Author Topic: Game Video  (Read 31360 times)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Other
Game Video
« on: May 29, 2013, 11:25:53 PM »
As I have time I will post more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ab4WPnyjvs

2009 6th Grade POP vs MIS.

Jack
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:07:08 PM by coachgregory »
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline Coach_O

• Gold
    • Helmet Decals
  • Defense: 46
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Coordinator
Re: Game Video
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:47:36 PM »
Coach around 8 eagle formation what looked like pistol option. Can I get that play diagramed and the series that goes with it?

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 07:50:38 AM »
Coach around 8 eagle formation what looked like pistol option. Can I get that play diagramed and the series that goes with it?

That was a speed audible.

We had a pass play called so you see the pass protection set but the audible is only for QB and RB.  Any S word alerts the QB/RB to run speed option to the RB near side.  I suspected that the DE would come down hard inside for the pass rush and he did.  The OLB came down and played the QB instead of the RB and it allowed the QB to make a clean pitch read on him. 

Jack
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 02:00:44 PM by coachgregory »

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:32:08 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:07:35 PM by coachgregory »

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 10:55:40 PM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:07:57 PM by coachgregory »

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »
Thanks Coach Gregory,
Really cool!

I must say, the defense is RED HOT  :P
There were also less Power/Wedge than I would have expected.
Loved to see the SHIFT formation in action.

Thanks again for sharing.
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline searider86

• Bronze
  • I wasn't hired for my disposition.
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 12:42:22 AM »
In the first video, did you switch to an odd defensive front at midpoint of the video?  I can't seem to find the backside DE.
"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

Vince Lombardi

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 03:01:20 AM »
Thanks for sharing Jack.  By chance, can you post a game in which you struggled or even lost?  I learn much better from those games. 
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 06:52:45 AM »
Thanks for sharing Jack.  By chance, can you post a game in which you struggled or even lost?  I learn much better from those games.
Well Coach, this ain't promotional video. These are full games, with a few fumbles, bad snaps, missed assignments, missed tackles, once 4 downs inside the 10 with no TD, real games. This is what I like to watch the most. I hate highlights.

While they did win them all by a wide margin, I thought there was one where the opposing team was giving them trouble on offense, and the reason they were in was that their D was dominant, and they had a few long plays. Not many long drives in that one (I believe it's the second game, but I'm not sure now).

If you are looking for a game where they struggled on defense, you won't find in those three. They were simply DOMINANT. What, 1 TD in three games and that came late when the game was already over ?

Nice :)

One question for Coach Gregory. Were you the OC ? (Or more to the point, were you calling the plays?)

Thanks,

Luc
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2013, 06:58:40 AM »
Thanks Coach Gregory,
Really cool!

I must say, the defense is RED HOT  :P
There were also less Power/Wedge than I would have expected.
Loved to see the SHIFT formation in action.

Thanks again for sharing.

These are games where it was over by half time...so with either turned it into a practice or cycled in all of our backups.  STP game we had a lot of our backups in at the start of second half.    About half of our plays are POWER/POWER SWEEP/POWER PASS or WEDGE but we also worked on plays we wanted to experiment wtih our get reps with.

I will add more games as I get them off my storage drives.

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 07:04:52 AM »
In the first video, did you switch to an odd defensive front at midpoint of the video?  I can't seem to find the backside DE.

We have a X man rule that states at 6th if you are over 110 you have to play with your hand down and within handshade distance of the TE/OT.  I had a very dominent DE who could play the hunter tech so we opted to play him so if you look #40 is our DE on that side.  We had to really work on him playing it correctly because he could get take a bad angle and get caught inside thankfully he was athletic enough and had great instincts to overcome this issue.  We would move him to NT when we moved into a 50 front at times as well.  In the 5th grade films he was our MIKE as he was under weight.

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 07:05:57 AM »

I have a few as I get to them I will post them...we didn't lose very many games.

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2013, 07:32:18 AM »
Well Coach, this ain't promotional video. These are full games, with a few fumbles, bad snaps, missed assignments, missed tackles, once 4 downs inside the 10 with no TD, real games. This is what I like to watch the most. I hate highlights.

While they did win them all by a wide margin, I thought there was one where the opposing team was giving them trouble on offense, and the reason they were in was that their D was dominant, and they had a few long plays. Not many long drives in that one (I believe it's the second game, but I'm not sure now).

If you are looking for a game where they struggled on defense, you won't find in those three. They were simply DOMINANT. What, 1 TD in three games and that came late when the game was already over ?

Nice :)

One question for Coach Gregory. Were you the OC ? (Or more to the point, were you calling the plays?)

Thanks,

Luc

I split play calling and you can probably tell when I was calling plays...my OC was my polar opposite but I liked having him call series because I could watch the entire defense and how they would sub players in and out.  If we got into blow outs I would let him call more series as well and essentially turn the game into a practice to get reps on plays we wanted to work on.

Jack

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2013, 11:48:25 AM »
I have a few as I get to them I will post them...we didn't lose very many games.

Jack

I understand.  For me, i just learn way more from the games where i struggle.  I might spend an hour breaking down tape of a 30-0 win . But i'll spend a week on a 35-28 loss.  When stuff works, i know exactly why.  When you draw stuff up, and put it in the gameplan, you do it w/ the assumption that it will work.  So theres not a lot to learn when things go as you drew them up.  It's when they don't go as planned that the most info can be gathered.

Thanks bud.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 12:01:29 PM »
Jack

Watched the first game and it took me two series to figure out who I was supposed to be rooting for !

Here I am looking for the DTDW.  :)

Very nice looking team. Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to watch the others.
What is beautiful, lives forever.