Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38871 times)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
Re: Monuments
« Reply #180 on: November 19, 2011, 12:40:00 PM »
Z,

So this is the secret info?  I still dont get what you are saying?  Have you ever coached zone, or are you just going by what some pro coach has said on a DVD?
its not a secret....i have told anybody who will listen where to find this information. I am sure you dont understand, I am sorry you dont, I am not going to try to explain  it to you again. not going to tell you where to find it again........good luck.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #181 on: November 19, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
Well, thanks for trying i guess.  Just saying we dont make these secret adjustments.  We ran zone and went by covered uncovered along with count.  Adding anything to that, it had better be crystal clear or the boys are going to get confused.  I am confused by what you are saying.  2 on 3, a stud nose, MLB.  All thats fine, but the reality is there are x amount of gaps and they normally have that same number defenders in the box.  If more, we throw, if less we push the run.  Im sure your threories have merit, i just cant find it.  Im not sure you coach zone though. 
What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #182 on: November 19, 2011, 01:41:24 PM »
Well, thanks for trying i guess.  Just saying we dont make these secret adjustments.  We ran zone and went by covered uncovered along with count.  Adding anything to that, it had better be crystal clear or the boys are going to get confused.  I am confused by what you are saying.  2 on 3, a stud nose, MLB.  All thats fine, but the reality is there are x amount of gaps and they normally have that same number defenders in the box.  If more, we throw, if less we push the run.  Im sure your threories have merit, i just cant find it.  Im not sure you coach zone though.
ITS NOT A SECRET. I coach inside veer. that is not a secret either.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #183 on: November 19, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Hmmm. ::)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #184 on: November 19, 2011, 01:46:11 PM »

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #185 on: November 19, 2011, 01:46:59 PM »
first unsound fb was good for the kids, then it was because you couldnt coach the line? yes we have tried it, and we tried to turn into a sweep, find the right back, blah blah, blah it was a miserable failure.... on top of not listening to people who knew, we tried to mix it with inside veer, our version of the wing t, shotgun but....not without a descenting voice. we are now 2-7.........

coach,
can you do me a drawing of a 4-3 defense? like the one you did of my drawing?
4-3 defined as both guard  and tackles  and the and his imaginary counterpart other side covered. the mike is over the center sam and will over the  real and imaginary te?  then tell me who zero is? and 1,2, and 3 to each side please?

And aparently alot of other schemes but not zone??? 

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #186 on: November 19, 2011, 01:51:40 PM »

And aparently alot of other schemes but not zone???
definitely not the way to get somebody to help you. Good luck!

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #187 on: November 19, 2011, 01:53:37 PM »
definitely not the way to get somebody to help you. Good luck!

PLEASE dont take this the wrong way:  You dont know what your talking about. 

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2011, 01:55:10 PM »
PLEASE dont take this the wrong way:  You dont know what your talking about.
good luck m!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2011, 02:45:13 PM »
Z,

So this is the secret info?  I still dont get what you are saying?  Have you ever coached zone, or are you just going by what some pro coach has said on a DVD?

Matt

Since this discussion went sideways I took the time to dig up my zone materials. Im sure there is more but this is just my library. Since Im starting over with the Super Smurfs I hadn’t planned on getting back on the old zone horse for a couple years….but now that we cant discuss anything openly without the ridiculous side bars….

My rating system for youth coaches ( 2nd grade –8th grade ) that would like to run zone schemes considering the dumb down factors we all face. These Coaches have info available for the masses-

Gibbs- F

McNally – C

Wilmesher – B

DeLeone- B

Mountjoy- B

Pope- B

No one gets an A because none of these coaches are in the trenches with adolescents. If they were Im sure they would struggle year one and then be fine. Just my opinion.

Gibbs is so far and away removed when it comes to what kids can accomplish fundamentally its ridiculous although his presentations are riveting….he sucks in paper coaches like Zoe. Understandable. Gibbs is passionate about what he teaches and wants others to give it a go. He is worth listening to but as the end all.

McNally is too willy nilly for me because he isn’t dealing with the literal mind every day. His teachings are more about playing football. First, you must learn how to play football.

The rest are more specific but at the same time more flexible IMO. That is the ONLY way you can teach adolescents anything since we cant cut and find players to do EXACTALY what is required. Gibbs….if he needed something specific ….he got it eventually. Just had to go to the boss and tell em.

The best way to learn zone at the youth level is by starting a thread right here and discussing with coaches that actually do or have done this with adolescents…You, Scott, Rich, Me, Joe…and  others that occasionally chime in but are probably not interested in jousting with Zoe over every written word.

So… until Zoe learns to be more diplomatic then others will probably shy away.  Too bad really, he has become bad for business. I am interested in how things went for you as far as counting....probably best to do that off line.  :(
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2011, 03:08:58 PM »
Matt

Since this discussion went sideways I took the time to dig up my zone materials. Im sure there is more but this is just my library. Since Im starting over with the Super Smurfs I hadn’t planned on getting back on the old zone horse for a couple years….but now that we cant discuss anything openly without the ridiculous side bars….

My rating system for youth coaches ( 2nd grade –8th grade ) that would like to run zone schemes considering the dumb down factors we all face. These Coaches have info available for the masses-

Gibbs- F

McNally – C

Wilmesher – B

DeLeone- B

Mountjoy- B

Pope- B

No one gets an A because none of these coaches are in the trenches with adolescents. If they were Im sure they would struggle year one and then be fine. Just my opinion.

Gibbs is so far and away removed when it comes to what kids can accomplish fundamentally its ridiculous although his presentations are riveting….he sucks in paper coaches like Zoe. Understandable. Gibbs is passionate about what he teaches and wants others to give it a go. He is worth listening to but as the end all.

McNally is too willy nilly for me because he isn’t dealing with the literal mind every day. His teachings are more about playing football. First, you must learn how to play football.

The rest are more specific but at the same time more flexible IMO. That is the ONLY way you can teach adolescents anything since we cant cut and find players to do EXACTALY what is required. Gibbs….if he needed something specific ….he got it eventually. Just had to go to the boss and tell em.

The best way to learn zone at the youth level is by starting a thread right here and discussing with coaches that actually do or have done this with adolescents…You, Scott, Rich, Me, Joe…and  others that occasionally chime in but are probably not interested in jousting with Zoe over every written word.

So… until Zoe learns to be more diplomatic then others will probably shy away.  Too bad really, he has become bad for business. I am interested in how things went for you as far as counting....probably best to do that off line.  :(
MIKE, i was as diplomatic as I could be, and I tried to explain it as best I could. I failed. Having said that, He has no buisness addressing me the way he did, and i chose to respond the way I did. As for your little rant? nobody, NOBODY makes more bogus assumptions based on nothing more than jealousy, hatred, envy, stupidity, ignorance or whatever word that fits in that category than you. none. It certainly is not based on viewing, or actual know how.......

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2011, 03:27:08 PM »
Diplomatic is your middle name right Z

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #192 on: November 19, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »
Diplomatic is your middle name right Z
3-2=?????

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #193 on: November 19, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
3-2=?????

simplified:

-
                      _____
                     ????????

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #194 on: November 19, 2011, 03:46:28 PM »
3-2=?????

This has gone on long enough.  Z, I took offense to your communication methods to myself and other coaches.  I dont agree with some of your thoughts.  Regardless, I hold you harmless and look forward to reading your posts in the future.