Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38841 times)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
Re: Monuments
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2011, 01:59:54 PM »
That NG can beat that Center to the play side in the NFL half the time...a 10 year old cannot...ever.

Dude, your league must have worse NGs and better Cs than mine has.  I'd take an NFL C vs. an NFL NG over a youth C vs. a youth NG every time.

Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2011, 02:03:35 PM »
Dude, your league must have worse NGs and better Cs than mine has.  I'd take an NFL C vs. an NFL NG over a youth C vs. a youth NG every time.

Me too !

Im just speaking from my own experiences. Our C is typically a better player on the OL....by design. Until the kids get a bit older the NG is typically a favorite play to hide a player. 
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2011, 02:04:02 PM »
Z

I cannot coach a QB to read option....at all. Wouldn't even try. Twisting is just as difficult to teach the younger kids. I have always wanted to teach a NG the College tilt...and tried...for about a week. Wasn't looking good.

Now stemming works....if you don't get caught by the cadence.
the closer to ball you have your linemen, the better the player is required to be..... same with running gap exchange scheme. if you want to pinch a nose, back him off the ball......or put a stud their....same thing if you want to teach e-t and t-e stunts.....but you have to loosen at least one of those techniqes.... and tighten the other.... Not change the technique but loosen it.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2011, 02:04:49 PM »
give you what?
Z

One straight answer....on anything. And some whys would help. No just becausing ;)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2011, 02:05:53 PM »
Z

One straight answer....on anything. And some whys would help. No just becausing ;)
i have never given you a because...what do you want an answer that i have not given?
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2011, 02:09:59 PM »
the closer to ball you have your linemen, the better the player is required to be..... same with running gap exchange scheme. if you want to pinch a nose, back him off the ball......or put a stud their....same thing if you want to teach e-t and t-e stunts.....but you have to loosen at least one of those techniqes.... and tighten the other.... Not change the technique but loosen it.

Z

Sure...but to loosen means they get caught in the wash because they are not the best athletes... mostly.

Twisting will certainly get the poorly coached teams to chase....I will agree with that.   

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2011, 02:15:39 PM »
i have never given you a because...what do you want an answer that i have not given?

Z

Why reading a LB'r in lieu of the DE to the DT / DG while running OZ is unsound for the youngins'.

Or like SD brought up but was not answered....why read anything with the youngins ?

Also my grandkids are driving me nuts right with this one....

What happens once every minute, twice every moment but never in a thousand years?

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2011, 02:16:33 PM »
Z

Sure...but to loosen means they get caught in the wash because they are not the best athletes... mostly.

Twisting will certainly get the poorly coached teams to chase....I will agree with that.   
you dont just loosen to loosen or twist to twist......you dont twist two wide 3 techniques.... i wouldnt twist a well coached wedge...... But i would gap exchange option if I know you are trying to read my backer.....I lineup a backe r in the c gap and a de in the d- gap, tight, and they would swap assignments.... The read by your qb is already wrong. I would slant a 5 technique all day long if your offensive turn their shoulders, no way they can recover to get to the second level.
Running twist is no different than pulling, you need to elminate push(penetration), the wrapper need to get their NOW(bsg on power) and he needs to get to his landmark....

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2011, 02:41:11 PM »
Z

Why reading a LB'r in lieu of the DE to the DT / DG while running OZ is unsound for the youngins'.

Or like SD brought up but was not answered....why read anything with the youngins ?

Also my grandkids are driving me nuts right with this one....

What happens once every minute, twice every moment but never in a thousand years?
because linebacker in bubble can play games.....Outside zone your back reads the  last down linemen on the los, the defense has reads...if he is a two gapper, he will widen which means the back will go inside... if he is in a wide 9, he is not going inside,the back is inside...its coaching your backs.....why would you not coach your backs?
you are reading something all the time....even if you are running buck sweep...you can teach your back to read the blocking scheme...you dont have to...but when you turn on the film and he runs right into the back of his blocker...you will kick yourself.....or when he runs outsde the and into the contain player for no gain, where if he read the blocking schem he had a 3 yard gain if not more.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2011, 02:43:46 PM »
the letter M....

