Author Topic: Youth oneback offense video playbook  (Read 7140 times)

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Other
Re: Youth oneback offense video playbook
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2011, 06:07:06 PM »
Couple sugestions if you dont mind bud

1) Inside Zone Cutback clip, you are running it to the Red side, we ONLY run it to the white, but he made a nice read. 

I played around with the red white a little, but not nearly as much as i should.  Next year i will.

2) Outside Zone clip Y and OT combo.  Y should rip inside out on the EMOL, while the OT works to overtake, Y then takes the next defender inside - The back has to read the hat of the EMOL on stretch, if the DE (in this case) stretches with the Doubleteam by the TE and OT, he cuts up inside it

We plain failed with teaching our Tackles what to do when uncovered.  On film I always made notes, in practice we didnt rep it enough.  Usually we repped the Tackle ripping through a DT and the Guard overtaking.  When the DT dropped down to a 3 he just went to any backer.  Will be fun studying it this offseason and then reteaching it next summer.  Having a year of experience will help. 

Kell, I love that you're willing to watch our team and show me where we can get better, I appreciate it.  That goes for any coach, whether or not you zone.  Got a lot of experience on this board. 

What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2011, 06:08:21 PM »
AWESOME!
And I agree with your post comparing your kids musical experience to football, you're right, it's a JOURNEY, it's a PROCESS.
And I concur, ENJOY IT while it's here, because their's no "do overs" when it comes down to watching your kids grow.
And it's refreshing to see a coach ask for critique after posting the numbers that you posted, I get sick of certain coaches acting like their "stuff don't stink" if they were to achieve numbers like those.
But anyways, good stuff man, keep doing what you're doing, keep getting better...

Thanks Coach

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
Drives me freakin' insane.

I am all over my guys in team if I see their head move on pass plays when the ball comes out, and on run plays if they let up when the runner gets tackled but the whistle hasn't blown yet, because in both cases, it means they are looking at the ball.

I tell them that if the ball rolls in front of them while they are blocking, fall on it.  Otherwise, don't worry about the freakin' football.

I should probably mention to them that if they are blocking and someone on the other team runs by with the football, they should try to tackle him.

Funny stuff.   :)

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »
Funny stuff.   :)

All true, though.  :)

We don't even care where the hole is supposed to be.  All that matters to me is run or pass, and left, middle, or right.

I joined our program two games into last season and I never even bothered to learn the plays.  Horrifying as this might sound, I don't know the hole numbers, I don't know the back numbers, and I don't know the formations.  In team, if I wanted to know before the play where it was going, I'd ask one of my linemen.

So when I say I don't like my linemen worrying about the football, I really, really mean that I don't like my linemen worrying about the football.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2011, 07:09:24 PM »

Always,  that's what coaches are supposed to do.   
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2011, 07:25:22 AM »
All true, though.  :)

We don't even care where the hole is supposed to be.  All that matters to me is run or pass, and left, middle, or right.
So when I say I don't like my linemen worrying about the football, I really, really mean that I don't like my linemen worrying about the football.

Makes sense for "base" type runs.  For gap scheme would you still use this thinking? 

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2011, 08:32:07 AM »
We only have one scheme.  Center "calls the nose" and then everyone counts to find his man.

Then everyone steps across, if necessary, to turn his block into an ON block.

No double teams.

At least, that's what we did last year, and that's the plan, right now, for next year.

Only having to teach one block makes teaching technique a lot easier, I think.

We try to beat you with technique and aggression.  Our scheme is just a way to make sure we get the right five, six, or seven guys blocked with the O-Line.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline ZACH

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Defense: 10-1
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 09:27:04 PM »
I'll PM you about how I do it

Can i get a look too coach?
"Some athletes have division 1 dreams and jv work ethic" - random