Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38848 times)

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
Re: Monuments
« Reply #105 on: November 09, 2011, 05:03:12 PM »
then you dont understand what I have written. cover zero has nothing to do with count system....
its odd even and bear...it starts their. if you are a spread or an I or wing t, or double tight dw, it doesnt matter. the identification process is still the same.

Too me....coverage translates to numbers in the box so it will most certainly apply.

Formation also is critical.

Its all encompassing. Has to be or I wont do it.  ;)

Its why I passed on the idea the last time I vetted this out. Too many things to think about pre snap....but Im game again.  :)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #106 on: November 09, 2011, 05:40:24 PM »
Too me....coverage translates to numbers in the box so it will most certainly apply.

Formation also is critical.

Its all encompassing. Has to be or I wont do it.  ;)

Its why I passed on the idea the last time I vetted this out. Too many things to think about pre snap....but Im game again.  :)
for terms of the count it doesnt matter....its a way to identify how you block the front......coverage, formation in the end doesnt change how you coordinate your te, tes, fullback, fullbacks, bc, and OL.....
but it seems to me, that you are just participating to dismiss....if you dont trust your kids to get into the right adjustments, then why bother learning?
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #107 on: November 09, 2011, 05:46:54 PM »
for terms of the count it doesnt matter....its a way to identify how you block the front......coverage, formation in the end doesnt change how you coordinate your te, tes, fullback, fullbacks, bc, and OL.....
but it seems to me, that you are just participating to dismiss....if you dont trust your kids to get into the right adjustments, then why bother learning?

But the count will most always include the second level...so they count...pun intended. If I understand things....OL makes calls to call out the combos.

I never participate to dismiss. Not even in the Christian thread.  8)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #108 on: November 09, 2011, 06:20:34 PM »
But the count will most always include the second level...so they count...pun intended. If I understand things....OL makes calls to call out the combos.

I never participate to dismiss. Not even in the Christian thread.  8)
in zone blocking you are calling out combination based on the front, starting with odd or even, then where zero is. what exact defense their is irrelevant to your players...the players just need to know odd even, bear and who 0, 1, 2,3, and 4 are. your front 5 dont need to know if it cover 6, cover 63,  or if its 45, 54, 10-1 defense. It doesnt f-ing matter. who is covered, and by whom and how does it affect their job.
from there you give calls that deal different possible scenario, 3 defenders over 2 blockers, 4 defenders or 3 blockers, 2 defenders over 1 blocker, can I afford to not give my guard help on a the 3, can my back guard cut the shaded nose, is that linebacker going to squat or does he bail and can my guard get or do combo him with de and let the tackle and te get him..........you need to wade through those issue as they come up either or on game day or in the film room.
in pass those issues come up, except now you have to acct for 3rd level defenders, cbs, safties......that though is another discussion. But as i have said before,its very to understand how a mike leach or june jones can have 1 protection.....cause you have enough calls....no need for multiple protections.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #109 on: November 09, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
CoachMSL, thanks for the reply to my original post.  I too am all ears on the counting method.  I have been reading Mountjoy's posts and writings.  When i draw up the various defenses i keep finding #4 unblocked but am assuming (dangerous) that # 4 is taken care of with a FB or other lead. 

Mountjoy and others seem to stress the counting aids in the identification of who to block.  My question then is, in 53 for instance, if 0 is the NG the MLB would be #1 and is the OG's player.    If the DT is aligned in 3 tech and is #2 the OG and the OT would combo #3 and the OG would slide the OT off the block and the OT would then climb and take the MLB if the MLB scrapped over but if MLB came inside the OG would come off his block and take the MLB while the OT stayed on the OT.  So is it like some man coverage where the count changes on the movement of the players?

Also, in the above scenario, if SLB was aligned inside the TE he would #3 and the TE would climb to him leaving the DE #4 to a lead back (numbers take precedence of covered/uncovered rules). 

