Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86435 times)

G-TigerHC

Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #330 on: January 20, 2013, 09:14:47 PM »
Boldin is just too much for those guys right now.

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #331 on: January 20, 2013, 11:59:38 PM »
For all the receptions Welker makes, and the beating he takes is unbelievable, he sure does drop some key throws.

3 key moments - Not getting it in for 7 that first FG, Hernandez not going OB on his reception at the end of the half, and Welker dropping that ball on 3rd down, essentially took points off the board with where they were.  All mistakes by the Pats.  Baltimore deserved that W.  Man does that team give the Pats fits.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #332 on: January 21, 2013, 03:06:22 AM »
For all the receptions Welker makes, and the beating he takes is unbelievable, he sure does drop some key throws.

3 key moments - Not getting it in for 7 that first FG, Hernandez not going OB on his reception at the end of the half, and Welker dropping that ball on 3rd down, essentially took points off the board with where they were.  All mistakes by the Pats.  Baltimore deserved that W.  Man does that team give the Pats fits.

The leadership & character on that Baltimore team is just amazing.  They govern each other.  So much respect for that squad...

Ronnie Lott used to talk about, how the character of their locker room, self governing, was a huge reason for their success...

How about Pollard?!  Lol.  Patriot killer.  That dude is infamous for beating up the PAT's...
The Pat's don't respond well to physical teams.  Their not the Patriots of the early Beicheck years.  Their a finesse team.  Teams like Baltimore & SF, give them fits. 

Their passing game is predicated on going over the middle w/ dink & dunk throws.  And they've shown time & time again, that they can be intimidated out of going over the middle.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #333 on: January 21, 2013, 03:10:23 AM »
Did they give a reason for Gronk bein up in the box w/ the suits?  I couldn't hear the broadcasters...

That was shocking to me.  I don't remember ever seeing that from an injured player.  Why wouldn't he want to be down there w/ his team?  That blew my mind.  You got RG3 coming back out of the locker room w/ his knee blown out, to stand on the sideline.  And you got this cat up in the box w/ the SUITS?!  I cant think of a single excuse that would fly w/ me if i was his teammate...

Offline coachmyles

• Bronze
  • "BRING THE PAIN"
  • Coaching: 9 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #334 on: January 21, 2013, 04:19:00 AM »
Did they give a reason for Gronk bein up in the box w/ the suits?  I couldn't hear the broadcasters...

That was shocking to me.  I don't remember ever seeing that from an injured player.  Why wouldn't he want to be down there w/ his team?  That blew my mind.  You got RG3 coming back out of the locker room w/ his knee blown out, to stand on the sideline.  And you got this cat up in the box w/ the SUITS?!  I cant think of a single excuse that would fly w/ me if i was his teammate...
I am not 100% on this, but guys on IR, are not permitted to be on the sidelines. Inactive and active 53 are the only players permitted on sidelines.
Really who cares where Gronk was! The only place he was going to help them was in the field.
"The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare to win"
The General Robert Montgomery Knight
(Bobby Knight)
Amat Victoria Curad
"Victory Favors the PREPARED!"

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #335 on: January 21, 2013, 09:49:33 AM »
So I wonder if the Harbargh brothers regret hanging out and talking football with one another all these years right about now.  :P

Fun SB story though.

Im thinking that cruzing thru a regular season schedule any more is a bad thing. Seems teams need that adversity to win in the playoffs anymore. Remember Coughlin last season...everyone thought he might get fired during the season and Baltimore losing 4 of the last 5 this year and firing their OC and SF getting absolutely waxed by Seattle late in the season.

NE looked dead. Never expected that from that team.

Happy to see some fresh Teams in the Big Show at least.

And getting back to the read option working at the NFL level...how many hits did Kappy take vs Atl....one? All he was to them was a serious threat and Gore had a field day. It works just fine.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

G-TigerHC

« Reply #336 on: January 21, 2013, 11:21:53 AM »
Also glad to see some new blood in the SB.
Gore and James both did well in the read, CK showed he can beat you with his arm as well. Should be a good game imo

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #337 on: January 21, 2013, 11:26:10 AM »
Also glad to see some new blood in the SB.
Gore and James both did well in the read, CK showed he can beat you with his arm as well. Should be a good game imo
this has the potential to be ugly in my mind.....San fran is not NE.......they can and will run on baltimore and make them pay for defending them....and they have the personnel to do both.....I dont believe baltimore can run san fran..... leaving it in the hands of flacco....yikes.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

G-TigerHC

« Reply #338 on: January 21, 2013, 11:32:08 AM »
San Frans corners are just as scary, Matt Ryan stopped himself, they had no answer for those wrs. I feel Smith can get open and Boldin can outmuscle them. Rice out of backfield is also a good weapon

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #339 on: January 21, 2013, 11:33:05 AM »
San Frans corners are just as scary, Matt Ryan stopped himself, they had no answer for those wrs. I feel Smith can get open and Boldin can outmuscle them. Rice out of backfield is also a good weapon
flacco doesnt scare me. neither does baltimore's run game or pass defense.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

G-TigerHC

« Reply #340 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:38 AM »
Any D with Ed Reed patroling the center field scares me.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #341 on: January 21, 2013, 11:37:31 AM »
Any D with Ed Reed patroling the center field scares me.
me too....but they have san fran is a different animal...

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #342 on: January 21, 2013, 11:51:21 AM »

G

I am impressed with the Ravens OL. Man those guys are just huge and athletic. I think its going to be a very good game. The coaches are certainly familiar with each other.  :)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Knights single wing

• Copper
  • Failure to prepare is preparing to fail
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #343 on: January 21, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »
I believe the Ravens Match up well with Frisco....Ravens should get great looks in practice with Taylor running the scout team offense. This team is on an emotional high right now and Ray will have them prepared to play.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #344 on: January 21, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »
I don't think they match up well defensively. 

On offense however, i think they match up fairly well.  The 49er secondary is not real fast.  So that favors Balti.  Boldin is a bad matchup for SF's smaller CB's. 

Should be a great game.  I'm worried about the big bro little bro aspect :). Big bro usually beats little bro...