Author Topic: Game Video  (Read 31361 times)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Other
Re: Game Video
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 12:39:11 PM »
Jack

Watched the first game and it took me two series to figure out who I was supposed to be rooting for !

Here I am looking for the DTDW.  :)

Very nice looking team. Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to watch the others.

We were DS for about 85% of what we did...there are games where we went DTDW a lot more but more often than not we were SHIFT/STAR/EAGLE.

In 2010 we use a lot of PRO SET with a WING as well...As I find games I will load them... 
Jack
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline searider86

• Bronze
  • I wasn't hired for my disposition.
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
Your WB looks like he is wider than an arms length ( 1 yard ) off of TE's hip.  Is this by design?
"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

Vince Lombardi

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 03:32:19 PM »
Your WB looks like he is wider than an arms length ( 1 yard ) off of TE's hip.  Is this by design?

Yes..we let him split wider if it helps with his role.  We leave it up to him on a play by play basis....both of our starters were smart enough to do that.

Often it was to clear the trash to get to the FBI or to bait the DE to go inside for the POWER SWEEP.

Jack

Offline searider86

• Bronze
  • I wasn't hired for my disposition.
  • Defense: Undecided
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2013, 03:48:10 PM »
YDW 2009 STP 6th Grade

Your FB kick play at the 1:44 mark was a thing of beauty.  I love how he paused crouched down and waited for the pullers to clear.
"Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority."

Vince Lombardi

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
These are games where it was over by half time...so with either turned it into a practice or cycled in all of our backups.  STP game we had a lot of our backups in at the start of second half.    About half of our plays are POWER/POWER SWEEP/POWER PASS or WEDGE but we also worked on plays we wanted to experiment wtih our get reps with.
Coach, it must be my over exposure to DTDW teams, but 50% POWER/SWEEP/POWER PASS/WEDGE is at least 25% lower than what I'm used to. That also mean that you have DOUBLE the number of non-power based plays (25% -> 50%).

I'm not complaining, this is actually what I was expecting, still, it looks so much more "multiple", to give it a name/style.

I will add more games as I get them off my storage drives.
Jack
Just watched the fourth one. When you sub on offense you keep your O-Line right ? I mean you don't have two groups of kids who can TKO like that?

Please keep it coming, it is MUCH appreciated (and fun to watch).
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 10:59:19 PM »
I split play calling and you can probably tell when I was calling plays...my OC was my polar opposite but I liked having him call series because I could watch the entire defense and how they would sub players in and out.  If we got into blow outs I would let him call more series as well and essentially turn the game into a practice to get reps on plays we wanted to work on.
Jack
My guess would be you are Jack Shift, and he is Eagle Joe.

Just watched game #4 with my son. That D of yours Sir, gives quite a show. It's not just the pressure, but the pursuit is also there when they break out, and do your kids know how to tackle. Nice Coach, real nice.
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2013, 08:03:45 AM »
Coach, it must be my over exposure to DTDW teams, but 50% POWER/SWEEP/POWER PASS/WEDGE is at least 25% lower than what I'm used to. That also mean that you have DOUBLE the number of non-power based plays (25% -> 50%).

I'm not complaining, this is actually what I was expecting, still, it looks so much more "multiple", to give it a name/style.
Just watched the fourth one. When you sub on offense you keep your O-Line right ? I mean you don't have two groups of kids who can TKO like that?

Please keep it coming, it is MUCH appreciated (and fun to watch).

These games are blow outs and we had control of the games real quick.  The MIS 6th Grade game was our second round play off game and we were being scouted pretty heavily so once we got the game in control we went to working on a lot of eagle stuff so we wouldn't show our next opponent anything of value (who had their entire coaching staff sitting right behind us in our stands).  I will get the Championship game that followed up next...in that game we ran the ball a lot and a good deal of it was POWER/POWER SWEEP/POWER PASS/WEDGE and ISO.  Because we ran the power plays really well once we got rolling against these teams we could score quickly so we just started working on things that we didn't execute well...  In the STP game for example our fourth string WB who was afraid of contact but fast as lightening scored his first TD on a power sweep play with another back up WB and a backup QB and most of the WALL side subbed.  Once he breached the first level and turned on the gas he was gone...  not something we expected as he would always run the ball out once he saw pursuit coming in practice. That game really helped his confidence as a player and a ball carrier.

