Author Topic: Game Video  (Read 31352 times)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Other
Re: Game Video
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:54 PM »
Still shows private for me.

I will try and get it all loaded up..good and bad.  I just found some games we lost in 2008 and 2009 so I will get those loaded up here shortly as well.  Lots of issues in those games that required us to get fixed so you can see the all the ugly.  I am not a big fan of highlights I would rather show entire game film so you can see everything...  I do that at clinics as well because I think it gives you a better perspective of what is going on...

Hope it is useful for everyone.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 09:42:58 PM by coachgregory »
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2013, 10:31:22 PM »
Jack, was that the same team that kept moving up w/ you?  Your star player in this last game looked the same build as the star in the last one.  Man that kid is good.  Big and really fast!

The other team was a grab bag extrodinare.  It was funny, cuz i was syaing to myself, if i was them, i'd have that number 5 kid at RB.  Then the next series they put him there.  That kid was really good, just not a very good game plan and the line play for them was not good...

Once again, another example of why you cut wedge.

Also exhibit A & B why onside kick is the way to go.  1st time u kick deep and they almost score.  Second time u onside kick and get the ball.

Did you ever consider diving a back on your option?  Seemed like it started to not work because it was easily identifiable.  I guess you would have had to be in the pistol to use a dive back.

Anyhow, this is good stuff. 
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »
Mahonz, I always watch games in slow-mo. Sometimes, I will slow a play to 10% of real spead (especially when watching the O-Line).
But I must say that watching a pre-cut game like this all at 50% is very enjoyable, and I find myself going back less often than real speed. In the end, it's probably faster than watching everything full speed, then going back and watching in slow-mo.
You can probably use VNC-viewer to watch your whole game at 50% (or 40%, or 75% or whatever you prefer).

I'll try 50% (or maybe 40%) as a first speed just to see if I actually save time in the end, I believe I will.

Thanks Coach Gregory. Nice trick.

L

I do watch film in slow mo but from my camera thru the TV. Once uploaded to my computer I didnt know you could actually produce the film at variable speeds. I kinda poked around my software and didn't see this function. The software was bundled with my camera.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2013, 06:22:23 AM »
I do watch film in slow mo but from my camera thru the TV. Once uploaded to my computer I didnt know you could actually produce the film at variable speeds. I kinda poked around my software and didn't see this function. The software was bundled with my camera.
Mahonz, you might want to use this software (free download -- safe no virus) for your viewing pleasure.
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/
There is a version for Windows and Mac (and even Linux), and it has many goodies that you will come to love.
One of them is in the "Playback" menu, an option to change the speed.
Very nice, and can play most of the formats out there.
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2013, 06:24:43 AM »
I'll try 50% (or maybe 40%) as a first speed just to see if I actually save time in the end, I believe I will.
Just watched one of our games from last year at 50%. Impressive what you see without having to go back.
Great time saver. Learned a new trick :)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 06:28:11 AM by coachluc »
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
Jack, was that the same team that kept moving up w/ you?  Your star player in this last game looked the same build as the star in the last one.  Man that kid is good.  Big and really fast!

The other team was a grab bag extrodinare.  It was funny, cuz i was syaing to myself, if i was them, i'd have that number 5 kid at RB.  Then the next series they put him there.  That kid was really good, just not a very good game plan and the line play for them was not good...

Also exhibit A & B why onside kick is the way to go.  1st time u kick deep and they almost score.  Second time u onside kick and get the ball.

Did you ever consider diving a back on your option?  Seemed like it started to not work because it was easily identifiable.  I guess you would have had to be in the pistol to use a dive back.

All we run is speed option...when we want to dive we call an interior play.  Option for us is our QB SWEEP so if we want to start attacking outside we can call POWER SWEEP and POWER SPEED to keep the defense from pinning their ears back and coming right at our WB.  It is a complimentary play we just happened to us a lot. We ended up calling power more and more as we saw those linemen wear down.

I think the hard part about having linemen cut is if they do they then really give up any pass rush or ability to support the edge/perimeter.  Againts a normal DW I guess it might work but as soon as I see cutters I am going to throw and go outside...   We should have used counter game a little it would have helped us.

