Author Topic: So It Begins. All in for the Spread Style Offense.  (Read 445 times)

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Retired
So It Begins. All in for the Spread Style Offense.
« on: July 23, 2018, 11:11:18 PM »
All who have been here for any length of time know I am a Ball Control, Ground and Pound, type of Coach.  Last season was an Eye Opener for me.  I just didn't have the "Horses" to be a between the tackles kind of guy.  So many "Light Weights" who didn't have the "Junk In The Trunk" to make that happen with regularity.  Even with going Beast for a majority of the season. 

First Practice was today.  We introduced "Pistol" Power.  There will be a lot of RPO involved but, I am still enforcing the ability to Run using Zone Concepts (ala MH Coach).  Fingers Crossed.  I hope I am good enough to make this transition viable.   
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline Beansko82

• Copper
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: So It Begins. All in for the Spread Style Offense.
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »
Are you planning on incorporating any read concepts into your IZ or Power run game?

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Retired
Re: So It Begins. All in for the Spread Style Offense.
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 01:00:39 PM »
Yes, But for now, its all base Runs.  Power, Stretch, Jet.    Each Play has a "Hot Call" based on Coverage alignment.   

All in all, not overly sophisticated (For my benefit) so I can "Fix" things as we go.  When all is said and done, we should have enough in place to cover the field and find the Weak Links.   My choices based on material I have and some of Joe's wisdom.  Doesn't have to be fancy, just executable and effective.    8)
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)