Author Topic: JOE GIBBS' ACE OFFENSE  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Pearls of Wisdom

• Gold
  • Read Only Account. Please no PM's or Emails
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Retired
JOE GIBBS' ACE OFFENSE
« on: June 04, 2010, 03:48:36 PM »
An interview with former Redskins great - Clint Didier.  Clint won a High School State Championship running the Joe Gibbs Oneback system (exactly what we believe in), & is now running for Congress:

A sports writer's converation with Clint Didier: I congratulated Clint for his recent State Championship win coaching High School football)

Did you have the 50-gut and 70-chip in your offense?

Didier: Oh yea. I ran the Joe Gibbs 1-back offense. I called Jumbo - that's our short-yardage and goal-line where we run 70-chip. 50-70 chip, 50-70 lead, we got play-action - everything we ran with the Redskins. We went to 4 state championships in 9 years with that same stuff. We went to 6 semis, 7 quarters and every year we were in the playoffs with Joe Gibbs' 1-back offense.

I was told by a lot of people it's too complicated. These kids can't learn it. I said, "Do you want to bet?" We don't give our kids of this Nation enough credit. They are so smart and they are being  starved   of an educational process. We have got to get competition back into our school systems big time. And that means we got to get rid of the Department of Education and give it back to the States and there's a 10th amendment. And hopefully they'll give it back to the Districts and create competition, and then we'll be back to number one. We're 33rd today. We were [ranked] 7th when Ronald Reagan was President...today, 33rd in the world. It's sad.

INTERESTING ATTACHMENT:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 07:59:24 PM by BillMountjoy »
My Contact Info: Coach Bill Mountjoy phone: 804-716-7038 EST /  Email: butzadams@hotmail.com

Offline Pearls of Wisdom

• Gold
Re: JOE GIBBS' ACE OFFENSE
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 08:00:24 PM »
SEE ATTACHMENT:  Zone football is great from this set-up:

[attachment deleted by admin]
My Contact Info: Coach Bill Mountjoy phone: 804-716-7038 EST /  Email: butzadams@hotmail.com

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 11:58:26 PM »
Bill

Is this article about the one back offense, Aids or Dickerson complaining about not making $550K a year?

My how paychecks have changed.

Coach Mike
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Pearls of Wisdom

• Gold
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 10:31:11 AM »
Bill

Is this article about the one back offense, Aids or Dickerson complaining about not making $550K a year?

My how paychecks have changed.

Coach Mike

That was an article from mid 1980's.  The thing about "Aids", & Dickerson, were just included in the same column.  The piece by Gibbs was a good explanation of his theories, which have caught on.  Alabama runs almost an identical offense