Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61762 times)

Offline coach.Z

• Copper
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Assistant
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #120 on: September 25, 2012, 12:39:58 AM »
Got our first real test of the year as we went against a team undefeated and never scored on, same as us... 2 kickoffs and two plays later, each team had given up their first score of they year.  Trailed 19 to 18 at half, but held them scoreless in the second half to win 31 to 19.  I have never been a part of a more disciplined or gutsy group of players... astounding for 7 and 8 year olds!

Offline Popcoach11

• Copper
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #121 on: September 27, 2012, 09:49:51 AM »
Week 5....we are 5-0

Beat a long time rival who usually fields very good teams. This was a good, big, discilines team and we just stuck to our game plan and pulled out a 34-14 win. Earned this one for sure. In the 2nd half, after every tackle, their kids just layed there, waiting for a coach or medic to come.check on them. I ran out 3 times to check on their guys and heard the kids say, "they hit too hard coach"

Qb went out at start of 3rd qtr.....someone stepped on his hand, so my FB went to QB, WB went to FB. They couldnt stop our ISO or Power, so 2nd half was pond the rock, no passing at all.

On O
FB had 106 yds 2 Tds, 3 rec 40 yds
HB had 14 carries 87 yds 2 rec 17 yds 1 Td
TE 2 rec 32 yds 2 tds
QB 10 carries 71 yds , 7-9 89 yds 3 tds

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #122 on: September 29, 2012, 07:11:27 AM »
Last night we played a team we had never beaten in school history. They in a higher classification then us, & traditionally  whipped us pretty good. They were 0-4 comming in, we were 4-0. They suit 44 we 22. The paper had us favored by 12, it was also the game of the week for a local TV station. Their coach did an excellent job scouting us & had his team ready for our spread. It's funny they did all the things I said I would against us. This year that's not enough, we actually have answers. 43-7 worth of answers, & not for some the shadiest calls I have seen in years it would have been a lot worse. Our freshman LT was called 6 times for lining up over the ball, film shows he wasn't. We had 4 15 yders for blows to the head when no helmet contact was made. There was 6 phantom holding calls, twice on numbers we don't even have. I was so thrilled that our players kept their heads & mouth's shut. It was ugly. Those that know me, know I never complain about officiating. Last night was just horrible.

The offense actually preformed at an icredibly high level, even with all the yards we lost on penalties. Our sophmore QB was 7/10 & about 170 yds(I am doing the official stats now). Our backs dominated even with 9 & 10 in the box & blitzes from everywhere. The Oline is growing up blocking bigger bodies & some quicker players.

I will take 5 minutes to enjoy this 1, now comes our District foe another team we have never beaten. Last season we scored to go ahead with 1:28 to go, & they came back & scored with 22 seconds left in the game. Thank god this is this season we actually have some players that can tackle. Our D has been stellar. The only TD we have given up this season was last night. Our freshman CB all 5'1" & 106 lbs blew a coverage on their 6'4" WR.

Our new kicker was stellar. She hit 4/5 pat's(1 bad snap) & kicked a 30 yd FG. Having a girl on the team is awesome, she is a soccer player who should get a schollarship for soccer & has several offers on the table. Her brother is the freshman CB 7 holder. We laugh because he always makes perfect hold for her( I think he's afraid she will kick his butt otherwise). All in all a good night, now back to stats & getting ready for film this morning.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #123 on: September 29, 2012, 07:29:10 AM »
Win las night  brings us to 4-1 on the season

http://www.phillyburbs.com/sports/high_school/courier/vikings-stand-tall-to-top-o-hara/article_19a31a28-8763-5bc8-afef-d9be3921045d.html

For the Locals We will be on Comcast again next week sat as we face, powerhouse St. Joes Prep Sat Oct 5 at 7 PM, if you wish to attend the game will be held at Plymouth Whitemarsh HS 
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2012, 09:59:43 AM »
Joe - great job.  Amazing that you were able to score 43 points in a game where you got 150 yds in phantom penalties against an opponent in a higher size classification.  Well done.  I knew you were looking at the girl soccer player as a kicker, but I didn't know you actually brought her on the team and made her the kicker.  That must be a pretty big story in your area.  Good luck this coming week.  I think your schedule is going to start getting a little more challenging, although I'm sure you're up to it.

Rich - well done.  It's more important how you finish than how you start.  Sounds like your team dominated from the second quarter goal line stand on.  Congrats!

Offline belebuch

• Platinum
  • Defense: Killer Bee
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2012, 02:35:05 PM »
Won today 18-0. Scored on our first 3 plays then the backups wedged it out as the defense pitched a shutout. They had 2 firstdowns the whole game. Our backups fumbled the ball a few times in what became a mudfest.
Home opener this week vs a team we owe from the preseason

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2012, 03:40:39 PM »
Won today 18-0. Scored on our first 3 plays then the backups wedged it out as the defense pitched a shutout. They had 2 firstdowns the whole game. Our backups fumbled the ball a few times in what became a mudfest.
Home opener this week vs a team we owe from the preseason
Congrats coach!!  You're 2-0 now, right?  Good way to start the season.  Keep it rolling.

