Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86436 times)

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
  • Coaching: 9 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #210 on: January 14, 2013, 03:00:43 PM »

Coach, Mahonz said that Manning already said that he checked to a run, out of a pass play.  I don't think he would lie about it.
Coaches coach and players play! For Manning to check to a run, when the numbers did not dictate, would have been crazy! Qb's are given 2-3 plays to check to provided that the defense gives them the look they want! Manning is no different, he goes overboard with all the verbage and hand signals at the line.
"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare to win"
The General Robert Montgomery Knight
(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad
"Victory Favors the PREPARED!"

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
« Reply #211 on: January 14, 2013, 03:01:52 PM »
Watched Fox's press conference.

His decision to run on 3rd and 7 after the 2 minute warning....his decision not to change the coverage after the first quarter and help Bailey....his decision to take a knee after the Ravens tied it up. Said his team was too shocked and needed that 5 minute break to regroup.

Said he will learn from this and be better for it. In 501 games...this one was so far off the norm you just roll with it and gave lots of credit to the Ravens. They were dealing with the same crazy stuff and got it done.

The decision to run on 3rd and 7 was the right call. You were up with 1:50 with that snap. The Broncos punted with a 1:15 left. If the pass was incomplete, you give them 35 more seconds to work with. That doesn't make sense. You have to stop them with under a minute left from their own 30. It's 60-40 that Manning completes a pass in that scenario. Incompete pass is a gift to the Ravens.

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
« Reply #212 on: January 14, 2013, 03:05:55 PM »
I said Fox would fall on the sword.  That was never a doubt.  I'm more inclined to believe the guy who admitted it, in the heat of the battle, than the guy that had a day to figure it all out....

Fox doesn't even call the plays.  But he called that one?
Winged,
You are crazy if you think that in that timeout Fox did not tell McCoy to run the ball! Or Fox announce on the head set after the Ravens score we will take it to overtime.
(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #213 on: January 14, 2013, 03:10:03 PM »
The decision to run on 3rd and 7 was the right call. You were up with 1:50 with that snap. The Broncos punted with a 1:15 left. If the pass was incomplete, you give them 35 more seconds to work with. That doesn't make sense. You have to stop them with under a minute left from their own 30. It's 60-40 that Manning completes a pass in that scenario. Incompete pass is a gift to the Ravens.

P

When you look at the percentages...like Fox does.....and how he explained the thinking.

Run and burn clock if nothing else. Give the Ravens the FB with no timeouts and 77 yards to go up by 7 with 1:09 left and you win the game 95% of the time.

Then fast forward a few plays...70 yards to go with :41 left and you win 99% of the time.

Well...they scored leaving you with :31 left and two timeouts and a long ball FG kicker meaning a 30% chance of executing and winning. 30% is better than 0% but he says you know your team and after that score his team needed to regroup.

Yah....BS ! He needed to regroup. Wussy.  >:(
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
« Reply #214 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »
P

When you look at the percentages...like Fox does.....and how he explained the thinking.

Run and burn clock if nothing else. Give the Ravens the FB with no timeouts and 77 yards to go up by 7 with 1:09 left and you win the game 95% of the time.

Then fast forward a few plays...70 yards to go with :41 left and you win 99% of the time.

Well...they scored leaving you with :31 left and two timeouts and a long ball FG kicker meaning a 30% chance of executing and winning. 30% is better than 0% but he says you know your team and after that score his team needed to regroup.

Mahonz I am with you on that! He was shellshocked and needed to think it over.
(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
« Reply #215 on: January 14, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »
P

I agree about kneeling it down. I am never usually a fan of ending the game in a tie without trying.

I was particularly bummed as we were going to come out to the AFC Championship game if was in Denver (like it should be).

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #216 on: January 14, 2013, 03:15:12 PM »
The focus should be on 3rd and 7! 3rd and 7 Fox takes the ball out of Mannings hands and runs! It is not a stretch to think it was his call to kneel the ball with 31 seconds to go. How much of this conservative play calling have to do with how Tebow performed down the stretch last year?

