Author Topic: Pop Warner SE Regional Champs!  (Read 26282 times)

Offline canepb

• Copper
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Head Coach
Pop Warner SE Regional Champs!
« on: November 28, 2017, 09:07:24 AM »
We did it!  We’re going to Disney World!  12-0!  Won our Region championship 32-14 against a tough Orlando team that had Edgerrin James’s son at QB and a slew of athletes to compliment him.  They ran through last year’s Regional Champ 38-8.

I’m so excited for our kids and program!  It’s the first time in our program’s history we had a team qualify for the Pop Warner Super Bowl!  We play the Redwood City 49ers (Peewee)first.  Anyone know where I can get film on them?

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Coordinator
Re: Pop Warner SE Regional Champs!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:23:57 AM »
Congratulations coach. I was watching the bracket show last night and I think you guys got one of the more favorable draws of all the Florida teams. I know one of the coaches of the Westchase Colts got film on the team they are playing so he might have a hook up for nationals film. He did say it was pricy though. You can contact him through Facebook.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 10:56:26 AM »
Canepb coaches in the same conference as I did. He runs maybe the best association in our conference. If I was to coach again in our conference it would probably only be for his association. They made a pretty good run last year. Their offense is much improved from last years. I think he has a legit shot to win. Who knows what else is out there. No big time PW names in his bracket outside of UR. I think that is a plus.

As far as the draw goes, well having Union Road in your half of the bracket is not a positive. I heard Coach Melton is back at UR. Not sure if that is true.

Offline DREagle

• Bronze
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
Congrats and good luck!

Offline canepb

• Copper
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 01:25:45 PM »
Canepb coaches in the same conference as I did. He runs maybe the best association in our conference. If I was to coach again in our conference it would probably only be for his association. They made a pretty good run last year. Their offense is much improved from last years. I think he has a legit shot to win. Who knows what else is out there. No big time PW names in his bracket outside of UR. I think that is a plus.

As far as the draw goes, well having Union Road in your half of the bracket is not a positive. I heard Coach Melton is back at UR. Not sure if that is true.

Thanks!  Did you come to our game in PSL?

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2017, 01:44:28 PM »
Thanks!  Did you come to our game in PSL?
I wanted to. Got tied up in some other stuff. I'm basing my statement on years past and some conversations about your current team. I was told how much better your offense was. Pkus your scores reflect it.

I try to get to nationals every year. Last year I went to AYF and hung out with Joe and Tito. Maybe this year I can make it a day or two to PW nationals.

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2017, 02:39:32 PM »
I wanted to. Got tied up in some other stuff. I'm basing my statement on years past and some conversations about your current team. I was told how much better your offense was. Pkus your scores reflect it.

I try to get to nationals every year. Last year I went to AYF and hung out with Joe and Tito. Maybe this year I can make it a day or two to PW nationals.
You should go to the AAU Nationals. They aren't the same format as PW or AYF but the games are just as exciting.

Online CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2017, 08:19:18 PM »

I believe it's Alan's son that the HC.  Alan was coaching Jr. PeeWee this year.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline COACH JC

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2017, 10:52:16 PM »
We did it!  We’re going to Disney World!  12-0!  Won our Region championship 32-14 against a tough Orlando team that had Edgerrin James’s son at QB and a slew of athletes to compliment him.  They ran through last year’s Regional Champ 38-8.

I’m so excited for our kids and program!  It’s the first time in our program’s history we had a team qualify for the Pop Warner Super Bowl!  We play the Redwood City 49ers (Peewee)first.  Anyone know where I can get film on them?

Congrats! I don't share film of teams from our region, but I did see them play this year. They're solid, but not elite. Wishbone team. If you're beating Edgerrin James kid, I doubt you'll have much issue w/ them.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Online CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2017, 12:52:12 AM »
I don't share film of teams from our region

Why not?

--Dave

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 01:37:57 AM »
Why not?

--Dave
Because snitches get stitches Dave, snitches get stitches.

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 01:41:16 AM »

I heard the lights went out during your game and you were beatin' them so bad Edgerrin James called the game instead of turning the lights back on and finishing the game. Is this true? If so that is awesome.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 06:37:54 AM »
Why not?

--Dave
We would never trade our conferences film. But as far as other regional teams, if we could get another we needed in trade then we would. But never, ever our conference. We even traded film directly with a team in our bracket. HS teams do it so why not us. Sometimes that is the only way you can get it.

You really only need your first round opponent. All the games in the tournament are filmed by PW and are available right after the game is finished.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 06:38:58 AM »
I believe it's Alan's son that the HC.  Alan was coaching Jr. PeeWee this year.

--Dave
DW?

Online CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:50 AM »
DW?

Dunno.  But what else could it be? ;)

--Dave

The Mission Statement: