Author Topic: OZ tech on BS  (Read 890 times)

Offline belebuch

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Other
  • Title: Other
OZ tech on BS
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:31:09 AM »
Just playin with the whole Zone deal in my head and i was wondering have any of you ever done a OZ technique On the BS of your IZ? Have the T take over for the G so he can become a lead blocker of sorts on the backside LB. I think this would stretch the hole more.

Thoughts? Am i off my rocker here? Lol

Offline coachmsl

• Copper
    • Youtube
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 4-4 Split
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Other
Re: OZ tech on BS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:05:13 PM »
Just playin with the whole Zone deal in my head and i was wondering have any of you ever done a OZ technique On the BS of your IZ? Have the T take over for the G so he can become a lead blocker of sorts on the backside LB. I think this would stretch the hole more.

Thoughts? Am i off my rocker here? Lol

We do it similar to what your describing. 

If the Center is covered, BS Guard is scooping with him regardless of Defender alignment bs.  We tell the guard to "bucket overtake", and if the noseguard disappears playside, go to backer.

The Tackle is going to bucket and 'seal' or 'overtake', depending on defensive structure. 

If there is a TE or H, he does exactly what the tackle does, leaving the contain man unblocked (accounted for by boot action).

This is OZ techinque for us.  We do this on all plays backside.  On TRAP, POWER & COUNTER the bs guard pulls with the Center blocking "down, on".

What makes the grass grow?...........BLOOD!