Author Topic: 10u Single Wing Highlights  (Read 142 times)

Offline jtschem

• Copper
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: 3-3 Stack
  • Offense: Single Wing
  • Title: Coordinator
10u Single Wing Highlights
« on: December 03, 2019, 09:38:33 AM »
I'm very proud of my guys again this year. We moved up to the 9/10 age group. 10 out of 11 starters on offense were 9 year olds. It took us a little time to adjust to the next age group, but the boys battled all year and consistently got better. We won 6 out of our last 7 games and made it to the semifinals of our playoffs. The ubsw, without a doubt, was a major reason why. We were able to run some spinner, jet, buck, and T series. The boys take pride in being physical and executing for each other. I could not be any prouder of them. Also, this site has definitely helped me become a better coach. I am very thankful for all of you who are willing to share your thoughts and experiences. Check out my guys in the link below.

https://youtu.be/EoDnGZdSxks

Offline 32wedge

• Benefactors
  • Bronze
  • Coaching: Middle School
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: 10u Single Wing Highlights
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2019, 10:20:52 AM »
I'm very proud of my guys again this year. We moved up to the 9/10 age group. 10 out of 11 starters on offense were 9 year olds. It took us a little time to adjust to the next age group, but the boys battled all year and consistently got better. We won 6 out of our last 7 games and made it to the semifinals of our playoffs. The ubsw, without a doubt, was a major reason why. We were able to run some spinner, jet, buck, and T series. The boys take pride in being physical and executing for each other. I could not be any prouder of them. Also, this site has definitely helped me become a better coach. I am very thankful for all of you who are willing to share your thoughts and experiences. Check out my guys in the link below.

https://youtu.be/EoDnGZdSxks

I love it!  You have got it all going on there: Spin, Buck Lateral, Tee Series, Jet.  Gotta love the nickname Termites!

Offline jtschem

• Copper
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 11:03:38 AM »
Kids are smart. It gets you really excited when they come back to the huddle with suggestions based on what the defense is doing.

My title is misleading. Termites is what our league calls the 9/10 age group. We are the Bulldogs. Termites would be a great nickname!

Online CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2019, 11:38:45 AM »
Kinston, eh?  North Carolina?  Love the block made by #15 at the 1 minute mark.  Really nice.

"We moved up to the 9/10 age group. 10 out of 11 starters on offense were 9 year olds."

So glad to see you saying that.  I hate the constant complaining of, "I had really young kids, this year" refrain.  What happened in the regular season loss, as well as the semi-final game?  Good video of a good team.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline jtschem

• Copper
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2019, 12:11:44 PM »
Thanks, Coach. Kinston, AL. If we were in NC, I'd have to see about talking some football with you over some of that BBQ you mention. The 6 out last 7 games included the semifinal loss. A lot of the boys on our team had won two straight championships in the younger age group (8u). We actually started off the season by playing the 3 top teams in the league and went 0 - 3. Simply put, we faced some very good football players in the games we lost. We were the only team to score on one of them in the regular season (lost in overtime). I hate losing, but was happy to see the fight of the boys when adversity hit. They never quit working. Sometimes, you could tell they were getting beat up pretty bad when they came back to the huddle. However, they never quit, laid down on the field, or asked for a break. As the season progressed, we did face some weaker teams (still older than us), but also started clicking on all cylinders. By the way, we implemented your COD drill about midseason. The boys begged for it. In our semifinal loss to the eventual champion, we opened up the game with a scoring drive on which we ran power all the way down the field. We just couldn't tackle their stud RB. We are going to keep getting better and be ready for next year.

That block by #15 at the 1 minute mark made that boy's daddy  ;) excited too. I really enjoy watching them get excited for each other after a big play. Truly, a great group of boys.

Online CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2019, 12:46:09 PM »
That's good stuff, Coach!

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline dbayer66

• Copper
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2019, 02:41:25 PM »
very impressive, loved the fanatical faking the best