Author Topic: Monuments  (Read 38858 times)

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Other
Re: Monuments
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 07:44:33 AM »
Matt

How did your season go....or is going?

Mike

Going Good.  Got a good group of boys!!!

They won the Championship 2 weeks ago.  Went 9-0 scoring 290-27.  Playing in a Tourney of Champions this weekend. 

How are things going for you guys?

Matt
What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 01:07:44 PM »
Mike

Going Good.  Got a good group of boys!!!

They won the Championship 2 weeks ago.  Went 9-0 scoring 290-27.  Playing in a Tourney of Champions this weekend. 

How are things going for you guys?

Matt

Matt

That is a great season. I didnt coach this year but was the film guy for my oldest gransons team. I needed a break. I ran a thread " Grandpas Take" that includes the good, the bad and yes they had some ugly.  :) Its in
the General Section when you get a chance.

Good luck this weekend.  8)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2011, 05:30:52 PM »
it has nothing to do with reading linebacker....zero...nadda...zip....fooling linebacker is not the point....

z

There are some very successful youth coaches teaching their rbs to read the LBs on IZ.  MHCOACH is one of them.  Very interesting to hear his line coach talk about how they do it.  Hard for me to grasp actually.  Many ways to skin a cat you know.

I gather you are a Gibbs disciple.  I love his stuff too. 

Later,

matt
What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2011, 09:48:25 PM »
z

There are some very successful youth coaches teaching their rbs to read the LBs on IZ.  MHCOACH is one of them.  Very interesting to hear his line coach talk about how they do it.  Hard for me to grasp actually.  Many ways to skin a cat you know.

Later,

matt
reading linebacker in the run game is tricky.....can do it with vanilla defenses, but vs somebody who knows what you are doing, its to tricky.
i just think gibbs version of zone blocking is simple......as I have tried to explain many times, it just makes to much sense and more than anybody else.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 09:26:51 AM »
reading linebacker in the run game is tricky.....can do it with vanilla defenses, but vs somebody who knows what you are doing, its to tricky.
i just think gibbs version of zone blocking is simple......as I have tried to explain many times, it just makes to much sense and more than anybody else.

Z

Please explain the LB'r thing...in youth terms. I was watching KU's LB'r vs OSU....our second graders played better.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 09:54:29 AM »
Z

Please explain the LB'r thing...in youth terms. I was watching KU's LB'r vs OSU....our second graders played better.
here is my example.
on defense to the strong side, I have a 3 tech, a 7 tech. a 40 sam linebacker.a strong safety at 7 yards depth 3 yards outside the te and a shaded nose weak with a stacked mike. which gap does the sam backer have?
This isnt a 3 tech or 9 tech. Just because the lineback voids what appears to be his gap responsibility does not mean that gap is open.
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline davecisar

• Platinum
    • Winning Youth Football Coaching Site
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »
z

Later,

matt

MH Coach is a good friend of mine
Some years (8th grade) he doesnt run zone
The team of his I watched DIDNT run zone= because they didnt have a back who could run zone- mind you he was last years AYF Coach of the Year and has won MANY National Championships- he knows how to coach it
However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.

Winston Churchill

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 10:23:23 AM »
here is my example.
on defense to the strong side, I have a 3 tech, a 7 tech. a 40 sam linebacker.a strong safety at 7 yards depth 3 yards outside the te and a shaded nose weak with a stacked mike. which gap does the sam backer have?
This isnt a 3 tech or 9 tech. Just because the lineback voids what appears to be his gap responsibility does not mean that gap is open.

...and....why do we care? Sam is still the read. Odd techs=no muddy reads so its giddy up time for the OL. Right?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 11:25:05 AM by mahonz »

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 10:32:01 AM »
...and....why do we care? Sam is still the read. Odd techs=no muddy reads so its giddy up time for the OL. Right?
7  tech is inside shade of the te.....in my book. i will let you redraw the pic first.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 10:38:03 AM »
but even in that pic? if I slant the end inside, your back will bounce right into my ss and my sam.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »
7  tech is inside shade of the te.....in my book. i will let you redraw the pic first.

Z

Fixed.

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 11:36:15 AM »
but even in that pic? if I slant the end inside, your back will bounce right into my ss and my sam.

...why wouldnt the TE attempt to pick up Sam and the FB attempty to pick up the SS?...since there is no edge defender.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 11:59:58 AM »
delete...saw you fixed the pic and appropriately responed.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 12:22:46 PM by zoezachary »

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 12:21:59 PM »
...why wouldnt the TE attempt to pick up Sam and the FB attempty to pick up the SS?...since there is no edge defender.
you trying to make it a sweep, which it isnt, it off tackle play.
A 7 tech sees the ot releasing to him, whats he going to do? he will grab the te and hold his water. the tackle has to overtake he cant just release to the second level. the 3 tech see the guard reach? he will stay in the b gap. c and b gaps are covered. the te and t and guard are not getting to the second level. the center is covered with mike stacked. the center cant just release to the mike...as he has to allow time for the bsg to make up ground. and in this defense the nose has the backside A gap. the center will get grabbed. I have two free bakers. The strong safety has d gap but will force the play to cut back into  the 7 tech........the linebackers frontside A gap (the 40 sam whom their is no blocker) and backside b( the stacked mike. the minute your back opens to the butt of the te, you are in trouble....

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 12:37:04 PM »
you cant read linebackers.....in my picture, your bounce is outleverage and you cut back into the very player you say you are reading.