Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38849 times)

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Retired
Re: Monuments
« Reply #135 on: November 12, 2011, 12:43:25 PM »
Heres a 40 front counted.  Hope this helps
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 12:56:31 PM by CoachShad »
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #136 on: November 12, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
Heres a 40 front counted.  Hope this helps
coach shad, or anybody else would you like to tell me how many defenders are over how many blockers?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:00:07 PM by zoezachary »
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Dusty Ol Fart

• Benefactors
  • Platinum
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #137 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »
3 over 3 which goes back to my contention all along, that is, you don't necessarily get the double team blocks with zone blocking.  Neither do you get to align the defense to fit  your offensive alignment.

Numbering merely ensures that everyone is accounted for play side. 

Can you combo the CG and G going to the 1?  Certainly!  But the defense is not stagnant so the G has to know that the Mike is his and be ready to do nothing more than chip the N if the Mike comes down hill.  Furthermore the G needs to get off in time to stop Mikes flow to the ball.   Covered and uncovered with more specific settings. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 01:17:06 PM by CoachShad »
Not MPP... ONE TASK!  Teach them!  :)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #138 on: November 12, 2011, 01:16:58 PM »
3 over 3
their are 3 defenders or 2 blockers correct? so what has to happen? you have to make a call to bring another offensive linemen into the equation.
You cant add the fullback because he cant be right ...especially when you are talking about the mike player.
to add those 3 defenders are going to be responsible for no less than 3 gaps....you have two blocker to defend those 3 gaps.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #139 on: November 12, 2011, 01:26:50 PM »
their are 3 defenders or 2 blockers correct? so what has to happen? you have to make a call to bring another offensive linemen into the equation.
You cant add the fullback because he cant be right ...especially when you are talking about the mike player.
to add those 3 defenders are going to be responsible for no less than 3 gaps....you have two blocker to defend those 3 gaps.

Z

I see three blockers defending three gaps. Three defenders over three blockers.

Its so simple its ridiculous regardless of what riddle you need to throw out next.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2011, 01:29:52 PM »
Coach,

I am sure your wealth of knowledge would be well received on this forum if you stopped trying to put down other coaches.  When another coach doesnt understand what you are trying to convey, you have a tendency to get defensive.  I like to learn and talk about this great game.  Some coaches are willing to share and help ina transparent fashion, no strings attached.  Servant attitude.  Walk the extra mile, to in these cases to explain something.  If I, and the others on this board, are SO dumb, go to a high school website and rub elbows up there.  Otherwise, dum your stuff down for us will ya. 

I ask again.  Please put an entire defense against an entire offense and teach me how to make our Zone offense better.  If you are unable to do this, then STFU.

Matt

Dont sweat it bro....6 pages ago I was told reading LB'rs was unsound...and I still don't know why. Just more riddles was the answer.

I just feel bad for Dave...at least we all have the entire off season to help him come to a level of comfort....hopefully without the continual sidebars.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2011, 01:32:49 PM »

.......................................................................B
.................................................................DT.....N
....................................................................G..C
In this picture? there are 3 defenders (dt,no and B) over two blockers(Guard and Center).
in a count/call system that are associated with zone blocking  you need to make a call to bring in a 3rd blocker or another offensive linemen....in what the big evil nfl guys call a 3 man zone.....

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
Matt

Dont sweat it bro....6 pages ago I was told reading LB'rs was unsound...and I still don't know why. Just more riddles was the answer.

I just feel bad for Dave...at least we all have the entire off season to help him come to a level of comfort....hopefully without the continual sidebars.
you cannot ask your back or qb to read that backer in any system...or in pass.... It simply is unsound. you go ahead though and keep trying.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2011, 01:47:04 PM »
you cannot ask your back or qb to read that backer in any system...or in pass.... It simply is unsound. you go ahead though and keep trying.

Z

Yet many pass blocking rules are cued up by the QB telling his OL where the second level is.  ::)

Just because... is not an answer unless you have tried something and failed.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2011, 01:50:06 PM »
Z

Yet many pass blocking rules are cued up by the QB telling his OL where the second level is.  ::)

Just because... is not an answer unless you have tried something and failed.
i have never used the phrase  just because as I currently aware......
very simply that backer does not  have an established gap responsibility.....No coach worth his salt  says just because....their is a reason for everything........

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2011, 01:52:01 PM »
In this picture? there are 3 defenders (dt,no and B) over two blockers(Guard and Center).
in a count/call system that are associated with zone blocking  you need to make a call to bring in a 3rd blocker or another offensive linemen....in what the big evil nfl guys call a 3 man zone.....

Z

Sure...and why we have asked you more then once to speak in youth terms. That NG can beat that Center to the play side in the NFL half the time...a 10 year old cannot...ever. The NG is backside so that is where he stays....always. If he needs to be chipped by the C to help out the backside...OK. But that's the extent of that.   

Its so simple its ridiculous.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2011, 01:52:50 PM »
i have never used the phrase  just because as I currently aware......
very simply that backer does not  have an established gap responsibility.....No coach worth his salt  says just because....their is a reason for everything........

Z

So give us one !

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2011, 01:55:13 PM »
Z

Sure...and why we have asked you more then once to speak in youth terms. That NG can beat that Center to the play side in the NFL half the time...a 10 year old cannot...ever. The NG is backside so that is where he stays....always. If he needs to be chipped by the C to help out the backside...OK. But that's the extent of that.   

Its so simple its ridiculous.
you are telling me you can teach a qb to read option but cant explain to a d-linemen how to go from point to point B? not even little. No such thing as always until one dies....Just because YOU CANT COACH IT, doesnt mean it cant be done.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2011, 01:55:55 PM »

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2011, 01:58:51 PM »
you are telling me you can teach a qb to read option but cant explain to a d-linemen how to go from point to point B? not even little. No such thing as always until one dies....Just because YOU CANT COACH IT, doesnt mean it cant be done.

Z

I cannot coach a QB to read option....at all. Wouldn't even try. I ran the flexbone once but the gives were calls....no reading.  Twisting is just as difficult to teach the younger kids. I have always wanted to teach a NG the College tilt...and tried...for about a week. Wasn't looking good.

Now stemming works....if you don't get caught by the cadence.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 02:00:42 PM by mahonz »