Author Topic: Great stuff on tonghts SKYPE. I love it when some one tells me I cant with Jack  (Read 11838 times)

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Other
Jack

This is from yesterday's practice, our C & LG Combo the slanting NG to the backside LB. This one went to the house.

Joe

That is the way we are teaching it.  IZ (drive) we drive vertically and OZ (stretch) we push it horizontal to create the lanes. 

Jack
Exsisto Fortis, Exsisto Validus

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
this question?

Well the last time I ran a pure spread was on 05/06 and I have learned a lot since then for one.  Also this team is really built to run spread and I really want to run a zone based offense again and this team is a good time to do so. We could run doublewing but I really think our offense for this team is spread.  So this basketball season I discovered five of our RB type kids are point guards on their respective teams and our entire line plays basketball and are athletic.   We are just built for it.

I have a QB that can run and throw as well as two RB now that I feel can really flourish on this scheme.  To top it off I have five kids that can catch passes consistently.   It just makes sense for us.    The way we will play it allows us to run a double TE and use the tightends a lot in the passing game.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 08:48:12 PM by coachgregory »

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Multiple
oh like the DC run n gun or run & shoot whatever its name

Offline coachgregory

• Gold
oh like the DC run n gun or run & shoot whatever its name

I have no idea.  Never looked at it but we plan on this developing into run/read and run pass read plays as they develop.

Jack

Offline morris

• Gold
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: Undecided
I've got to start remembering where I posted stuff.

Jack: really looking forward to the new 63 book and you passing game book.

I agree with tight splits it's pretty easy to determine if your covered or uncovered. Either a guy is in your frame or he isn't. Where I think it can get tricky is a gap defender in both inside and outside gap and kids getting locked.

I do know people that teach it where the inside guy on the double team is the only one looking for backer run throughs. It's like how Calande and some others do their double teams. On gap scheme plays the inside guy has eyes inside.

I might of complicated stuff in my head. I do like how Joe does it in the manner that everyone is on the same page.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
I've got to start remembering where I posted stuff.

J

Click on your own screen name...then click on show Posts...then start at Page 1. You can then right click on the Title Thread from there opening up a new window for every Thread that are you participating in.

Then close them all when done  leaving the Original Window open so that you can find another Thread to participate in.  :)
What is beautiful, lives forever.