Author Topic: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts  (Read 1147 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline efran1666

  • Copper
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:07:15 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with league wide parent/player contracts?   Good or bad?

Offline mahonz

  • Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • Posts: 24264
  • Total likes: 2547
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:23:41 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with league wide parent/player contracts?   Good or bad?

Every Adult that signs up their child to play in our League signs an Honor and Integrity Contract.

I think its good. It reminds people why we do this....even if it only lasts 5 minutes in their minds.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline bigshel

  • Silver
  • Posts: 1548
  • Total likes: 228
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Coordinator
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:03:28 PM »
Every Adult that signs up their child to play in our League signs an Honor and Integrity Contract.

I think its good. It reminds people why we do this....even if it only lasts 5 minutes in their minds.

Or until they cross the line and you shove it under their noses as a reminder.  ;)

Offline patriotsfatboy1

  • Benefactors
  • Gold
  • Posts: 3228
  • Total likes: 673
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 07:28:13 PM »
AYF requires it for all teams, so it is not just league/conference wide. It is National.

Offline efran1666

  • Copper
  • Posts: 2
  • Total likes: 0
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 07:56:19 PM »
Our league has a league wide one, but I think it get lost in the shuffle with registration.   As one of the area's in our league, I'm looking to adopt a zero tolerance parent, coach, player contract to prevent some of the actions of the few.  I'm not looking to punish players with this, but I need to get coaches and parents in control.   :(

I'm looking to see what other leagues/areas have done. 

Offline mahonz

  • Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • Posts: 24264
  • Total likes: 2547
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 09:03:31 PM »
Our league has a league wide one, but I think it get lost in the shuffle with registration.   As one of the area's in our league, I'm looking to adopt a zero tolerance parent, coach, player contract to prevent some of the actions of the few.  I'm not looking to punish players with this, but I need to get coaches and parents in control.   :(

I'm looking to see what other leagues/areas have done.

Honestly between you, me and the fence post....train all parents on the difference between the NFL, NCAA and NFHS rules... fix all ass crappy Officiating and 95% of all in season issues disappear. The other 5% now becomes more manageable.

Coaches fighting coaches...parents vs parents...kids vs kids....coaches vs parents...kids vs coaches....

When you really look close it all starts with one action....poor Officiating and nincompoops thinking they are watching the NFL.

I provide a sheet for my parents every pre season that discusses rules and how to act on game day....OR ELSE !. We only have one dad that cant seem to maintain so we are on him like flies on shit most every week.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline davecisar

  • Platinum
  • Posts: 9078
  • Total likes: 854
    • Winning Youth Football Coaching Site
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Single Wing
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2017, 09:19:50 AM »
We have a league contract and a program contract
Cant play without a signed one

Very few issues in our league
Have yet to see a single fight- 13 years
Only 2-3 coach ejections- VERY short leash- they hear a single curse word- no soup for you- gone
Very fortunate
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Winston Churchill

Offline Bob Goodman

  • Platinum
  • Posts: 9513
  • Total likes: 354
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Assistant
Re: League Wide Parent/Player Contracts
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 12:42:59 PM »
What matters would a league contract deal with that a club contract wouldn't or shouldn't?