Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86456 times)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #255 on: January 14, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »
I was comparing Walter & the kid from Denver....
like I said...none of them ever had it.....They all sucked...
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline seeindouble

• Silver
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
« Reply #256 on: January 14, 2013, 07:19:42 PM »
Pretty crazy.  I think if he's drafted by the Patriots, he has a nice career.  Sometimes it's all about the situation you get drafted into.

It wouldn't have mattered who drafted Russell, He would've still eaten, and lazy rivered His way out of the league.
It got to the point where you couldn't tell the difference between Him and His O-Linemen.
But I'll give Him this, He did have some crazy arm strength, you can get away with just an arm in CFB, if you were surrounded with the type of talent that He had at LSU...no redeeming qualities required.

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #257 on: January 15, 2013, 10:05:27 AM »
Since were just talking playoffs.  I'll go back through Manning's playoff deep throws...

This year.  DEEP % 4%.  By comparison, Kap was 38%. 
Yards per Attempt.  4.0

DEEP % 18%
YPA 6.5 (highest of ANY QB IN THE PLAYOFFS)

DEEP % 26.2
YPA 7.1 (2nd highest of any QB in the playoffs)

DEEP % 18

YPA 6.1 (Third highest)

Do i need to keep going?  Manning's balls WERE NOTHING LIKE HE HAD SHOWN IN THE PAST.  He was one of the best deep ball throwers.  In this playoff, HE WAS THE WORST QB IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Pretty cut & dry.

He played in one playoff game. So he didn't throw deep in one game? You realize that the Ravens have the best ballhawking safety to ever play in the NFL right? You also realize that it was 6 degrees and Manning was used to playing in a dome.

He had a week off prior to this game. He had shown good arm strength all year, but suddenly he was tired or just lost the strength? That doesn't make sense.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #258 on: January 15, 2013, 12:48:38 PM »
He played in one playoff game. So he didn't throw deep in one game? You realize that the Ravens have the best ballhawking safety to ever play in the NFL right? You also realize that it was 6 degrees and Manning was used to playing in a dome.

He had a week off prior to this game. He had shown good arm strength all year, but suddenly he was tired or just lost the strength? That doesn't make sense.

Coach, i only used playoff stats, because that was the discussion...

The REG. season stats tell the exact same story.  Would you like me to list them?

And i did point to the weather factor.  None of this was a knock on Manning.  It was an illustration of why they decided to take a knee.  Mixed w/ the weather & Manning's diminished arm strength, he would not have been able to make the throws needed to get it done.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #259 on: January 15, 2013, 01:08:45 PM »

The REG. season stats tell the exact same story.  Would you like me to list them?

And i did point to the weather factor.  None of this was a knock on Manning.  It was an illustration of why they decided to take a knee.  Mixed w/ the weather & Manning's diminished arm strength, he would not have been able to make the throws needed to get it done.

W

The running joke pre game was the cold thin air would make Flacco more accurate. I think it worked.  8)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
« Reply #260 on: January 15, 2013, 01:12:48 PM »

It is your contention that Manning couldn't have thrown the ball 15-20 yards down field? He had two timeouts left. Could have used the middle of the field. The article I posted showed where he threw the ball at least 40 yards down field in the air on more than one occasion. He doesn't have Flacco's arm strength,but it wasn't like he was limited to 5 yard passes either.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #261 on: January 15, 2013, 01:22:47 PM »
It is your contention that Manning couldn't have thrown the ball 15-20 yards down field? He had two timeouts left. Could have used the middle of the field. The article I posted showed where he threw the ball at least 40 yards down field in the air on more than one occasion. He doesn't have Flacco's arm strength,but it wasn't like he was limited to 5 yard passes either.
I offered a wager that winged wouldnt touch.....that is all you need to know about what winged spewed.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #262 on: January 15, 2013, 01:24:19 PM »

Coach, I can throw the ball 40 yards down field.  Heck, i had a 2 kids this year that could throw 40 yards @ 13 YO...

But theres a big difference from being able to GET IT THERE.  And driving the ball there.  I don't believe manning had the ability to in those conditions & his arm in that state.  Coach, did you see the out rout to Stokely? 

Ed reed is one thing.  But Manning was the worst QB in the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS @ the deep ball.  That includes Andy Dalton!  Coach, Manning averaged 4 YPA! 

So what i'm saying, is that sure, he COULD have thrown the ball, 15/20 yards.  But not w/ the zip he needed in an obvious passing situation, and to your point, against the likes of the great Ed Reed.
If Manning thought he could do it, he would have DEMANDED a chance to drive his team downfield.  IMO.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #263 on: January 15, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
I offered a wager that winged wouldnt touch.....that is all you need to know about what winged spewed.

TT,

You offered the dumbest wager possible.  Oh ya, i'll bet that their going to cut the guy that changed the culture of their entire team!  Lol.  Come on...

I offered to bet you that his ball velocity had decreased, & you chose to ignore that proposal. 

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #264 on: January 15, 2013, 01:59:21 PM »
Word that I'm hearing the talking heads spout around here is that his right arm was numb, he couldn't throw the ball. 

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #265 on: January 15, 2013, 02:12:05 PM »
Word that I'm hearing the talking heads spout around here is that his right arm was numb, he couldn't throw the ball.

All the experts are saying what i'm saying.  But what do they know?

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #266 on: January 15, 2013, 02:19:11 PM »
All the experts are saying what i'm saying.  But what do they know?
all the experts? who are these experts? the same ones who said his career was over? Those "experts" know as much as you....nothing.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #267 on: January 15, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
all the experts? who are these experts? the same ones who said his career was over? Those "experts" know as much as you....nothing.

TT,

You've reached BOOMHOWER stage for me.  I can kind of make out what your saying.  But it's never anything worth while, so i no longer care.

You might be the greatest coach in the world, but noone will ever know, because all you do is talk out your neck. 

Offline Patriot

• Bronze
« Reply #268 on: January 15, 2013, 05:22:18 PM »
Coach, I can throw the ball 40 yards down field.  Heck, i had a 2 kids this year that could throw 40 yards @ 13 YO...

But theres a big difference from being able to GET IT THERE.  And driving the ball there.  I don't believe manning had the ability to in those conditions & his arm in that state.  Coach, did you see the out rout to Stokely? 

Ed reed is one thing.  But Manning was the worst QB in the ENTIRE PLAYOFFS @ the deep ball.  That includes Andy Dalton!  Coach, Manning averaged 4 YPA! 

So what i'm saying, is that sure, he COULD have thrown the ball, 15/20 yards.  But not w/ the zip he needed in an obvious passing situation, and to your point, against the likes of the great Ed Reed.
If Manning thought he could do it, he would have DEMANDED a chance to drive his team downfield.  IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000126494/article/was-peyton-mannings-arm-strength-a-problem

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #269 on: January 15, 2013, 05:57:57 PM »
Sounds familiar.   But like most writers, he backed up non of his opinion w/ any actual stats.  So while his eyes told him the same story mine did, he hust refuse to dig and see if there data to back that up...

The line where he says, theres just no way to know if it was his arm strength, is just plain lazy.  It's called research!