Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86448 times)

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2013, 02:14:18 PM »
No.  I don't care about that. 

Again, you're always about blame and excuses, whether for you or for someone else.

So am i just supposed to ignore a fact?  Or MAKE UP RULES like you are?  I guess thats more productive.  Let me make up a rule, so i can critisize a guy that is frustrated BY FACTS!

Turn it on ESPN, wher another NFL coach, is saying that he is SHOCKED, that they didn't make the call.  Use FACTS to make your argument.  You don't have crap but "you always make excuses".... Which is not a fact.

It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #406 on: February 04, 2013, 02:17:07 PM »
So am i just supposed to ignore a fact?  Or MAKE UP RULES like you are?  I guess thats more productive.  Let me make up a rule, so i can critisize a guy that is frustrated BY FACTS!

Turn it on ESPN, wher another NFL coach, is saying that he is SHOCKED, that they didn't make the call.  Use FACTS to make your argument.  You don't have crap but "you always make excuses".... Which is not a fact.

Dude....you dont even get that call in the first Quarter let alone at the end of the game. Its the SB. Refs dont / wont change the game. Look at that only PI call in the entire game. Even the culprit was smiling.  :P
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline CoachJohn

• Benefactors
  • Gold
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: DC Wing T
  • Title: Administration
« Reply #407 on: February 04, 2013, 02:20:31 PM »
If the ball was thrown in a different direction, this would be a mute point.
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #408 on: February 04, 2013, 02:26:50 PM »
Mike, your missing the whole poing.  I settle for that, but NOT when he just called a BS PI, 5 minutes earlier, that led to a baltimore Field goal.  Same official.  Call so bad, that Phill Simms thought they were calling offensive PI.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #409 on: February 04, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »
Mike, your missing the whole poing.  I settle for that, but NOT when he just called a BS PI, 5 minutes earlier, that led to a baltimore Field goal.  Same official.  Call so bad, that Phill Simms thought they were calling offensive PI.

W

That DB was only saving you all in Niner nation from even more grief. Had Crabtree caught the football he'd been out of bounds.  :'(

POOOOOOR throw. Terrible play all around. Should have used their final TO and come up with a play with options especially when the Ravens D were in complete sell out mode.

Too bad...I was pulling for the comeback win.

Offline CoachJohn

• Benefactors
  • Gold
« Reply #410 on: February 04, 2013, 02:39:43 PM »
I will tell you about a bad call ...

« Reply #355 on: January 31, 2013, 03:39:55 PM »
from: CoachJohn: I'm putting my money on Ravens this time around.  The ravens have something special going into this game and I believe they are going to ride it the trophy presentation.

From Winged: How much money?

I should have taken him to the cleaners or at least for his Delaware Wing T: The Order of Football book.
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #411 on: February 04, 2013, 02:40:14 PM »
The good news is, SF is a reciever away from starting a dynasty.  We trade Smith, and that gives us an additional 8 mil.  SF was also w/ out Kendal Hunter, who is a star.  And w/ out Manningham, who is decent... Moss out, Greg Jennings in.  Hopefully...

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #412 on: February 04, 2013, 02:41:25 PM »
I will tell you about a bad call ...

I should have taken him to the cleaners or at least for his Delaware Wing T: The Order of Football book.

Lol.  I'll never give that up.  See why i don't bet on my own team?  I take losses hard enough as it is...

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #413 on: February 04, 2013, 02:42:20 PM »
The good news is, SF is a reciever away from starting a dynasty.  We trade Smith, and that gives us an additional 8 mil.  SF was also w/ out Kendal Hunter, who is a star.  And w/ out Manningham, who is decent... Moss out, Greg Jennings in.  Hopefully...

W

Without change they will be good for many seasons to come. Young and talented.

Offline CoachJohn

• Benefactors
  • Gold
« Reply #414 on: February 04, 2013, 02:44:21 PM »
Since we are on missed calls, did anyone see the gold medal high dive one of the linemen from Frisco did during the scuffle?  That should have been 15 yards too.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #415 on: February 04, 2013, 02:46:13 PM »
This is from an unbiased Boston writer...

Feb 4, 2013 12:32 PM
San Francisco wide receiver Michael Crabtree coudln't reach a pass because he was impeded by Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith, left, while safety Ed Reed shadowed in coverage. (Jeff Haynes / REUTERS)

By Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff

"I never would have thought we would be talking about a non-call in the Super Bowl again. At least not so soon.

But in a season that began with replacement referees and ended on a 4th and 5 hold -- and yes, it was a hold -- one has to seriously be concerned with the state of officiating.

The San Francisco 49ers fan base was sent into a tailspin after an infraction on Michael Crabtree's possible game-winning touchdown went uncalled. It was one in a series of bad no-calls in Super Bowl XLVII."

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #416 on: February 04, 2013, 02:49:16 PM »
This is from an unbiased Boston writer...

Feb 4, 2013 12:32 PM
San Francisco wide receiver Michael Crabtree coudln't reach a pass because he was impeded by Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith, left, while safety Ed Reed shadowed in coverage. (Jeff Haynes / REUTERS)

By Zuri Berry, Boston.com Staff

"I never would have thought we would be talking about a non-call in the Super Bowl again. At least not so soon.

But in a season that began with replacement referees and ended on a 4th and 5 hold -- and yes, it was a hold -- one has to seriously be concerned with the state of officiating.

The San Francisco 49ers fan base was sent into a tailspin after an infraction on Michael Crabtree's possible game-winning touchdown went uncalled. It was one in a series of bad no-calls in Super Bowl XLVII."

W

Still...Crabtree does not make the catch in bounds. Poor throw.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #417 on: February 04, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
He didn't have much time to throw... The whe deal is just a bummer how it ended.  A great game, could have become historic.

Biggest comeback in history.  But there was still 1:50 left.  If SF get's the 2 point conversion, their up bu 3, so Flacco has a chance to bring them down for the tie, or the win if SF doesn't get the 2 point. 
Could have been the first SB to go into OT.  Just a shame the game had to end on a bad call. 

Offline searider86

• Bronze
  • I wasn't hired for my disposition.
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #418 on: February 04, 2013, 02:57:00 PM »
Just a shame the game had to end on a bad call. 
It didn't.  It ended in SF with a shot to win it on a free kick return.   :P
"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

Vince Lombardi

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #419 on: February 04, 2013, 03:10:27 PM »
Can someone set up one of those fundraising-style thermometers, but with the stages of grief on it, so we can track how Winged is doing?
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.