Actually in these films we had a lot of backups in...including the line.

Bear in mind we have a WALL and PULL side so it makes life a lot easier for us. 

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2013, 08:23:46 AM »
2009 STJ 6th Grade

Another blow out but there is some great footage of the defense and of our offense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_oQ4L_KqiY&feature=youtu.be

Jack
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:05:41 PM by coachgregory »

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2013, 11:47:05 AM »
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:06:03 PM by coachgregory »

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2013, 12:37:35 PM »
YDW 2008 STM 2nd round Play offs

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPQnWR_-Ibc&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Jack

Man, right after they found a soft spot in the D, they went away from it on the next drive.  Started running all that toss crap.  Once your realized they couldn't throw worth a damn, you started loading the box & shut down the FB dive & off tackle. 

Good stuff.  Cant believe that third drive for them though.  They march down the field on FB dive & Off tackle, then they come back the next drive and do a bunch of nonsense. 
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2013, 04:05:33 PM »
Man, right after they found a soft spot in the D, they went away from it on the next drive.  Started running all that toss crap.  Once your realized they couldn't throw worth a damn, you started loading the box & shut down the FB dive & off tackle. 

Good stuff.  Cant believe that third drive for them though.  They march down the field on FB dive & Off tackle, then they come back the next drive and do a bunch of nonsense.

They tried a lot during the game but we did a better job of filling the C gap.  The other thing we did was SHIFT our line a few times to their strong side as we noticed the FB DIVE/BLAST was always going strong.

STM is a very good football program they just got out their comfort zone as an offense once we started to get ahead and as the 2nd half started to come to an end they started to feel pressure to get points on the board.

Jack

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 04:26:30 PM »
They tried a lot during the game but we did a better job of filling the C gap.  The other thing we did was SHIFT our line a few times to their strong side as we noticed the FB DIVE/BLAST was always going strong.

STM is a very good football program they just got out their comfort zone as an offense once we started to get ahead and as the 2nd half started to come to an end they started to feel pressure to get points on the board.

Jack

Jack

Loved that game. Seems your 2 minute O late in the first half broke their Spirit. That was one mean Divide that opponent ran and one slippery TB.

Question...you play NCAA rules...can you return a blocked PAT for points? Seems like both teams were trying after a block. We cant ( NFHS).

Thanks for sharing !

What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »
Jack

Loved that game. Seems your 2 minute O late in the first half broke their Spirit. That was one mean Divide that opponent ran and one slippery TB.

Question...you play NCAA rules...can you return a blocked PAT for points? Seems like both teams were trying after a block. We cant ( NFHS).

Thanks for sharing !

Yes we can for 2 points.

They had a really nice power running game.  I respected their coaching staff a great deal.  Once we locked down their passing game it gave us al lot more options in how we wanted to stop that run game.

Jack

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »

Jack

Ya, common mistake.  Theh were only down 1 score on the 3rd drive.  No need to panic. 

Did you go into that game knowing that they had no pass game?  That game is a perfect example of how not being able to pass at all can reallly hurt your offense.  Considering all the pass fakes their QB made, i thought for sure they could throw.  But man, their QB couldn't throw a lick.  Nice shifty runner though. 

It was also a good example of how a grab bag i formation can run out of answers really quick.  By my count they ran maybe 5 plays.  Dive, off tackle, toss, counter, and maybe a blast.  I'm not going to even count the pass plays, as they were just window dressing.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2013, 09:51:12 PM »
YDW 2009 6th Grade STR Championship Game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxYbA0Ofsug&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 04:06:41 PM by coachgregory »