Author Topic: Politics  (Read 2668 times)

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
Re: Politics
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »
The problem with politics is all the damn politicians. I am for very small government and having as many liberties as possible. I feel if we keep going down this path of mob action, many people are going to get killed. The left has completely lost their minds. Even with that said, I am middle right in the political spectrum.
The right has completely lost its mind as well. At least the ones in power. I don't think the common person, either rep or dem, is represented at all anymore. Most people are just a shade from the middle. Those that call themselves far right scare the shit out of me. Hitler was far right. Don't be Hitler. Bad look really. Far left is jusy as bad. Stalin was bad. Don't be Stalin.

To answer the question in the op, yes, I feel that the right is being run by a bunch of racist white nationalist who don't give a crap about women issues or anything other than their bank accounts. Proof is in the pudding. I will make the distinction that I don't feel the average republican citizen feels that way but it is trending in that direction. Imo, Trump is one of the most despicable persons alive. That opinion has absolutely nothing to do with his politics. I also question whether people who can't see that in him are not as effed up. Again, that is aside from politics. I won't judge people for political views. This country used to have politicians who could come together and compromise for the better good. That is gone. Now they are only concerned with the special interest lobby groups who help them get elected and assist in the horrific brain washing that is going on on both sides of the aisle. Russia and China are over joyed ay the state of affairs here. I firmly believe that the current extreme divide is what the Russian meddling was designed to do. It was btw, Putin's forte in the KGB.

Offline angalton

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Wishbone
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2018, 03:01:12 PM »
I agree, far left and far right are bad, extremely bad. Just to clarify on the statement, " The left has lost their minds.". It is in reference to the mob protestors and the coverage that it gets. I'm sure it is a small percentage of people, it is given the feeling that it is everywhere. I don't really see the coverage of the mob protests by the right. That doesn't mean there aren't any, just doesn't get the coverage. As for Trump, didn't care for him before hand. Politically he has done some good things, huge. I really find myself not liking anybody, but I guess that's my own issue. Civil conversation, facts, and agreeing to disagree is just not the norm.
The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

Offline COACH JC

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2018, 03:45:54 PM »
It is Trumps fault and why I voted for him. And he has exceeded my own expectations in spades.

Apply the 5% Rule.

There are roughly 225M registered voters in the US last time I looked. 10M are fanatics when it come to politics / government in general. They never truly dictate although they believe they are important.

Enter Trump. The fanatics on the left tripled because he has no filter at a time when MSM outlets have gone into dog eat dog mode just to survive. Why? There are now roughly 125M Netflix subscribers that are tuning out to Ad TV in droves.

So all of the news we all get....left....right....middle...tends to be sensationalized and opinion based rather than fact based. No time to vet out a story anymore....gotta get to press....NOW !

There was an institution that went back and watched the last 2K hours of Trump news produced from all national outlets over the last 4 months. 92% was negative. Yet Democrats are showing up at his rallies because they are curious...and employed....and not getting attacked.  People are beginning to see past the warts that is Donald Trump the person and accepting Donald Trump the President.... too include my own Daughter.   

Why? People vote with their bank accounts...this per my Grandfather who was a Politician. When people are making ends meet the Politicians survive...when they cant make ends meet the Politicians are out.

Many are doing better all around than they were 2 years ago. Some more than others but things have been happening fast.

I dont buy into the rhetoric. The political landscape should end up very different by 2025....in a good way whether you are a Republican, Democrat or an Independent. This barring anything unusual that isnt in the manual like Monica Lewinsky or 9/11 or credit default swap fraud on an international scale. 

The 5% will go back to being irrelevant. Their 15 minutes is nearly up.

At the end of the day...is your community safe so you can be neighborly?...do you have a roof over your head and food on the table?...do you have good friends and a supportive family?...do you have your health? ...are your kids better off all around than you were at their age?...do you coach youth football?

Seriously...what else is important? Not much.

As far as being a white male racist ...we are all racist to a degree...a bit homophobic and misogynistic.

Why? Towel Heads do exist and are not very good people, I can accept it in others but will never fully comprehend how any man can give another man a blow job... and women?...we all appreciate them but they own us so that pisses me off.  >:(

My take

I think you’re underselling the volume of radicals. If you support the same party regardless of who you’re supporting, I think by definition you’re a radical.
If you think the folks in the oval office are out here worried about the common man, I think you’re probably a radical.

I think radicalism is the most common approach to politics. Rivaled only by stuidity & ignorance.

This has always been the case. Not long ago most americans believe slavery was a totally reasonable thing to do. Before that executions & child labor. Women having no rights. Humans have always been incredibly stupid w/ regard to what is best for other humans. We only give a shit about ourselves.

