Author Topic: IZ blocking drills.  (Read 955 times)

Offline durfee4

• Platinum
  • Wing-T
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Coordinator
IZ blocking drills.
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:43:48 PM »
These drills seem to be very effective in the manner they are tought.Whats your opinion? Coach Berry videos i seem to understand them better then a sheet of paper.   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53BKUwiBD58
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:37:44 PM by durfee4 »
Success only comes before Work in the dictionary

Offline belebuch

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Other
Re: IZ blocking drills.
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 08:56:55 PM »
Link?

Offline durfee4

• Platinum
  • Wing-T
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 09:39:01 PM »
Link?
Sorry,Bel, i fixed it,really like all his vids.

Offline defensewins

• Bronze
  • Coaching: College
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2013, 10:13:28 PM »
I thought it was quality stuff, especially for that level.  We don't teach IZ that way.  So, outside of doing board/feet drills and combo drills, not much applies to how we do business on IZ.

And just speaking generally, I would make sure that I am the absolute best IZ OL coach in the country AND had some serious OL talent before I would install the "philly" combo at the HS or youth levels. 

And, I don't mean that in a way where they are doing it the wrong way and we are doing it the right way.  Not at all...It appeared obvious to me that OZ is their bread and butter play...the play where they are going to run when it is nut cutting time and the play that they hang their hat on.  And if that is the case, teaching IZ the way they do makes a lot of sense. 

Offline durfee4

• Platinum
  • Wing-T
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 10:23:43 PM »
I thought it was quality stuff, especially for that level.  We don't teach IZ that way.  So, outside of doing board/feet drills and combo drills, not much applies to how we do business on IZ.

And just speaking generally, I would make sure that I am the absolute best IZ OL coach in the country AND had some serious OL talent before I would install the "philly" combo at the HS or youth levels. 

And, I don't mean that in a way where they are doing it the wrong way and we are doing it the right way.  Not at all...It appeared obvious to me that OZ is their bread and butter play...the play where they are going to run when it is nut cutting time and the play that they hang their hat on.  And if that is the case, teaching IZ the way they do makes a lot of sense.
I really like his passion and getting the point accross ,not Pendry but the concept is there.Sorry for the mis-hap.