Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86446 times)

Offline coachgs

• Silver
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Other
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #390 on: February 04, 2013, 12:47:42 AM »
Great game. Got to give props to both teams. They played hard as heck without having to be dirty. RB's ran hard, defenders hit hard. QB's were on the money once SF got their act together.

One of my favorite Super Bowls all time that the GIANTS did not win. And we had to wait to the last play to know who won.

With all the side stories, the brothers, HC mid season decisions on both teams with impact in SB. 4th quarter goal line stand. This might be a classic.

"Character is formed, not by laws, commands, and decrees, but by quiet influence, unconscious suggestion and personal guidance."
- Marion Burton -

G-TigerHC

« Reply #391 on: February 04, 2013, 12:50:35 AM »
Fact is the 9ers played with fire by starting games slow and it finally burned em when it all mattered.

Offline cpwhite

• Copper
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #392 on: February 04, 2013, 01:50:41 AM »
Corner Back holds, Receiver pushes off...un-catchable pass tips the scale to a 'No Call'.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 02:01:10 AM by cpwhite »

G-TigerHC

« Reply #393 on: February 04, 2013, 01:51:42 AM »

Offline Pantherlinecoach

• Bronze
  • If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not 4 U
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #394 on: February 04, 2013, 05:25:02 AM »
Corner Back holds, Receiver pushes off...un-catchable pass tips the scale to a 'No Call'.
If I beat the crap out of a would be mugger then it should all be off, right?? I had no rooting interest last night,  but I felt like that was a bad miss on the part of the officials. Crabtree had to push off to break the hold.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #395 on: February 04, 2013, 01:11:53 PM »

To be clear.  Illegal contact & defensive holding does not require the ball to be catchable.  ANY REFEREE THATS HAS REFFED PAST THE BOBBLE HEADS, SHOULD NEVER TAKE INTO ACCOUNT CATCHABLE ON HOLDING/ILLEGAL CONTACT.

It was a blown call.  Period.  The guy was blatantly holding him. Not even debatable.  You want to say SF screwed up a bunch of times, and they deserved to lose.  Sure, i'll buy that.  But don't try to excuse a TERRIBLE CALL.  The same damn ref, awarded Baltimore a first down, calling pass interference, when the only contact that was made, was Boldin boxing out Culliver.  Which wound up leading to a CRUCIAL field goal.

You have to call the game the same both ways.  PERIOD.  No excuse should or can be made for those two calls.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #396 on: February 04, 2013, 01:20:09 PM »
But don't try to excuse a TERRIBLE CALL.

Everything is always excuses and blame with you.

I'm not making excuses, and I'm not placing blame.

I'm telling you why I think it didn't get called, and what I think would have gotten it called.

That's all.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:28 PM »
Everything is always excuses and blame with you.

I'm not making excuses, and I'm not placing blame.

I'm telling you why I think it didn't get called, and what I think would have gotten it called.

That's all.

Well, i was responding to someone elses post...

I hear what your saying.  But i think your wrong.  Any official worth a crap would never take into account catchable on def. holding.  Thats just plain ridiculous.  Thats like an official only calling roughing the passer, if the pass was incomplete.  The two, HAVE NOTHING TO DO W/ EACH OTHER.

SF lost because of some poor decision making.  Including, scared play calling in the first half.  Which has been a trend all playoffs in the first half.

But that doesn't excuse the call.  The call is inexcusable, especially when you couple it w/ the PI he had called just a few minutes earlier.  If your not gonna make that call, then you never make it. 

Harbaugh didn't blame the game on the REF.  But he certainly acknowledged that it was an awful call.  Thats all i'm saying.  The guy messed up big time.  And whille SF made their bed early in the game.  If the official had done his job, SF would have had a new set of downs @ the 2 yard line.

Offline CoachJohn

• Benefactors
  • Gold
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: DC Wing T
  • Title: Administration
« Reply #398 on: February 04, 2013, 01:30:55 PM »
There is a new Poll going on in this thread regarding the subject of if he was held.  See post #5.

http://www.dumcoach.com/index.php/topic,11805.0.html
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #399 on: February 04, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
http://arizonasports.com/40/1577621/Arizona-Cardinals-receiver-Larry-Fitzgerald-chimes-in-on-replacement-refs

The Pro Bowler added that there are times a regular ref may see him push off a defensive back, but not call a penalty because the ball didn't come his way.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #400 on: February 04, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »
http://arizonasports.com/40/1577621/Arizona-Cardinals-receiver-Larry-Fitzgerald-chimes-in-on-replacement-refs

The Pro Bowler added that there are times a regular ref may see him push off a defensive back, but not call a penalty because the ball didn't come his way.

uh... Whats you point?  That has NOTHING to do w/ defensive holding.  Not a single thing.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #401 on: February 04, 2013, 01:44:44 PM »
uh... Whats you point?  That has NOTHING to do w/ defensive holding.  Not a single thing.

I'd explain it to you, but I kind of enjoy how bitter you are about this.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #402 on: February 04, 2013, 01:48:46 PM »
I'd explain it to you, but I kind of enjoy how bitter you are about this.

You'd explain it, but there is not explanation.  You want to bail a guy out for nkt doing his job w/ the game on the line, more power to you...

The FACT is, the defender BLATANTLY held the WR.  Flag should imediately be thrown.  The FACT also is, he called a BS PI, 5 minutes earlier.  Nothing you say changes those two FACTS....

And your damn right i'm bitter.  I wouldn't say crap, if he hadn't just called it 5 min. earlier on a BS call.  At least i wouldn't be as upset about it.  Thats what makes me so mad.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #403 on: February 04, 2013, 01:50:56 PM »
You'd explain it, but there is not explanation.  You want to bail a guy out for nkt doing his job w/ the game on the line, more power to you...

The FACT is, the defender BLATANTLY held the WR.  Flag should imediately be thrown.  The FACT also is, he called a BS PI, 5 minutes earlier.  Nothing you say changes those two FACTS....

And your damn right i'm bitter.  I wouldn't say crap, if he hadn't just called it 5 min. earlier on a BS call.  At least i wouldn't be as upset about it.  Thats what makes me so mad.
If we started making every single that should have been made, we would never finish a game. We would never successfully complete 1 play in one game.
Fact of the matter is, if the 49ers had won, the conspiracy theorist would be howling right now.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #404 on: February 04, 2013, 02:07:33 PM »
You want to bail a guy out

No.  I don't care about that. 

Again, you're always about blame and excuses, whether for you or for someone else.