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2012, 03:42:59 PM »
Doug

Thank you my friend! I know you doing a great job in a new situation.

We had 639 yds of total offense, it was unreal. Looking at film this morning even I was impressed. Our TB rushed for 303 yds on 26 carries. We had an NFL Star in attendance, his son had 9 carries for 87 yds, 4 rec for 144, 2 comp. for another 44 yds. All in all it was a blast.

This week is huge for us, we play the team that has historicaly won the district. Last season we scored to go ahead with 1:28 left in the game. They drove down & won with 22 seconds to go. I was destroyed, offensively we should have scored 3 more times but our QB killed us. I am so excited I can't wait.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline belebuch

• Platinum
« Reply #128 on: September 29, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
Congrats coach!!  You're 2-0 now, right?  Good way to start the season.  Keep it rolling.

Thanks Coach. Yep 2-0

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #129 on: September 29, 2012, 05:00:15 PM »
Official writeups of previous games are here.

Today our Saints lost to Balsamo's Funeral Home Javelins 6-0 very frustratingly while some of us were looking more ahead to next week.  The Javelins did not show the propensity to pass that they had in the previous 2 games.  Instead on their first possession they started about a 70 yd. drive that consisted mostly of dives & crossbucks by their 2 big RBs, with a few wide runs mixed in, culminating in a TD -- their 1st score of the season -- that stood up the rest of the game.  We had threatened, and continued to threaten, numerous times with a varied offense, but penalties called back a TD pass and snuffed several drives.  No mouth guard or coach-on-field penalties this time, but our guys showed the same difficulty as they had in practice the previous week just staying set for the snap, and we had some difficulty we hadn't seen before with substitutions.  No bad snaps, but late in the game QB Kenyette took his eyes off the snap when he saw an OLB blitzing him.  The Javelins never threatened again, but they never had to as it turned out.  We had outstanding plays on both sides of the ball -- I don't know how CB Anthony is able to cover the receiver from how he lines up, but he does -- yet weren't able to string them together for a score.

In the late game the Rams beat the Black Knights 26-0, so we're now in 3rd place at 1-2 behind the Javelins 1-1-1.

We're 1/3 of the way thru the season, the rest of it being repeats of those 3 matchups in order, in our triple round robin format.  We start over with the Rams next week, and I must admit that I considered the Javelins too lightly as a way to try ourselves out before getting another shot at the Rams.

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
« Reply #130 on: September 29, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »
Well we just won a game that we probably shouldn't have. 24 - 18 This team beat a team that beat us, but we pulled it out thanks to a really great run at the end. That kid broke 3 tackles.

Our defense still looks pretty bad, but we only gave up 2 touch downs because one of our touch downs was on a kick off. And we shut them down 2nd half. They were killing us all game on the off tackle, and one of our DTs was getting blown up all game long. Unfortunately we had one of our DTs out, otherwise this would have been a much easier game.

Offline belebuch

• Platinum
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2012, 07:19:40 PM »
A win is a win coach

Good job

Offline Tripwire

• Silver
  • Defense: Wide Tackle 6
  • Offense: Double Wing
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2012, 07:37:26 PM »
40-0 in a terrible contest.  We were at the 28 point mercy rule before the start of the 2nd quarter.

I knew it was going to be rough for the other team when the opposing coach came up to me before the game and said they were going to ask for a running clock as soon as it was 20-0.  They were just really, really bad.  I was running guys at FB once it was 28-0 that have never run the ball in their lives and a line that was just kids who had never played there ever and we were getting 5 yards a carry.  Not even the wedge.  Just regular fb dives.

Hate those kind of games.  No one learns anything.  Anyway, 6-0 now with 2 more to go in our conference.  Last game of the regular season should be our first real test which stinks.
Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
« Reply #133 on: September 29, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »
A win is a win coach

Good job
Thanks Coach.

Offline Roden10

• Bronze
« Reply #134 on: September 29, 2012, 08:51:41 PM »
Won 28-0 today. We are 4-0 so far. We beat a team last week 35-0 and it could have been a lot worse. That team beat the team we play next week 42-0. I am moving everyone around before hand. New QB and running backs. I am putting our running backs on the line.  It should be an interesting game. I think their best player broke his leg in todays game and they didn't have too many kids to begin with. So at this point I'm not even sure we will have a game next week. This is our best start ever. But so far we really haven't had much competition.
Tim

If your feet aren't moving, you're not blocking!