Author Topic: Atlanta Glazier  (Read 44565 times)

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
Re: Atlanta Glazier
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2016, 08:08:15 PM »
Yao

Please give me a call, I pm'd you my number. A youth coach(a woman) is looking for a place to coach.

I really enjoyed meeting you, & am glad you did. If you ever need anything please call.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline WBCoach

• Copper
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #211 on: February 29, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »
I hate all of you guys for having such a great time. I was at the NJ glazier  clinic and was very disappointed in the speakers. There were a few good ones but overall it wasn't up to par with the last 6 years. I hate you
Team work: good as gold

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #212 on: February 29, 2016, 09:09:46 AM »
The thing with these clinics is that they are hit and miss with the subjects and speakers. If I find a good presenter I will often just stick with him regardless of the topic. I do that because you can always learn stuff from a good coach, regardless of what he is talking about. This clinic seemed like the RPO extravaganza. Everybody was speaking about it. Very little oline stuff which is what I was interested in. Joe and I watched an RPO presenter who had some very solid scheme stuff but the film showed that the technique of his players was poor. That is the type of thing I look for in presenters, good communication skills, solid knowledge of scheme and tech, but also proof that you can teach it. I sat in on Joe's first session on rpo's because nothing else at the time interested me. I know Joe is a great coach so even though I will not be installing rpos with my youth team I know I can get something from Joe. Great presentation and his film backed up what he was presenting. His players know the scheme and the fundies are spot on. I went to his second session, same thing. I ended up sitting in on all of his sessions, even his youth ones even though I rarely go to a youth topic.

Joe may not of realized it but he was the talk of the clinic. Every time I turned around somebody was talking about that guy Coach Joe from LM. No kidding. I already thanked Joe but I want to do it publicly as well for inviting me to drive on up to Atlanta with him. I had a great time, learned a bunch, got to hang out with some great people from the board(Potter and Yao it was great meeting you both in person finally - Dave, thanks again for dinner, I got you next time), ate some great food and a crappy but entertaining lunch with Yao, Joe and a young coach from the clinic, and drank a few beers(maybe more than a few) with some coaches from all over. What more could you ask for in a weekend. Maybe a little less driving but that is it.

Online CoachDP

• Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #213 on: February 29, 2016, 12:25:43 PM »
The clinic itself was lackluster.  Conference rooms too cold, clinic on more than one floor spread out all over the place and some flat out poor presenters (how did they get these gigs?)  But meeting Joe, Rob and Yao more than made up for it.  In addition, I sat in on two of Joe's clinics and took more from his two than the other presenters combined.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
« Reply #214 on: February 29, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
Rob

You are always welcome at my home or anywhere I am speaking. I thank you for for joining me. A special thanks for driving.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
« Reply #215 on: February 29, 2016, 05:34:27 PM »
DP

It really was great to finally meet. I am glad you liked my presentations, being honest because of HUDL video I thought my HS sessions were better. The hotel set up wasn't ideal & not what is the norm at a Glazier especially ATL. I only saw a couple of presenters, on Friday. So, I really can't comment.

Most of the coaches we met were great, & I guess I always doubt just how my presentations actually go.

Joe
Bill Walsh

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #216 on: February 29, 2016, 07:21:00 PM »
The hotel was like stepping through a wardrobe door into Narnia. Everybody was walking around wondering where everything was. One point on Saturday morning I did not know where my room was, my truck was in some sort of space time warp, Joe's presentation room was floating around in hyperspace with the Starship Enterprise and I had no idea even what floor I was on. Heck, half the floors didn't even have numbers, just letters. Oh, and the place had no stairs. Just elevators that consistently ding dinged because too many of us fat ass coaches were on board. Well, it had stairs but once you stepped into the stair well you were locked out of the building. It was like walking around in the hotel in the Shining. Everything looked the same. At one point I was wondering if I was trapped in some weird Twilight Zone episode or Candid Camera. Not exaggerating, the place was a maze.

Online CoachDP

• Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #217 on: March 01, 2016, 07:18:03 AM »
Not exaggerating, the place was a maze.

^ This.

I had to leave breadcrumbs just to get back to my room.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline davecisar

• Platinum
    • Winning Youth Football Coaching Site
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2016, 05:51:19 AM »
Ive sat in on several of Joe's presentations
Top notch no doubt  ;D
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Winston Churchill

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
« Reply #219 on: March 03, 2016, 07:48:22 AM »
DC

Thanks for the kudo's, I always enjoy your sessions as well as learn some good things.

Joe
Bill Walsh