Author Topic: DC Run & Shoot Download  (Read 10393 times)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
Re: DC Run & Shoot Download
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2015, 11:31:08 PM »
I need to work more with the line.

Our wide splits came as a result of the type of work we were doing with our O-Line, not the other way around.  Because of the way we were drilling them and coaching them, the wider we went with the splits, the better things worked.

That sort of thing isn't going to be the case for everybody.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline BobbyG

• Copper
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: DC Run and Shoot
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2015, 06:55:30 AM »
Our wide splits came as a result of the type of work we were doing with our O-Line, not the other way around.  Because of the way we were drilling them and coaching them, the wider we went with the splits, the better things worked.

That sort of thing isn't going to be the case for everybody.
This is most interesting. Common thought would suggest the opposite but when you think about it, it makes sense.  I'd love to learn more about how you teach your o-line. What age group?
Bobby

Offline CoachDP

• Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2015, 07:26:20 AM »
Because of the way we were drilling them and coaching them, the wider we went with the splits, the better things worked.

Michael, expound?

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline CoachDP

• Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2015, 07:30:24 AM »
I'll have to move the meter closer to the Marine and get these boys attacking more.

Bobby, I think one of the keys is that "Full Marine" doesn't mean that you spend 100% of your time in that mode.  When I get "serious," the boys can definitely get wide-eyed.  But there's a trust factor that's already been established where they know that they are "my guys" and that I have their back, 100% of the time.  In this way, they don't fear me; they fear not giving 100%.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2015, 09:22:05 AM »
This is most interesting. Common thought would suggest the opposite but when you think about it, it makes sense.  I'd love to learn more about how you teach your o-line. What age group?
Bobby

I've had everything from a four-year-old through eighth graders.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2015, 09:24:14 AM »
I'd love to learn more about how you teach your o-line.

I did a clinic thing for C-Rob last February or so.  There's a link to it on the board somewhere or other I think.  I've added a few new things this year, though, and tweaked a few old things.  And I finally came up with a grading system for film that I actually like.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 09:33:55 AM by Michael »

Offline BobbyG

• Copper
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Offense: DC Run and Shoot
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2015, 02:25:05 PM »
Found the clinic. Need to find time to watch it. It's my wife's birthday so coming home to watch it might not be a good choice for today.

http://coaches-clinic.com/recorded-clinics/football/offense/general-offense/how-to-be-the-coach-your-o-line-deserves/

Anyone have links to diagrams of the O-Line Drills? I want to be sure the way I think they should be run match what ya'll are running.

-Bobby

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2015, 02:42:54 PM »
Found the clinic. Need to find time to watch it. It's my wife's birthday so coming home to watch it might not be a good choice for today.

http://coaches-clinic.com/recorded-clinics/football/offense/general-offense/how-to-be-the-coach-your-o-line-deserves/

Anyone have links to diagrams of the O-Line Drills? I want to be sure the way I think they should be run match what ya'll are running.

-Bobby

The diagrams are in the PowerPoint slides that are part of the presentation.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2015, 02:43:37 PM »
And all of the drills have been changed at least a little bit since I gave the presentation.

Offline DumCoach

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • "What me worry? I'm not far enough behind yet!"
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #144 on: November 24, 2016, 01:15:53 AM »
I have not read all 500 pages of this thread, especially since they are older posts, so forgive me if this has been addressed...

In the Introduction on page 2, the manual claims to be able to install this in about an hour.  From those with experience, how long does it truly take to install this?

Here is a team of 8's running it after 2 hours of practice:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2kZIe5mXtbdRlFWOEZ0dXhLMW8

The center they trained did not play so they got some bad snaps.   You'll also see both linebackers move up to blitz and neither TE ever runs a slant behind them.  This is a key error as it is why the TE's are there. 

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 01:27:54 AM by DumCoach »
"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."

Offline Dimson

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Title: Coordinator
« Reply #145 on: November 24, 2016, 09:13:08 AM »
Here is a team of 8's running it after 2 hours of practice:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2kZIe5mXtbdRlFWOEZ0dXhLMW8

The center they trained did not play so they got some bad snaps.   You'll also see both linebackers move up to blitz and neither TE ever runs a slant behind them.  This is a key error as it is why the TE's are there.
They definitely had the right guy at QB. I just wish the blocking was better. I would love to run this with 8U since that is what I mostly coach. I also think for this age group the WRs might have been a bit too wide. I wouldn't want my widest guy any wider than the numbers.

Offline DumCoach

• Administrator
  • Platinum
  • "What me worry? I'm not far enough behind yet!"
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: DC 46
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #146 on: June 06, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
I have no idea what happened.  Hopefully, it's fixed.
"Football is for the kids - But let's win anyway."