Author Topic: ohhhh no Im getting that familiar "here we go again" feeling  (Read 5223 times)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Retired
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
  • Offense: Multiple
Re: ohhhh no Im getting that familiar "here we go again" feeling
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2016, 11:02:13 AM »
It sounds to me that the header is not communicating with his assistants. How can a header have his oline coach installing power I IOL rules when he wants to be running zone? How can the header hire a guy who doesn't know zone if he wants to run zone? Youth zone coaches are few and far between. I would make sure I had an oline coach that can coach zone before I decided to run zone. Seems illogical not to to me.

bells ringing, touching my nose and pointing at you....you are right...winner winner chicken dinner COMPLETE LACK OF COMMUNICATION

MH is also correct A) I again find myself with a new coaching staff that doesn't have its ducks in a row. and B) MH is also correct that the HC SHOULDA had maybe a meeting, maybe just 1 fugin conversation with the OC & his O line coach...maybe just 1

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2016, 11:40:40 AM »
this is a group of coaches that have coached on and off with eachother for many years. Problem is, non of these years included zone or HS football, all those years were at youth level no older than 12 year olds. I have no idea how OC and o-line coach are not on same page, that lack of communication just boggles yours and my mind.

he is teaching power shoulder blocking, I had to pull Oline coach aside at water break and remind him ..as far as I knew, we are not a shoulder blocking team, we use our hands, blocking with zone, you know the hand n footwork we were watching varsity do. He relied .."oh yah but we still need to block down and kick out with a FB or pulling guard"

what do you say to that???? HEEEEELPPP!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2016, 11:44:55 AM »
this is a group of coaches that have coached on and off with eachother for many years. Problem is, non of these years included zone or HS football, all those years were at youth level no older than 12 year olds. I have no idea how OC and o-line coach are not on same page, that lack of communication just boggles yours and my mind.

he is teaching power shoulder blocking, I had to pull Oline coach aside at water break and remind him ..as far as I knew, we are not a shoulder blocking team, we use our hands, blocking with zone, you know the hand n footwork we were watching varsity do. He relied .."oh yah but we still need to block down and kick out with a FB or pulling guard"

what do you say to that???? HEEEEELPPP!

Pull him down and kick him out !
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2016, 11:56:33 AM »
hes a nice guy...but like the entry caption read........here we go again

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2016, 02:29:50 PM »
O

What you need to do is simply ask what are we running, & what is the blocking scheme. Otherwise this sounds like the typical Youth Football cluster*%^&.

Joe

This is and has been my role for the last 3 years. Very frustrating.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2016, 03:58:15 PM »
Three years? Obviously, you enjoy it.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2016, 05:01:36 PM »
Three years? Obviously, you enjoy it.
I enjoy teaching and hanging with the kids. I am ready when my turn comes.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2016, 11:01:16 AM »
Im standing on the sidelines, next to a very good FB/TE, I know because he was one last year, but that was with different coaching staff. This young man is 189 and 5 9", hard runner, strong, good blocker, very good speed for a FB type runner and can catch.

On the field Im watching our un-aggressive starting FB/TE miss blocks, get beaten, driven back, thrown aside on no less than 4 plays in 1st half alone, 2 were drive killers.

DID I MENTION THE KID GETTING MANHANDLED IS THE SON OF.....DRUM ROLL  PLEASE.....THE OC!?

In order for him to justify having his son starting he needs to cover for him, and this covering takes shape in the blaming of mistakes on other players. IM WATCHING FILM WITH THE COACHES, HIS SON CLEARLY DOESN'T MAKE A BLOCK, HE BL AIMS THE O LINE. He has control of the video player, I said "no no the tackle made his block, the FB missed his"...HIS RESPONSE WAS to ignore me and say "on to the next play" and then started talking about next play.

The ironic part is, this coaching staff makes fun of and talks about daddy ballers they have played in the past....UUMMM TAKE A BIG WIFF!

SO NOW IM LOOKING AROUND BACK N FORTH, BEHIND BUSHES FOR HIDDEN CAMERAS...AM I ON THAT PUNKED SHOW

OC

Offline jrk5150

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2016, 11:19:23 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, you just missed a great opportunity to fix it or get out.

You shouldn't have let that film moment go.  I'd have said whoa, hang on, is this how it's going to go?  Are you going to just ignore your son's mistakes?  Are we doing a daddy ball thing?  Because if so, I'm out of here.  You shouldn't be coaching or in charge of position placement for your own son, and he shouldn't be starting over so and so.  If we're going to do it this way, I'm out.

So as far as I'm concerned, whatever else happens to you this year is on you.  You had your chance to make a stand and/or walk.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2016, 11:21:41 AM »
EVERYONE gets what they want. And he wants this.

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2016, 11:38:47 AM »
As far as I'm concerned, you just missed a great opportunity to fix it or get out.

You shouldn't have let that film moment go.  I'd have said whoa, hang on, is this how it's going to go?  Are you going to just ignore your son's mistakes?  Are we doing a daddy ball thing?  Because if so, I'm out of here.  You shouldn't be coaching or in charge of position placement for your own son, and he shouldn't be starting over so and so.  If we're going to do it this way, I'm out.

So as far as I'm concerned, whatever else happens to you this year is on you.  You had your chance to make a stand and/or walk.

No I dont want this, its easy to be uncompromising or cut n dry when reading this stuff, and emotionally I agree with you, screw this daddy baller. BUT I will never have to coach with these guys again and if I walk, I will never coach at this HS again. So take this into consideration.

As is film dont lie, Im not the only coach that saw this, if his kid stays there, I just cant imagine that could happen, he sucks at this position.

So I point things out defend my offensive line talk to coaches about the "better FB" and thats my 2 cents

Offline durfee4

• Platinum
  • Wing-T
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2016, 08:06:31 PM »
OCD, what is your role on the staff ?
Success only comes before Work in the dictionary

Offline Monster

• Silver
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Offense: I Formation
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2016, 09:22:26 AM »

No I dont want this, its easy to be uncompromising or cut n dry when reading this stuff, and emotionally I agree with you, screw this daddy baller. BUT I will never have to coach with these guys again and if I walk, I will never coach at this HS again. So take this into consideration.

As is film dont lie, Im not the only coach that saw this, if his kid stays there, I just cant imagine that could happen, he sucks at this position.

So I point things out defend my offensive line talk to coaches about the "better FB" and thats my 2 cents

OCD, are you certain that you will want to coach at that HS again?
Mission Statement:
To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.