Author Topic: Overnights  (Read 428 times)

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
Overnights
« on: July 10, 2019, 12:34:19 AM »
This morning, we will load the bus and head to Campbell University for a 3 day/2 night 7on7 tourney.  Loading the cooler with drinks and power bars, fruit, nuts and other healthy snacks.  Our LB coach is stopping by in the morning to ride with me.  The van is loaded with clothes, toiletries and equipment.  I'll be back in town on Friday.  On Saturday morning, there is a mandatory youth football meeting for our conference, that I'll attend.  Then I'm supposed to provide another clinic to the youth org.  On Sunday, we go to Belhaven to discuss the redesign/rebuild of our house with the GC.  Then Monday it's off to G'boro for the NCHS coaches clinic for First Aid/CPR/AED certification.  There is no practice that week, so on Wednesday we're flying to New York for 5 days.  When I return, we resume with practice.  This past Sunday, we just got back from 8 days in Illinois.  I'll be glad when the season starts so things will settle down.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
Re: Overnights
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:08:20 PM »
Drove to Campbell University this morning.  Registered, got our rooms (coaches get to room by themselves), went to lunch, came back and had a full practice, went back to our rooms for about 90 minutes of rest, went to dinner, then had four 7on7s.  Apple Watch says I walked more than 6 miles today.  Breakfast is at 7am.  Exhausted.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 11:08:30 AM »
Up at 6:15.  Breakfast at 7.  On the practice field at 7:45.  2-hour practice.  Now heading to lunch.  Back on the field at 1pm.  Two of my RBs have locked themselves out of their rooms.  Had to get a maintenance person to let them in.  Grrrr....

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 11:10:33 AM »
Found out this morning that our program is ranked number 2 in the state for sending the highest number of players to college over the past 4 years. (34 players.)

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 11:12:19 AM »
The University staff also worked with our players at this morning's practice.  Neat to see how our guys respond to the D1 setting.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline Monster

• Silver
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: I Formation
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 11:36:24 AM »
Dave,

Great to hear these updates. Please keep 'em coming! I know you guys are going to make the most out of this experience.
Mission Statement:
To make a genuine effort at every opportunity to help those around me build and maintain a commitment to success.

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 12:38:52 PM »
I know you guys are going to make the most out of this experience.

Trying to.  It's a huge adjustment for my RBs to learn to deal with me.  They've not had a RBs Coach before, and plus I am picky.  Very, very picky.  If you're a Senior and (I've got 3) and they've not been held accountable they way I hold players accountable, it's....an "adjustment."  ;)

Just finished lunch.  Now we're on our way back outside.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 05:46:13 PM »
Had our second practice today.  Covered Special Teams for Varsity and JV.  I was just asked to take the Special Teams reins for JV, so I'll add that to my list of duties.  The heat and humidity here are incredible.  We have 7on7s after dinner.  Parents are invited to attend and we'll have pizza after 7on7s.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:24 PM »
Tonight's 7on7s were rain/lightning/thundered-out.  We'll pack up and return home tomorrow morning.

Saturday morning, I'm attending a mandatory youth coaches meeting, since I have agreed to OC a youth team this season.  That afternoon, I'll give a DW clinic to 3 teams in that org.  (Nothing like adding more stuff to your plate.)

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline patriotsfatboy1

• Benefactors
  • Gold
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Double Wing
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 08:31:33 AM »
Fun stuff! Thanks for the updates.

Offline tiger46

• Benefactors
  • Copper
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2019, 10:34:33 AM »
Tonight's 7on7s were rain/lightning/thundered-out.  We'll pack up and return home tomorrow morning.

Saturday morning, I'm attending a mandatory youth coaches meeting, since I have agreed to OC a youth team this season.  That afternoon, I'll give a DW clinic to 3 teams in that org.  (Nothing like adding more stuff to your plate.)

--Dave

Record the DW clinic.  I'll buy a copy.
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ”  ― Frederick Douglass

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2019, 10:38:54 AM »
Record the DW clinic.  I'll buy a copy.

Either attend today's clinic, or come to the one I'm giving in Georgia at the end of the month. :P

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »
We got back from Campbell University on Friday.  Exhausted.  We have a dead period next week, so Monday I'm heading to Greensboro to get my NCHS coach's card and my certification for CPR/AED.

--Dave

The Mission Statement:

Offline morris

• Gold
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »
Either attend today's clinic, or come to the one I'm giving in Georgia at the end of the month. :P

--Dave
Where in Georgia?

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
    • Coach Dave Potter
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »
Where in Georgia?

Winder in Barrow County.

--Dave

The Mission Statement: