Author Topic: 2nd Annual YDW Clinic/1st Annual 63 Defense Clinic - Allen TX 6/21/14-6/22/14  (Read 5212 times)

Offline CoachLeoBarwela

• Copper
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
Hey Jack are you going to record this Clinic and put it up on the web? I cant make it out.

Leo

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Title: Other
Hey Jack are you going to record this Clinic and put it up on the web? I cant make it out.

Leo

Leo,

I will try and get it filmed.  Funny story...the first one I did for the YDW I had planned on filming it.  I got to talking, got into the presentations and realized I had not turned on the camera...  I am really bad about that...I start presenting and focus on what I am talking about and answering questions and that is it.  I will see if one of the guys will check the camera and swap out media for me.

Jack
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline Coachwells

• Copper
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
Counting off the days on the calendar. I'll be there around 9PM Saturday. I cannot get away from work on Saturday to be there Saturday morning.

Jack, I would appreciate it if you had your defensive fundamentals DVD on hand. I would like to purchase those at the clinic if you don't mind.

I look forward to seeing everyone along with a few coaches I haven't met through the Symposium.

Freddy Wells
Mounds, OK
Beggs Demons
1st/2nd Grade Head Coach
Coaching whistle.... $5 bucks
Homemade blocking sled for bobbleheads.... $200 bucks
Running Power down a defenses throat and watching the opposing defensive coordinator have a meltdown.... PRICELESS

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
Counting off the days on the calendar. I'll be there around 9PM Saturday. I cannot get away from work on Saturday to be there Saturday morning.

Jack, I would appreciate it if you had your defensive fundamentals DVD on hand. I would like to purchase those at the clinic if you don't mind.

I look forward to seeing everyone along with a few coaches I haven't met through the Symposium.

Freddy Wells
Mounds, OK
Beggs Demons
1st/2nd Grade Head Coach

Had a great weekend Freddy.  It was good seeing you again. 

Jack

Offline Coachwells

• Copper
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
Thank Jack.

I really enjoyed the clinic especially some of the drills we discussed.

Now, I think I'm armed with enough knowledge to be dangerous this season lol :)

One more thing... pre-season player evaluations.

We went through a lot of drills you run the kids through to determine their natural athletic ability and as a general guideline of where to start placing players by position. I do not have any of those drills in my notes. Can you send me a list and/or overview of the drills you use to evaluate your players? I would appreciate that.
Coaching whistle.... $5 bucks
Homemade blocking sled for bobbleheads.... $200 bucks
Running Power down a defenses throat and watching the opposing defensive coordinator have a meltdown.... PRICELESS

Offline CoachLeoBarwela

• Copper
  • Defense: Other
We went through a lot of drills you run the kids through to determine their natural athletic ability and as a general guideline of where to start placing players by position. I do not have any of those drills in my notes. Can you send me a list and/or overview of the drills you use to evaluate your players? I would appreciate that.
[/quote]

I would also like that info as well please....

Leo

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
Thank Jack.

I really enjoyed the clinic especially some of the drills we discussed.

Now, I think I'm armed with enough knowledge to be dangerous this season lol :)

One more thing... pre-season player evaluations.

Freddy,

I just created a Player Eval thread with my notes.

Jack

Offline coachgregory

• Gold

I would also like that info as well please....

Leo

I just created a player eval thread and added an attachment. Let me know if that is what you are looking for.

Jack

Offline wmoor014

• Copper
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
Jack

Will any of the power points be available or even video to buy ? I really would like to know how are you using wedge nowadays?