Author Topic: ohhhh no Im getting that familiar "here we go again" feeling  (Read 5232 times)

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Multiple
Re: ohhhh no Im getting that familiar "here we go again" feeling
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2016, 11:25:55 AM »
I am asst coach

Offline durfee4

• Platinum
  • Wing-T
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2016, 08:14:51 PM »

So as far as I'm concerned, whatever else happens to you this year is on you.  You had your chance to make a stand and/or walk.
    This^^^^,  I would never be speechless to speak my mind to any coach,if I felt something just is not right or ask a question if I was not sure of something .It is something we do before practice ,during a water break ,and after practice on the 50 yrd line, it,s called communications, oh and after hours -phone call.
Success only comes before Work in the dictionary

Offline CoachOCD

• Gold
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2016, 01:12:43 PM »
well good and bad news, got the kid we (other line coach and I) wanted, he didn't make blocks in the beginning because nobody showed him yet, the OC was quick to say "see look". Really weird like its as if he thinks we cant see and hear daddy ballin??? The other line coach and I speak up and get the kid blocking right...perfect, the plays are 2x better, an immediate impact, he is just a better blocker period!

the OC calls for pass, its a pass option, just so happens the QB threw to the new kid, he promptly dropped it, turning his head upfield before securing the ball. Now the OCs kid is a better receiver type but only by a small margin...where this kid is drastically superior at blocking.