Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38880 times)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
Re: Monuments
« Reply #240 on: November 21, 2011, 01:32:58 PM »
I still prefer the 3, I feel it allows them to transition forward momentum better and keeps them low. 

Plus that's what I was always taught, don't want to add anything else, to our book, but i see it can be done
I believe everything fits together.... for the most part.........its just figuring out what goes first....
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #241 on: November 21, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
I believe everything fits together.... for the most part.........its just figuring out what goes first....

I beleive you, I just have that "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality. 
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2011, 01:43:04 PM »
I beleive you, I just have that "if it aint broke dont fix it" mentality.

R

Nothing wrong with that.  :)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #243 on: November 21, 2011, 01:45:21 PM »
Plus you know where it's coming from, I follow what Bill says to the T.

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #244 on: November 21, 2011, 02:04:03 PM »
"staggered feet help pass pro, but hurt the run game.
Used a staggered 2-point stance for years with youth/middle/high school ball.  Didn't hurt our run game at all.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #245 on: November 21, 2011, 02:07:47 PM »
Used a staggered 2-point stance for years with youth/middle/high school ball.  Didn't hurt our run game at all.

--Dave
it may not hurt you,  but with that outside leg  way back  as far back as some of them get, it makes cod awful hard  and contains wasteful movement, if you minimize the stagger than i can see where it would be ok......

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #246 on: November 21, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

--Dave

Dave, how much of a stagger?
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Roden10

• Bronze
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #247 on: November 21, 2011, 03:33:15 PM »
it may not hurt you,  but with that outside leg  way back  as far back as some of them get, it makes cod awful hard  and contains wasteful movement, if you minimize the stagger than i can see where it would be ok......

Coach Potter doesn't teach the outside foot back and the backfoot toe is even with the front foot heel. Correct me if I'm wrong Dave.
Tim

If your feet aren't moving, you're not blocking!

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #248 on: November 21, 2011, 06:42:49 PM »
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2011, 11:12:46 AM »
"Coach Potter doesn't teach the outside foot back and the backfoot toe is even with the front foot heel. Correct me if I'm wrong Dave."
We drop the inside foot.  Inside toe is betwween the outside foot's heel and instep.  This stance pivots the hips inward towards the Center, which results in a quicker forming Wedge, faster pulling and downblocking.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #250 on: November 24, 2011, 07:27:30 AM »
What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline Michael

• Diamond
« Reply #251 on: November 24, 2011, 07:36:41 AM »
Michael

Short video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0I7_zuWtek&feature=player_embedded

Thanks.

That's definitely different from the way we do it.  We try to keep the head out of it.  We want to be looking up at the defender's eyes.  Ideally, that keeps our head up, our body centered, and our hips low and forward.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #252 on: November 24, 2011, 12:12:24 PM »
Thanks.

That's definitely different from the way we do it.  We try to keep the head out of it.  We want to be looking up at the defender's eyes.  Ideally, that keeps our head up, our body centered, and our hips low and forward.
if you watch that video mike, you can see exactly gibbs is talking about when you are covered and have no help......you can see the defender falling off inside.........

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #253 on: November 30, 2011, 08:20:50 AM »
mike I ran through  boudreau  cool clinic speech from 11' I think...anyways. If you pay attention he actually articulates gibb bottom line run game.

Offline CoachRCPT

• Copper
  • Defense: 4-4 Stack
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »
sorry, not trying to confuse you.when your linemen come off the ball, have them keep their hands down....they cannot rise up.....

3 point is fine.....i dont care about that as much as some.....

Also, try talking to your conditioning guys.  The traditional lifts (squat, DL, cleans) are great and all to build strength, but they condition the athlete to come up. On the Oline, we don't want them coming up, but out. 

If you can work functional training into their off season workouts, it helps condition them to go out and we don't have to add additional things to remember or change stances. Just some advice I got from a college guy who is a zone OL coach.