Jack

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2013, 07:54:18 AM »
YDW 2011 BD 8th Grade.
Very athletic team with some very good linemen and a lot of speed at backs and receivers.  Was a real challange to contain the QB and TB who were both very fast and slippery.
Fun game.
Yea, their D-Line was quite a mouthful too. Good game, fun to watch.
Thanks for sharing.

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2013, 11:27:05 AM »

All we run is speed option...when we want to dive we call an interior play.  Option for us is our QB SWEEP so if we want to start attacking outside we can call POWER SWEEP and POWER SPEED to keep the defense from pinning their ears back and coming right at our WB.  It is a complimentary play we just happened to us a lot. We ended up calling power more and more as we saw those linemen wear down.

I think the hard part about having linemen cut is if they do they then really give up any pass rush or ability to support the edge/perimeter.  Againts a normal DW I guess it might work but as soon as I see cutters I am going to throw and go outside...   We should have used counter game a little it would have helped us.

Jack

Jack,

It is true that you give up some interior pass rush, but i don't really rely on my interior line to get to the QB.  Especially considering most youth pass plays are rollouts.  I also don't use them to stop outside runs. 

Your wedge play in every game i have watched, has really gouged teams.  And it's really disheartening.  I would much rather know that i have that take care of, and know it's one less thing to worry about.  You run wedge enough and are good enough at it, that i would need to make sure that gets shutdown.  Otherwise, were screwed!  Thats a guaranteed 4-5 yards.  Your gonna run it every time you need a few yards if were not cutting.   

By the way, was this the same team moving up?  They players look very similar.

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »

I started coaching that team in the 5th...so it was the same team.

Jack

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2013, 12:16:17 PM »
I started coaching that team in the 5th...so it was the same team.

Jack

I thought so.  Great mix of players.  That one kid is just a load.  Sure is a beautiful thing when a group of kids stays together for a number of years.

I usually only coach kids for one year, as i stay at one level.  But my youngest son (4) is coming up.  So maybe i'll go the whole way w/ him.  He was the youngest kid in tee ball this year and he had a blast.  So i think he's going to really love sports.  And he's always asking about playing football.

Offline CoachJohn

• Gold
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: DC Wing T
  • Title: Administration
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2013, 10:24:55 PM »
YDW 2009 STP 6th Grade

Jack,
 I have a question.  In this video I seen some of your down linemen with their arms extended backwards and palms up.  Is that something you teach for a lower pad level? or a balanced low stance?
"One who gains strength by overcoming obstacles possesses the only strength which can overcome adversity." - Albert Schweitzer

Offline Yankee Charlie

• Gold
  • If you don't know me by now...
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2013, 11:20:53 PM »
Great stuff Jack!  Thank you.

What would be interesting would be to have you break down a series.  What did you see, why did you call that play(
"A boy comes to me with a spark of interest and it becomes a flame. I feed the flame and it becomes fire, I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze" - Cus D'Amato, 1908-1985

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2013, 11:55:11 PM »
Jack,
 I have a question.  In this video I seen some of your down linemen with their arms extended backwards and palms up.  Is that something you teach for a lower pad level? or a balanced low stance?

We did it with specific kids to get them to take a good low charging step...  It helps like a sprinter throwing his opposite arm as he drive off his backside foot.  .

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2013, 04:00:44 PM »
Here is another video from 2011...verses St. Patrick.  It was not a well executed game in my opinion.  We totaled more penalties in that game then we had in total the past three years...and I was not happy with our execution on offense and defense and I thought we went to our star player well way to much....  We only had 15 players that game due to a few players being sick and one recovering from a near fatal sking accident that almost cost him his leg.   We did use a lot of DOUBLE ISO, SPEED off of ISO action and a good deal of POWER/POWER SWEEP/POWER PASS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH8nJbADnws&feature=youtu.be

Jack

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2013, 10:51:02 PM »
Coach Gregory,

somehow, that last game doesn't load for me (the rest are fine).
Not sure why (or if anybody else can see it).

Luc