There’s absoulutely ZERO reason to have any faith in humans on a grand scale. We’re followers. Ants. We’re just gonna do what the folks w/ the most coin tell us to. And we’ll base our beliefs on whatever the big man tells us to, depending on what region we’re from.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Online Dusty Ol Fart

• Platinum
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2018, 03:47:37 PM »
Sadly somehow Civil Disobedience has become rather Uncivil and acceptable!?  Not sure why but the Media is making a living off of it and loving every minute of it.  They throw gas on the fire every opinion they give.

Rand Paul is right, someone is going to get killed and then aftermath will not be good.   

Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline Coach Brad

• Copper
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Pistol
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2018, 03:59:50 PM »
Rand Paul is right, someone is going to get killed and then aftermath will not be good.   
Someone WAS killed. Remember Charlottesville last year? Nothing changed.

Offline COACH JC

• Platinum
  • Defense: Other
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2018, 04:08:29 PM »
One of the most divisive topics is governement interference. As someone that is pretty disgusted w/ those in power, I lvoe the idea of less governement. But when you know history, it’s hard to wrap your brain around the less government party line.

Like, that’s pretty much what the civil war was fought for. The goverment was like “hey y’all, slavery is pretty disgusting.” And the south was like “**** you! This is my state, you stay out of it. LESS GOVERNMENT!”

I mean, we literally had to slaughter our own people because half of em believed their fields should be picked by someone for free, merely cuz of their skin color. And so w/ less government, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE YOU WANT TO ALLOW TO MAKE DECISIONS? lol.

We have more governement cuz left on our own we **** It up! What have we ever done that gives you confidence that we’ll do the right thing when less people are looking? lol

Again, I love the idea. But I know my  history way too well to have any faith whatsoever in my fellow human to do the right thing w/ less oversight.
It's all about having fun.  But losing aint fun!

Offline Monster

• Silver
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: I Formation
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2018, 04:11:34 PM »
Re-read what you wrote. Do you really think that ? Not the due process of the law part, yes everyone should get that, but there is a difference between humans who do bad things and psychopaths, sociopaths and those that do the things you wrote. It is one thing to read about it or hear it on the news but I, unfortunately, have had to see the up close and personal aspects of rape, murder etc. Some people are downright evil. We all do, "bad things" but the vast majority aren't out raping, murdering or committing all sorts of vile crimes that a small minority are. And yes a .40 cent bullet would be a much better use of all of our tax dollars than letting folks who commit those types of crimes live out their lives in jail on our dime.

Going down a rabbit trail here but it is the daily dehumanization of victims, not the criminals, that is a major issue in society. We have gotten so used to the gloom and doom media, all of negative and hearing these types of stories that it is second nature now. And if it doesn't happen to you or someone close to you it doesn't even register. It is the norm. It's like the frog in a pot of water that you slowly keep turning up the heat on. He just sits there and boils to death.

In your statement you have detached the offender from the offense. It's a human who did a bad thing. Nah, it's a bad human who did what he wanted to do. "Inalienable human rights" in the example you used have nothing to do with dehumanization. The offenders rights are a fair trial. If someone can rationalize that a person who hypothetically raped and murdered 14 girls is just a human who did a bad thing and not a, "special case" it proves my point.

I know you used an extreme example, but it was a really poor example. Take em' out back and put a bullet in their head, after a fair trial.

The highlighted part is the only thing I care about. Everyone gets a fair trial.
Mission Statement:
To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2018, 04:42:08 PM »
The highlighted part is the only thing I care about. Everyone gets a fair trial.
They should but do they? Clearly the answer is no. Only the wealthy can afford a fair trial. The rest get a pd who talks you into or forces you into a plea regardless of guilt or innocence. Most prosecuters have conviction rates of over 90%. Not because they actually won tried cases but because defendants almost always take the plea.

Offline bigshel

• Silver
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2018, 04:51:03 PM »
They should but do they? Clearly the answer is no. Only the wealthy can afford a fair trial. The rest get a pd who talks you into or forces you into a plea regardless of guilt or innocence. Most prosecuters have conviction rates of over 90%. Not because they actually won tried cases but because defendants almost always take the plea.

Because the plea deal almost always includes time served while sitting in jail waiting for a hearing because your family couldn't afford bail. Then, once you cop a plea, it's almost impossible for you to get a decent job, because you now have a strike against you.

