Author Topic: Coaches Gift.  (Read 965 times)

Offline joshv155

• Gold
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Positions
Re: Coaches Gift.
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2019, 02:00:55 AM »
My travel plans, as they sit right now:  I'll be in Palm Springs on April 22-29.  And in Chicago for a week before that.  Haven't confirmed the dates for Illinois because I'm still trying to coordinate the painter, plumber and floor refinishers, but it will hopefully be before I head to Palm Springs.  After that, I'm at the beach to renovate our hurricane house.

--Dave

I saw in another post you talking about coaching back east next season still ... when are you actually moving to Palm Springs full time ?
Passio Bellator

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2019, 09:19:30 AM »
I saw in another post you talking about coaching back east next season still ... when are you actually moving to Palm Springs full time ?

Our plan right now is to do a 6-month split:  December-May in CA and June-November in NC.  However, we have 3 options we're discussing: 1) A condo in Palm Springs to be there once in a while, but still live in NC the majority of the time; 2) the 6-month split; 3) Live in Palm Springs full time.  Our decision is based on several factors, from when Debbie decides to retire, to if I get a header job here.  I still have 3 HC applications on file here, have only heard from one, but have no interviews scheduled.  We will be in Palm Springs in April; that's already been arranged.  Our plan is to see as many properties there, as possible. 

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline joshv155

• Gold
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2019, 09:42:50 PM »
Our plan right now is to do a 6-month split:  December-May in CA and June-November in NC.  However, we have 3 options we're discussing: 1) A condo in Palm Springs to be there once in a while, but still live in NC the majority of the time; 2) the 6-month split; 3) Live in Palm Springs full time.  Our decision is based on several factors, from when Debbie decides to retire, to if I get a header job here.  I still have 3 HC applications on file here, have only heard from one, but have no interviews scheduled.  We will be in Palm Springs in April; that's already been arranged.  Our plan is to see as many properties there, as possible. 

--Dave

Any update Coach ? I’m pretty sure I’ll be driving through Palm Springs next month.
Passio Bellator

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2019, 07:24:55 AM »
Any update Coach ? I’m pretty sure I’ll be driving through Palm Springs next month.

Josh, we were in Palm Springs in April.  Made an offer on a property, but someone else got to it first.  Since I've gotten this new HS gig, we'll be in NC through the season.  But no plans to head back to Palm Springs until April.  I will be in Illinois in the last week of June through the July 4 week.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2019, 10:01:57 PM »
I might, could, drive up North for a Meet up somewhere in that time Dave?  What say you?
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »
I might, could, drive up North for a Meet up somewhere in that time Dave?  What say you?

I think we'll be up there June 28-July 6, so I'm sure I'll be available.  We're hoping to put the finishing touches on the house that week.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2019, 10:17:14 PM »
And I'll also be in Georgia (somewhere) on July 26, 27 & 28 to give a Double Wing clinic.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline joshv155

• Gold
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2019, 11:17:59 PM »
Josh, we were in Palm Springs in April.  Made an offer on a property, but someone else got to it first.  Since I've gotten this new HS gig, we'll be in NC through the season.  But no plans to head back to Palm Springs until April.  I will be in Illinois in the last week of June through the July 4 week.

--Dave

Bummer ! It’s okay though. We will connect eventually. I’m scared to death of flying, love Disneyland and my parents moved to NW Arizona not long ago ..... so I’ll be through Palm Springs each summer for sure.

Glad to hear we can’t link up because you are coaching and changing young men’s lives.
Passio Bellator

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2019, 06:28:51 AM »
so I’ll be through Palm Springs each summer for sure.

--Good.  Palm Springs is certainly our plan.

Glad to hear we can’t link up because you are coaching and changing young men’s lives.

--And that's the ultimate plan.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline Seabass

• Silver
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2019, 12:19:16 AM »
My dad has a place in Palm Springs...the summers in Palm Springs are as debilitating as the winters are in Alaska. He came back to WA last week...it was 110 degrees when he left. It’s a great place to be from Nov-April.

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2019, 06:04:29 AM »
My dad has a place in Palm Springs...the summers in Palm Springs are as debilitating as the winters are in Alaska. He came back to WA last week...it was 110 degrees when he left. It’s a great place to be from Nov-April.

I agree.  It’s unbelievable.   But the humidity and pollen here drive Deb’s allergies nuts.  We’d look for a second home in Idyllwild, so we could have some semblance of “seasonal” weather.

—Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline Wing-n-It

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: DC Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2019, 07:20:52 AM »
I agree.  It’s unbelievable.   But the humidity and pollen here drive Deb’s allergies nuts.  We’d look for a second home in Idyllwild, so we could have some semblance of “seasonal” weather.

—Dave
Have you tried Running springs/ Lake arrowhead?
Seasonal, nice bike rides (motorcycles) high elevation, fresh air (for California) the mountain is made of mostly granite which is super stable ground when dealing with earthquakes.
Robert

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »
Have you tried Running springs/ Lake arrowhead?

No, we've only been looking in the San Jacinto area.  Idyllwild is close, has diverse (but beautiful weather) and is financially feasible.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline Wing-n-It

• Administrator
  • Gold
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: DC Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 11:40:10 AM »
No, we've only been looking in the San Jacinto area.  Idyllwild is close, has diverse (but beautiful weather) and is financially feasible.

--Dave
Alright suit yourself but remember when your skin prematurely resembles a catchers mit don't say I didn't try to help  :P

Robert

2 Things my offense will always have is a Wing and a Wedge

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 12:01:37 PM »
when your skin prematurely resembles a catchers mit don't say I didn't try to help

Oh you are waay too late on that.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: