Manning agreed w/ it, because of the conditions & his inability to push the ball up field.... However, if Manning had said i want to go for it, i believe Fox would have agreed.  Certainly i'm not saying Manning wpuld refuse to do what Fox asked him to do.  But i do believe, that Fox would have gone w/ whatever Manning believed was best...

W

Could be...but under the scenario at the time if Manning went 5 wide then Reed goes prevent and Denver does not need the long ball...3 15 yard plays with those timeouts to help and they have a shot. Just like Atlanta did.

Prater is a long ball kicker too in the cold. He made a 58 and 54 yard FG vs Chicago last season in the cold and was chompin' to get another shot after his muff earlier.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #194 on: January 14, 2013, 01:38:21 PM »
A wager on what?

I don't think we'll even know the truth.  I would be willing to bet, that Manning agreed to take a knee...
But really thats not fair to you.  Because neither coach or QB, is going to put blame on the other.