M

Lots of talk about that last off season....what does a coach like Fox do with a player like Manning? Tebow played into his style perfectly. 

Well....why do you think Denver started our 2-3 and then rolled off 11 wins in a row. Fox finally got out of McCoy's and Manning's way that why. 

Then when the chips were down Fox couldn't handle the frozen pee dribbling down his leg.  :P

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
« Reply #217 on: January 14, 2013, 03:58:59 PM »
M

Lots of talk about that last off season....what does a coach like Fox do with a player like Manning? Tebow played into his style perfectly. 

Well....why do you think Denver started our 2-3 and then rolled off 11 wins in a row. Fox finally got out of McCoy's and Manning's way that why. 

Then when the chips were down Fox couldn't handle the frozen pee dribbling down his leg.  :P
Mahonz,
I am glad you asked that lets look at their schedule.

2012 Regular Season Schedule

1 Sun, Sep 9 vs Pittsburgh W 31-19

2 Mon, Sep 17 @ Atlanta L 27-21

3 Sun, Sep 23 vs Houston L 31-25

4 Sun, Sep 30 vs Oakland W 37-6

5 Sun, Oct 7 @ New England L 31-21

6 Mon, Oct 15 @ San Diego W 35-2

7 BYE WEEK

8 Sun, Oct 28 vs New Orleans W 34-14

9 Sun, Nov 4 @ Cincinnati W 31-23

10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Carolina W 36-14

11 Sun, Nov 18 vs San Diego W 30-23

12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Kansas City W 17-9

13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Tampa Bay W 31-23

14 Thu, Dec 6 Oakland W 26-13

15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Baltimore W 34-17

16 Sun, Dec 23 vs Cleveland W 34-12

17 Sun, Dec 30 vs Kansas City W 38-3

During their 11 win streak they only beat two playoff teams (Cincinatti and Baltimore), the AFC West 5-0, NFC South 3-0, and the AFC North 3-0. The defenses of these teams were in the bottom twenty in the league! By far the easiet schedule in the NFL. Of the 4 remaining teams the Broncoes lost to 3!

(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #218 on: January 14, 2013, 04:16:03 PM »
Mahonz,
I am glad you asked that lets look at their schedule.

2012 Regular Season Schedule

1 Sun, Sep 9 vs Pittsburgh W 31-19

2 Mon, Sep 17 @ Atlanta L 27-21

3 Sun, Sep 23 vs Houston L 31-25

4 Sun, Sep 30 vs Oakland W 37-6

5 Sun, Oct 7 @ New England L 31-21

6 Mon, Oct 15 @ San Diego W 35-2

7 BYE WEEK

8 Sun, Oct 28 vs New Orleans W 34-14

9 Sun, Nov 4 @ Cincinnati W 31-23

10 Sun, Nov 11 @ Carolina W 36-14

11 Sun, Nov 18 vs San Diego W 30-23

12 Sun, Nov 25 @ Kansas City W 17-9

13 Sun, Dec 2 vs Tampa Bay W 31-23

14 Thu, Dec 6 Oakland W 26-13

15 Sun, Dec 16 @ Baltimore W 34-17

16 Sun, Dec 23 vs Cleveland W 34-12

17 Sun, Dec 30 vs Kansas City W 38-3

During their 11 win streak they only beat two playoff teams (Cincinatti and Baltimore), the AFC West 5-0, NFC South 3-0, and the AFC North 3-0. The defenses of these teams were in the bottom twenty in the league! By far the easiet schedule in the NFL. Of the 4 remaining teams the Broncoes lost to 3!

M

Only the Division Games has actual meaning every year IMO and the AFC West was indeed awful. I think the pundits were picking the Chiefs to win the Division.

Prior to the season everyone was saying Denver was playing the second hardest Schedule. Well…how did that work out? On any given Sunday sports fans. I mean really...NE lost to AZ. WTF was that all about? Tampa was on a terror and disappeared.  The Lions were finally ready for prime time. Just another day in the NFL and why Im a huge fan. Plus things can change in a big way each year for many teams so actual Strength of Schedule doesn't fly or apply in my World...this aint the BCS.

