Author Topic: Beast and zone  (Read 637 times)

Offline Winger

• Copper
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Beast and zone
« on: May 03, 2013, 08:58:23 PM »
We run with two offensive sets, Beast (for sure), and moving towards a spread scheme with zone blocking.  To simplify blocking rules across both schemes, thinking about using OZ blocking for our edge runs for both Beast and spread.  Not sure IZ would work for interior runs or not.  Seems to me too many in the box, but OZ might work well.  Am I wasting time to even think about this?  Our traditional blocking for outside Beast runs is basically block down and kick out, and more of a blast or part scheme for interior runs.

I have no experience with zone blocking, have been studying it a lot, and I am planning to implement this year.
BP

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: Beast and zone
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »
B

I did an in-depth Beast Presentation for C-Robs On Line Clinics. Its only 5 bucks.

I go into how we teach the "Quad" which I am certain you can appreciate as a Beast Coach. We actually Zone the OL to the Center. except the 'Quad".

Lots of film as well from upper level youth teams and the Semi Pros.

The Quad is the last two O-linemen on the Long Side plus the two outside sniffer backs. They have options per the defense since...as you know...the defense will do crazy stuff.

Check it out.
What is beautiful, lives forever.