Offline Wing-n-It

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »
I am middle right in the political spectrum.
This is probably more of where I am at,.... A tolerant republican  :-\
Robert

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2018, 05:19:39 PM »
Good chance you can't vote either. It is almost impossible for a convicted felon in Floriduh to get their voting rights restored. No matter the crime. Many (myself included) see it as voter suppression of minorities. Some kid commits a non violent crime at 18 yo and serves a year. 40 years later after turning his life around and staying out of trouble he still can't vote. He can apply to have that right reinstated but the stats show that people of color almost never have them returned. This is all decided by our effed up racist ass guvna and his cronies. No reason has to be given as to why no reinstatment. Looking at the make up of Floriduh the only reasonable explanation as to why this state is always republican is voter suppression. A stunning amount of blacks and hispanics can't vote. Oh, and all the non residents sending in absentee ballots based on their vacation homes. This little trick was discovered during the Bush recount. Nothing was done and it continues.

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »
This is probably more of where I am at,.... A tolerant republican  :-\
While you and I probably don't see eye to eye on everything I bet all of your beliefs would make sense to me. I would understand your pov. We could work compromises. Honestly, there are only a few things that I stand firmly on. I would think most non pos people would be firm on those same things. The rest of it is just details that I am willing to waiver on to gain a little from something you can waiver on. Why doesn't politics work like that? Money. Plain and simple.

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2018, 05:45:15 PM »
Okay, I will play...

I am a 51 year old white guy, I am a Christian and a  former Marine, served in a combat zone (Desert Storm). I hate stupid people, no matter their race, sex, sexual proclivities, creed, etc...I like people who are not stupid...even if they do not agree with what I believe in.

Politically, I consider myself a conservative...actually, I may as well tell the truth...I am far right in my political beliefs. If you want something, work for it. I believe the left is trying to change the political landscape through illegal immigration, this does bother me...undocumented workers? Bull...call them what they are...illegal aliens (or immigrants...

I believe what the Dems just did in the confirmation hearings was deplorable...nothing more that a smear campaign, thankfully the President and the other Republicans did not back down.

Mike mentioned the 92% negative press thing...I saw that headline the other day, didn't read the article...I have not watched the news on a regular basis since Obama was elected, except for traffic, weather and sports...because It made me upset, and life is too short to be upset...I do watch on election night, just to see what we have to look forward to until the next election...I did look at Real Clear Politics yesterday, to see what they think is going to happen on November 6th...then I closed the page, basically, they thought Trump was going to lose, they got that so wrong...how can I expect them to get the next one right :P

I barely look at social media anymore...its either far left propoganda, or far right propoganda...and from people I know, or thought i knew...and to think people rely on it...my social media posts are about my kids or my Dawgs...

And the vitriol is everywhere...leaking into the schools...a few years ago, my daughter, then a Freshman in HS, told one of her best friends that she supported Trump and was against illegal imigration...they no longer speak...13 and 14 year old kids...then you have the kid in Whataburger who was assaulted by a large Hispanic man because he was wearing a MAGA hat...and it is not just the left who are doing these sorts of things...the right as well...

People are apparently tolerant nowadays, as long as you agree with their point of view...

C

I have been having some fun on FB lately. Turns out my Friends are a mixed bag politically. So when they go all anti Trump they get a MAGA hat in the mail from me....anonymously of course via Walmart.com . Next time its Trump socks....a deplorable T shirt....   :P  Even after I ask them for an address for my Christmas card list....I dont think they have figured me out yet but my Christmas Card list has grown so I best keep up appearances and send them one.  Maybe I will include a Trump sticker. :P

I am pretty sure some heads have exploded over this.

What is beautiful, lives forever.

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2018, 05:53:04 PM »
I think you’re underselling the volume of radicals. If you support the same party regardless of who you’re supporting, I think by definition you’re a radical.
If you think the folks in the oval office are out here worried about the common man, I think you’re probably a radical.

I think radicalism is the most common approach to politics. Rivaled only by stuidity & ignorance.

This has always been the case. Not long ago most americans believe slavery was a totally reasonable thing to do. Before that executions & child labor. Women having no rights. Humans have always been incredibly stupid w/ regard to what is best for other humans. We only give a shit about ourselves.

There’s absoulutely ZERO reason to have any faith in humans on a grand scale. We’re followers. Ants. We’re just gonna do what the folks w/ the most coin tell us to. And we’ll base our beliefs on whatever the big man tells us to, depending on what region we’re from.

I would think....assuming here... living in California that you see some chit that I never do.   

So I would agree.... probably underestimate the number of true fanatics.

I personally have faith in humans on a grand scale otherwise we'd be extinct by now. I also believe there are some really smart politicians out there just like there is in any field.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Online Dusty Ol Fart

• Platinum
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
Someone WAS killed. Remember Charlottesville last year? Nothing changed.

I think Mr. Paul was referring to someone in Washington.  Not that anyone else getting killed is or would be any easier to justify or accept.   
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)