Author Topic: Article and comment some of you might find interesting  (Read 697 times)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Vince148

• Silver
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: Article and comment some of you might find interesting
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 06:40:12 AM »
Two thoughts...

1. I believe that the way I see most kids bench is an injury waiting to happen. A lot of raw lifters particularly, keep their elbows out wide throughout the movement. This puts extreme tension on that joint and ligament. I always teach elbows in, especially if you are a QB or P.

2. While Rippentoe is well-known in the strength training field, he is not a medical expert. I would place more trust in what the doctors are seeing rather than what he "suspects". However, I do agree with his points on CF. I have never been a fan of crossfit. The constant repetitions lead to a breakdown in form which leads to overcompensation of muscle groups and injury.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 08:17:05 AM by Vince148 »

Offline ZACH

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 10-1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 10:35:11 AM »
Lets look at military age range... 18-25 ...

Now if you go to a fitness chain and watch the same age range what will you see...

Absolute fuckery

Now are they all bad.. nah... what tears muscle... factors of enviorment...bench is too narrow (very probable) ... equipment is bad (very probable) ... person is over stressed, tired, hungry, ect (very probable).

Just these factors alone can contribute to not be physically able to perform lifts in a intensity range the "cliche" age range would act in.

Bench press is stupid, it serves no benefit in athletics other than it being the event in powerlifting. Its variations benefit  more to athletes and others outside the 3 light tree then by itself. But its the stable of "gym bros" on Monday after noon international chest day.

Crossfit...i rather see soldiers using the concepts of functional body weight movements (calesthenics) with moderate resistance such that is used in cross fit eg "the murph" .   

Is crossfit safer then gym bro lifting... yes...but only because theres someone whos supposed to be smarter than you there helping.

Argument is stupid...both can be equally bad and profitable to anyone... rippitoe just doesnt like that he didnt come up with an idea that is a multi million dollar brand.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 10:37:29 AM by ZACH »
"Some athletes have division 1 dreams and jv work ethic" - random

Offline SingleWingGoombah

• Silver
  • Because, football.
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
But its the stable of "gym bros" on Monday after noon international chest day.

How else  am I supposed to get this sick f*cking pump.  Size is the prize!  Swole is the goal!

Offline ZACH

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 10-1
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2018, 11:36:03 AM »
How else  am I supposed to get this sick f*cking pump.  Size is the prize!  Swole is the goal!

Jacked...tan...and juicy a.f

Its gainz o clock mofo lettsss gooooo!
"Some athletes have division 1 dreams and jv work ethic" - random