The Chiefs could win the SB next year. Seriously... they could.  8) 

G-TigerHC

« Reply #219 on: January 14, 2013, 06:04:42 PM »
Stop kidding yourselves, we all know Peyton calls the plays. Its his Indy offense

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
« Reply #220 on: January 14, 2013, 06:14:14 PM »
Much easier to persecute the coach than the player...

Manning admitted to changing the play, and were still going to try & blame the guy that doesn't even call the plays.  I just don't think thats fair to Coach Fox....

To me, it just seems that maybe you didn't watch a lot of INDY, while he was there.  That was all Manning all the time.  He had the final say and called the majority of all the plays... Back then, we applauded him for his genius play calling.  Now we call his coach & idiot when all this was on Manning.  Except the 70 yard TD that the defense gave up.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #221 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:33 PM »
Much easier to persecute the coach than the player...

Manning admitted to changing the play, and were still going to try & blame the guy that doesn't even call the plays.  I just don't think thats fair to Coach Fox....

To me, it just seems that maybe you didn't watch a lot of INDY, while he was there.  That was all Manning all the time.  He had the final say and called the majority of all the plays... Back then, we applauded him for his genius play calling.  Now we call his coach & idiot when all this was on Manning.  Except the 70 yard TD that the defense gave up.
what about the wager? or is it now because of something else?
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
« Reply #222 on: January 14, 2013, 06:26:22 PM »
Tebow, Manning is still a great player.  He's one of the most accurate throwers.  He checks into the right play most of the time.  And he changes the culture of the entire team ...

I would be willing to bet you money that his arm strength diminished throughout the season.  I'm not gonna bet that their going to change release Manning who led them to 13-3. 

His arm tired.  It's not uncommon.  It's why they only allow pitchers a certain amount of innings after tommy john, the first year back.  Your arm doesn't have the same stamina after that much time off...

To argue that Manning was throwing yesterday, the way he was in week 7, is just ridiculous.  You had to be blind to not see, he COULD NOT, push the ball down field.  The throw to Stokely is the perfect example!  7-9 yard out & he could only get it to his feet!

The throw back across his body looked like it was hovering on a balloon.  What game were you watching? 

His down field stats were the WORST OF ANY QB IN THE PLAYOFFS!  Come on.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #223 on: January 14, 2013, 06:31:44 PM »
Tebow, Manning is still a great player.  He's one of the most accurate throwers.  He checks into the right play most of the time.  And he changes the culture of the entire team ...

I would be willing to bet you money that his arm strength diminished throughout the season.  I'm not gonna bet that their going to change release Manning who led them to 13-3. 

His arm tired.  It's not uncommon.  It's why they only allow pitchers a certain amount of innings after tommy john, the first year back.  Your arm doesn't have the same stamina after that much time off...

To argue that Manning was throwing yesterday, the way he was in week 7, is just ridiculous.  You had to be blind to not see, he COULD NOT, push the ball down field.  The throw to Stokely is the perfect example!  7-9 yard out & he could only get it to his feet!

The throw back across his body looked like it was hovering on a balloon.  What game were you watching? 

this isnt baseball, and again, he should be out of a job if that is the case because he is a detriment.....Its an easy wager if you believe that. The denver could broncos you use that cap for another 3 or 4 player than a qb who cant throw the football down the field......EASILY
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 06:33:22 PM by tebowthud »
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2013, 06:34:51 PM »

W

Manning admitted all season he wasn't his old self as far as arm strength...and adjusted his game accordingly.

I think that pick in OT sealed it in his own mind....whooops...cant do much of that anymore either !

He came to Denver on a 3 year plan and exceeded everyone's expectations year one. Im thankful...and so is he. He turned chicken shit into chicken salad and the future is bright.  ;D

GO FALCON's !....expose the K-man !