Author Topic: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread  (Read 86454 times)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
Re: The NFL Playoffs Fan Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2013, 11:04:46 PM »
Take away the 30 6 yard passes, 2 kick returns, all the tackles, the blocking & the players & there would be no game to talk about!  lol...

I hate those statements.  Take away the 3 bog touchdown plays?  UH..... Isn't that the object? 

Put Deion Sanders on Torrey Smith & it's a laugher?  lol.  Come on.  They got beat.  Legit.
I am not arguing that balti didnt deserve to win..they....but Manning wasnt the reason denver loss.....
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2013, 11:12:12 PM »
Ball game... We would like to congratulate the GB Packer for participating in this year version of the  NFL playoff.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2013, 11:17:17 PM »
When they said they weren't going to let Adrian Peterson to rush for 200 yards, I figured that covered Colin Kaepernick, too.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 11:24:51 PM by Michael »
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2013, 11:19:08 PM »
When they said they weren't going to Adrian Peterson to rush for 200 yards, I figured that covered Colin Kaepernick, too.
They did have it covered....what they didnt have covered was the fact that kappy is not joe webb or christian ponder....he is better. Lots betters.

G-TigerHC

« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »
I just hope the Pats game isnt over by halftime.
Go Hawks

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2013, 09:35:48 AM »
I'm just waiting for all you guys to eat crow on your Packers predicts.  I thought it was pretty funny that you thought the Pack would win, even though the 9ers man handled them the first game.  And that was before they had Kaepernick starting....

Discout double choke!
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2013, 09:55:08 AM »
Denver beat one team all year - Baltimore in week 15.  Then lost to them when it counted.

It is what it is.  They beat bad teams.  Talk to NE fans about putting up crazy numbers against bad teams only to lose when it really matters, although Manning has taken that to new heights (lows).  I think that's Manning's 8th one and done in the playoffs.  You can whine all you want about "it wasn't Manning's fault", but he doesn't win when it counts.  Never has.

Offline Pantherlinecoach

• Bronze
  • If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not 4 U
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2013, 10:41:45 AM »
I'm just waiting for all you guys to eat crow on your Packers predicts.  I thought it was pretty funny that you thought the Pack would win, even though the 9ers man handled them the first game.  And that was before they had Kaepernick starting....

Discout double choke!
I picked the 9ers to win. Would have to eat a lot of crow onthe broncos outcome though.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2013, 10:56:19 AM »
I thought this was a team sport. Not Manning's fault. Not Champ's fault either but if you want to point fingers that should be the direction. You could make the same argument about Marino  but the truth is if your supporting cast does not hold up their end of the bargain it does not matter how well you hold up your's

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »
Think were all eating crow on that one....

Going into the game, the only statistical advantage Balti had on Denver was on special teams. Then Balti gives up 2 returns TD's and Denver STILL loses!  Unbelievable. 

Just goes to show, theres no way to measure heart, determination & character.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2013, 11:01:23 AM »
I thought this was a team sport. Not Manning's fault. Not Champ's fault either but if you want to point fingers that should be the direction. You could make the same argument about Marino  but the truth is if your supporting cast does not hold up their end of the bargain it does not matter how well you hold up your's

Team sport.  But it usually comes down to individu matchups, when good teams face off.  Champ got ABUSED!  Manning couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards.  Game over.

Offline Pantherlinecoach

• Bronze
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2013, 11:08:20 AM »
Think were all eating crow on that one....

Going into the game, the only statistical advantage Balti had on Denver was on special teams. Then Balti gives up 2 returns TD's and Denver STILL loses!  Unbelievable. 

Just goes to show, theres no way to measure heart, determination & character.
Torn on that game. Life long broncos fan, until Tennessee got the Titans. Still support broncos, but I hate Peyton Manning. Even when he was at UT, I couldn't stand the guy. I respect his game, just am a bigger fan of the gritty QBs. Manning is much better as a pro than he ever was in college.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2013, 11:10:21 AM »
Torn on that game. Life long broncos fan, until Tennessee got the Titans. Still support broncos, but I hate Peyton Manning. Even when he was at UT, I couldn't stand the guy. I respect his game, just am a bigger fan of the gritty QBs. Manning is much better as a pro than he ever was in college.

He actually managed to go the whole post-game press conference without throwing any teammates under the bus, unless I missed it.

And hey, his wife didn't do it, either, which puts her ahead of a certain other quarterback's wife, at lead when it comes to behavior after losses.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 11:13:52 AM by Michael »
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Pantherlinecoach

• Bronze
« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2013, 11:28:33 AM »
He actually managed to go the whole post-game press conference without throwing any teammates under the bus, unless I missed it.

And hey, his wife didn't do it, either, which puts her ahead of a certain other quarterback's wife, at lead when it comes to behavior after losses.
Who woulda thought he would make that rookie mistake in OT?  If anyone goes under the bus,  he join them. Its a team game,  I get it,  but I was shocked that he attempted that throw at that time.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2013, 11:33:05 AM »
Denver beat one team all year - Baltimore in week 15.  Then lost to them when it counted.

It is what it is.  They beat bad teams.  Talk to NE fans about putting up crazy numbers against bad teams only to lose when it really matters, although Manning has taken that to new heights (lows).  I think that's Manning's 8th one and done in the playoffs.  You can whine all you want about "it wasn't Manning's fault", but he doesn't win when it counts.  Never has.

J

I think they said Manning is 8-11 now in the playoffs and has been in the playoffs 12 times. So however that adds up. 

It was real simple for me....Baltimore played with nothing to lose and Denver played with everything to lose. Fox is too conservative. Worked well last season....caught up with him this season.  He admits...he plays the odds rather than his gut.

The local media is BAKING him right now. Fox lost that game...4 or 5 times over.

But I am a well trained Broncos fans...for 35 years there is usually an eye popping story come out of the playoffs....and Denver has been part of that story all too often. Any more it rolls off my back. I believed they had the team to win it all this year....oh well. They entertained me this season. At least Im not a Cleveland fan. 

Did you get your package?
What is beautiful, lives forever.