As you can see i am most likely confused on the numbers thing in combination with the covered uncovered rules.  I know Mountjoy would tell me that i am over complicating it but that may be because i don't understand it.  Any guidance you can give. 

Formation wise we will either be in Ace or using a H back who will be offset either strong or weak and Ace with trips.

Your off on the MLB

Play direction  >>>>
..........-3......-1.........2.............
......-4.,,,-2....0.....1.....3.............
..........y..t..g..C..G..T..Y................

Playside

C = O
G = 1
T = 2
Y = 3

Uncovered, Tell your playside teamate your coning to help.  Help playside teamate. 2 on 2
Covered with help from backside teamate. 2 on 2
Covered with no help from backside teamate. 1 on 1.

Backside can be accomplished many ways.  The above is counting with covered / uncovered. 

Matt
What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #110 on: November 09, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
Pendry did a cool clinic where he explained the count method.  Ive misplaced it or lent it out.  It was a very good explinaiton.  Worth the money if your interested in learning more about it.  BTW, Bill and Rich have posted a bunch of material on count. 

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #111 on: November 09, 2011, 10:07:24 PM »
Friday night C.O.O.L. in 2010?

He was pretty good.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline dbsesq

« Reply #112 on: November 10, 2011, 01:03:55 AM »
Your off on the MLB

Play direction  >>>>
..........-3......-1.........2.............
......-4.,,,-2....0.....1.....3.............
..........y..t..g..C..G..T..Y................

Playside

C = O
G = 1
T = 2
Y = 3

Uncovered, Tell your playside teamate your coning to help.  Help playside teamate. 2 on 2
Covered with help from backside teamate. 2 on 2
Covered with no help from backside teamate. 1 on 1.

Backside can be accomplished many ways.  The above is counting with covered / uncovered. 

Matt

Thanks, i can see that.  I will keep playing with the numbers. 

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #113 on: November 10, 2011, 01:33:20 AM »
base it on an even and odd....number of down linemen and it will tell you the adjustment needed if needed.
you can do the same thing in the dtdw, singlewing, ace formation, run and shoot, A-11, or whatever gets your sausage  up.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #114 on: November 10, 2011, 07:05:11 AM »
base it on an even and odd....number of down linemen and it will tell you the adjustment needed if needed.
you can do the same thing in the dtdw, singlewing, ace formation, run and shoot, A-11, or whatever gets your sausage  up.

Z

What do you mean by adjustment based on the # of down lineman?

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #115 on: November 10, 2011, 07:09:13 AM »

Are you confused why the MLB is -1 instead of a 1?

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #116 on: November 10, 2011, 07:11:22 AM »
Friday night C.O.O.L. in 2010?

He was pretty good.

OK 2010.  Thanks.  I thought he was too.  Sounds as if you may have been there?

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2011, 07:41:01 AM »
Z

What do you mean by adjustment based on the # of down lineman?
an odd defense has how many down linemen? who is normall covering the center?
same question with an even front.
with an even front, that being a mlb is over the center, If the mike move  over one of the guards and nobody else moves whats your problem?  Answer is 3 defenders on 2 blockers....... You have to make an adjustment to deal with that.....
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:44:33 AM by zoezachary »

Offline seeindouble

• Silver
  • Defense: 5-3
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2011, 08:41:05 AM »
And to add to what MSL said, as far as counting goes, THERE CAN ONLY BE:
One #0
Two #1s
Two #2s
Two #3s, and so on and so on.

Or another way to look at it is, their has to be a corresponding #ed defender for the C (#0), both Gs (#1s), both Ts (#2s), TEs/and or H-Backs (#3s), and so on and so on... 

Offline dbsesq

« Reply #119 on: November 10, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »
Are you confused why the MLB is -1 instead of a 1?

My understanding is the the A gap defender to the play side would be considered 0.  In the scenario I put up i am thinking it is because they are stacked and the NG would be playing to the Play side A gap.  If i am wrong let me know.