Author Topic: Game Video  (Read 31371 times)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Other
Re: Game Video
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2013, 11:44:21 PM »
Coach Gregory,

somehow, that last game doesn't load for me (the rest are fine).
Not sure why (or if anybody else can see it).

Luc

Just checked it and it works fine for me.  I am in the process of loading up another game as I work on finishing up fixing the Training the Back Five PPT.

Jack
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline Luc

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2013, 11:53:14 PM »
Just checked it and it works fine for me.  I am in the process of loading up another game as I work on finishing up fixing the Training the Back Five PPT.

Jack
OK, ghost in the machine. Now it works fine, sorry about the noise.
Luc
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2013, 12:01:56 AM »
OK, ghost in the machine. Now it works fine, sorry about the noise.
Luc

Gotta love it when a hammer fixes things.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2013, 12:06:42 AM »
Gotta love it when a hammer fixes things.
Myself, I usually just scare them. You know what a computer looks like after falling from the fourth floor ?
Neither do I, but I have never met a computer that wanted to find out ;)
To be good you have to work hard. To be better, you have to work harder. To be great, you have to keep working when the good ones stop.

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2013, 09:14:35 AM »
Here is another video from 2011...verses St. Patrick.  It was not a well executed game in my opinion.  We totaled more penalties in that game then we had in total the past three years...and I was not happy with our execution on offense and defense and I thought we went to our star player well way to much....  We only had 15 players that game due to a few players being sick and one recovering from a near fatal sking accident that almost cost him his leg.   We did use a lot of DOUBLE ISO, SPEED off of ISO action and a good deal of POWER/POWER SWEEP/POWER PASS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH8nJbADnws&feature=youtu.be
Jack
Coach Gregory,
as usual, I love to see your teams play.
I don't like option as a rule for youth ball (seen more team hurt themselves than hurt their opponents), but your kids executed it VERY WELL.
How much practice time did it take to get it right ?
It certainly had big play potential for you in that game.

Thanks again for sharing.
Luc

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2013, 10:17:50 AM »
Coach Gregory,
as usual, I love to see your teams play.
I don't like option as a rule for youth ball (seen more team hurt themselves than hurt their opponents), but your kids executed it VERY WELL.
How much practice time did it take to get it right ?
It certainly had big play potential for you in that game.

Thanks again for sharing.
Luc

We spend 15 minutes installing it and about 5 minutes in BACKS repping it to both sides with our 1, 2, and any 3's.  So not much...it is much easier from gun.

Jack
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 10:32:40 AM by coachgregory »

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2013, 12:12:25 PM »
Here is the 2nd MIS GAME of the 2011 season.  This was a pretty tough game but we managed to win it.  We threw the ball a lot this game as they did a good job of sitting on top of our running game. 

Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etM1xR8u1Mc&feature=youtu.be

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #82 on: August 05, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
Here is the 2nd MIS GAME of the 2011 season.  This was a pretty tough game but we managed to win it.  We threw the ball a lot this game as they did a good job of sitting on top of our running game. 

Jack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etM1xR8u1Mc&feature=youtu.be

Fade Route Baby !

Is  there a second half? ....the first half starts over after halftime. Enjoy watching this slo mo video.

Thanks !

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #83 on: August 05, 2013, 02:35:50 PM »
Fade Route Baby !

Is  there a second half? ....the first half starts over after halftime. Enjoy watching this slo mo video.

Thanks !

Thats all one game.

That was actually our WHEEL CONCEPT- SE QUICK SLANT, SLOT WHEEL. 

Once we saw them stacking up on the run game...specifically the FS we went to the perimeter passing game...opened things back up for us :)

Jack

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #84 on: August 05, 2013, 03:12:55 PM »
Thats all one game.

That was actually our WHEEL CONCEPT- SE QUICK SLANT, SLOT WHEEL. 

Once we saw them stacking up on the run game...specifically the FS we went to the perimeter passing game...opened things back up for us :)

Jack

Jack

Cool...I will let it run then. I thought it was starting over.

Nice concept design !

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #85 on: August 05, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
Cool...I will let it run then. I thought it was starting over.
Mahonz, you were right. The first 18m30s are there twice. So for those of you who want to watch the whole game, either start at 18m30s, or if you watch the first 18 minutes, just skip to 37m00 to watch the end.
Luc

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #86 on: August 05, 2013, 09:46:58 PM »
Coach Gregory,
Just to get your opinion on that fourth TD.
That's a great play for the fans, but as a coach, I always hate to see a long pass in double coverage.
Don't get me wrong, great pass, great catch, but if I'm behind the bench, you better MAKE that completion if you're going to throw it, and even then, you will hear about it.

About that fifth TD (the interception), I believe I mentioned how much I LOVE to see your D play didn't I ? 8)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2013, 10:25:59 PM »
Coach Gregory,
Just to get your opinion on that fourth TD.
That's a great play for the fans, but as a coach, I always hate to see a long pass in double coverage.
Don't get me wrong, great pass, great catch, but if I'm behind the bench, you better MAKE that completion if you're going to throw it, and even then, you will hear about it.

About that fifth TD (the interception), I believe I mentioned how much I LOVE to see your D play didn't I ? 8)

Yep that drove me crazy but I know why he did it.  Dean, or RWB told him he could catch the deep pass so on that pass play he didn't read the concept he threw the ball to the deep route.  Dean caught it...  Stuff like that I don't get on the kids about because I feel if they want to take that risk they have been taught to do it as it is their team and taking calculated risks is part of the game and both of them agreed that it was worth it.  If he had forced the pass and it was simply him putting it down the field I would have gotten on him but that was a receiver and a passer communicating and I want that.

As a side note our coaching staff had a good relationship with MIS and the DC told us after the game they really keyed on our receivers and everytime they crossed the SAFETY would drop and play pass...which is true in the run game we either take the defender down field in MAN or in ZONE we stalk so it was a good adustment on their part and noted on my part :) 

I love what we do with our defense and honestly our kids bought into it 100% and played in it very well.

Jack

Offline Luc

• Silver
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2013, 09:39:51 PM »
Yep that drove me crazy but I know why he did it.  Dean, or RWB told him he could catch the deep pass so on that pass play he didn't read the concept he threw the ball to the deep route.  Dean caught it...  Stuff like that I don't get on the kids about because I feel if they want to take that risk they have been taught to do it as it is their team and taking calculated risks is part of the game and both of them agreed that it was worth it.  If he had forced the pass and it was simply him putting it down the field I would have gotten on him but that was a receiver and a passer communicating and I want that.
As usual when I read what you write Coach, I come out with more than just Xs and Os.
You are a VERY good teacher Sir.
Thank you.
Luc

Offline Bruceja

• Bronze
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2015, 10:50:05 AM »
http://www.hudl.com/team/100554/highlights/104684817

I posted this in the General Defense section but thought I would add it here as well. We ran Jacks 6-3 last year and did awesome! Thanks to Coach Gregory for all the information on this great Defense!

This is a middle school team