Author Topic: It was Really Good!  (Read 445 times)

Offline spidermac

• Gold
  • Coaching: 7 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Pistol
  • Title: Head Coach
It was Really Good!
« on: August 13, 2018, 10:08:04 AM »
So we had our first practice Saturday morning in Texas...and believe it or not, it was 72 degrees and raining :)

Which from previous experience, I didn't expect to get a lot done...but we have to get the first four unpadded practices in on time, or we fall behind...

The boys surprised me, and the other coaches, they were laser focused...they remembered a lot from last season, and remembered the stuff we worked on in the spring, straight away, the new stuff we put in, they grabbed onto right away.

Tackling progression, not a lot of correction required on body position, feet width, etc.

Then we finished practice with Circle of Death, and they wend for 12 and a half minutes, and no one was really struggling yet...the started and finished strong, the only reason we stopped was because we were right up against the clock (our practices cannot exceed 2 hours).

Laser focused, good questions, they did well handling the wet ball...and we are ahead of our installation schedule...because they grabbed everything so fast...

Tonight we have practice, it will be a little bit hotter, mid 80s and humid, maybe some more rain...fingers crossed :) I am very optimistic....
None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Assistant
Re: It was Really Good!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:31:43 PM »
Interesting that you hope for rain for your practices!

Thunderstorms forecast for practice time here today, but I'm sure it'd be canceled anyway even if they don't materialize, because they close the park if the ground's soaked the way it's been from rain.

Offline spidermac

• Gold
  • Coaching: 7 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Pistol
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 02:53:20 PM »
My fingers weren't crossed for more rain :P although from the way I phrased it, I can see how I left that impression...fingers crossed that they keep on like they started...
None of them suck, they just haven't found what the kid is good at yet.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 02:57:05 PM »
Oh.  From the smiley you put after 72 degrees & raining, I thought you meant that was good news because it cooled the air.