I have to admit, I cheated and googled it....

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2011, 02:49:58 PM »
the letter M....

I have to admit, I cheated and googled it....

Dang-it...why didn't I think of that... slapping my forehead.  >:(

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2011, 02:52:36 PM »
you dont just loosen to loosen or twist to twist......you dont twist two wide 3 techniques.... i wouldnt twist a well coached wedge...... But i would gap exchange option if I know you are trying to read my backer.....I lineup a backe r in the c gap and a de in the d- gap, tight, and they would swap assignments.... The read by your qb is already wrong. I would slant a 5 technique all day long if your offensive turn their shoulders, no way they can recover to get to the second level.
Running twist is no different than pulling, you need to elminate push(penetration), the wrapper need to get their NOW(bsg on power) and he needs to get to his landmark....

Z

But you have to understand that swapping gap responsibilities and all they hoo hah regardless of who is where what why and how is truly for the experienced player.

Sure…we can coach it….but can they do it. Sometimes yes…sometimes no....and most certainly eventually. But at what expense.  Same with coverage’s….sometimes yes…sometimes no….or pure passing….or even pulling.

Do I concern myself with this while teaching the players on offense….no…because zone negates twists, stems, swaps, sticking, slanting ( why we never turn our shoulders), spiking, hanging, filling, delaying, walkups….and so on. But I will talk about it as a never chase….follow your rules….do your job….if you need a chip then ask your buddy…etc.

It is what it is. If it isn’t working for whatever reason then run trap or speed or pass…or run weak or change the formation…etc. If the DC is in my head...then I have to get him outta there.... :) My kids are counting on it.

That’s my take.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2011, 02:54:58 PM »
Dang-it...why didn't I think of that... slapping my forehead.  >:(
I also have to admit, i would have never gotten that one......
its like the riddle about how do you get 75 with only 3 coins, one of them being a quarter?
I would have never gotten the answer to that one either if somebody hadnt told me.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
Z

But you have to understand that swapping gap responsibilities and all they hoo hah regardless of who is where what why and how is truly for the experienced player.

Sure…we can coach it….but can they do it. Sometimes yes…sometimes no....and most certainly eventually. But at what expense.  Same with coverage’s….sometimes yes…sometimes no….or pure passing….or even pulling.

Do I concern myself with this while teaching the players on offense….no…because zone negates twists, stems, swaps, sticking, slanting ( why we never turn our shoulders), spiking, hanging, filling, delaying, walkups….and so on. But I will talk about it as a never chase….follow your rules….do your job….if you need a chip then ask your buddy…etc.

It is what it is. If it isn’t working for whatever reason then run trap or speed or pass…or run weak or change the formation…etc. If the DC is in my head...then I have to get him outta there.... :) My kids are counting on it.

That’s my take.
  coach the game is not nearly as difficult as I see a lot of people making it.
I think its important that your players know why they are following these rules, or why they dont chase? why did you change the formation?
coach I strongly advise, regardless of what you think will help you at the youth level, to get the gibbs, mcnally dvds....I kid you not, they will blow head clean off.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
  coach the game is not nearly as difficult as I see a lot of people making it.
I think its important that your players know why they are following these rules, or why they dont chase? why did you change the formation?
coach I strongly advise, regardless of what you think will help you at the youth level, to get the gibbs, mcnally dvds....I kid you not, they will blow head clean off.

Z

I have them....well they are older so I dont know if there are any new revelations. Plus a few others that I cant think of off the top of my head. Plus numerous posts that I have saved. At the end of the day you have to start somewhere.

DeLoene speaks to me more....so Im a DeLeone guy I suppose.

Football is difficult. I dont think any of us can ever change that. Otherwise all systems would be the same. How boring that would be.