Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61729 times)

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Assistant
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #300 on: November 03, 2012, 07:24:26 PM »
the other team has the option of taking out 5 players on offense or defense when they are down by more than 18 points.
You mean they specify which of your players sit, total of 5?

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Spread Formation
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #301 on: November 03, 2012, 09:02:05 PM »
Well we just lost our league Championship Game  "Rocky Bowl"   in overtime 14-22  for our first loss of the season.  Tough loss for our kids, I'm mentally exhausted.  Good season (10-1). 

I taken allot away from this season and this board.   It was the first year our community has fielded a "10-11 age"  team in the Rocky Bowl  so the whole community was there must have been 2 or 3 to 1 in fan difference, because their team has won it pretty much every other year.

Game could have gone either way comes down to inches in a game like this one call one way or the other,  one penalty one way or the other might have made a difference.    I know if I would have a bit more game day experience we could have pulled it out but rack it up to experience.  I'm not going to be able to watch this film for awhile.     
Shawnm:

Congratulations on a great season!!  I've been following your team all season and you did a great job.  I know it's tough right now, but once you get over the pain of the loss, you'll realize how much your kids got out of this season and what a special experience it was for them to go further and accomplish more than they ever had before.  You have much to be proud of - keep your head up.

Offline angalton

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: Killer Bee
  • Offense: Wishbone
« Reply #302 on: November 03, 2012, 09:19:56 PM »
Got it handed to us today. 25-13. They dominated both o line and d line
. Kids never quit so of that I am very proud. We are dropped to lower bracket of play offs. We should have been alot more prepared and thats on me
The greatest accomplishment is not in never failing, but in rising again after you fail.

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #303 on: November 04, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Win in round 1 of the playoffs 54-28
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #304 on: November 04, 2012, 08:47:43 AM »
Rich

Great job!

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2012, 08:53:57 AM »
Rich

Great job!

Joe

Thanks Joe, as A RB coach, VERY pleased
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Offline Pantherlinecoach

• Bronze
  • If at first you dont succeed, skydiving is not 4 U
  • Defense: 6-2
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2012, 09:35:27 AM »
won our round 1 playoff game 40-6.  to win championship we must beat the two teams who beat us in regular season. wouldnt have it any other way.

Offline shawnm

• Copper
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:54 AM »
Shawnm:

Congratulations on a great season!!  I've been following your team all season and you did a great job.  I know it's tough right now, but once you get over the pain of the loss, you'll realize how much your kids got out of this season and what a special experience it was for them to go further and accomplish more than they ever had before.  You have much to be proud of - keep your head up.

Coach Doug,   Greatly appreciated,  younger coaches like myself have gained more than you'll ever know guys like you and Dave C, Dave P, DC, Gregory, MHCoach  and countless others on this board.   Your post the other day on your incredible championship game makes you remember what it is all about (the kids).   You have helped countless kids have more enjoyable football experience.   Maybe this off season I'll start studying the passing thread a little closer, I'm always amazed at your teams ability to throw the ball.   

Offline mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2012, 10:59:08 AM »
Well we just lost our league Championship Game  "Rocky Bowl"   in overtime 14-22  for our first loss of the season.  Tough loss for our kids, I'm mentally exhausted.  Good season (10-1). 

I taken allot away from this season and this board.   It was the first year our community has fielded a "10-11 age"  team in the Rocky Bowl  so the whole community was there must have been 2 or 3 to 1 in fan difference, because their team has won it pretty much every other year.

Game could have gone either way comes down to inches in a game like this one call one way or the other,  one penalty one way or the other might have made a difference.    I know if I would have a bit more game day experience we could have pulled it out but rack it up to experience.  I'm not going to be able to watch this film for awhile.     

S

Great Season !

Take a step back and dont let in gnaw at you. I've won plenty of these games and lost plenty as well. You will be 10 times the coach next season for the experience alone. This off season will be highly productive for you and your Banquet is going to be a blast.  ;)
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2012, 12:19:22 PM »
You mean they specify which of your players sit, total of 5?
Yup. It's one of our mercy rules, but they can only do it for offense or defense. Normally I really like the rule because it makes the game really fair without those players, but unfortunately they took out one of our 2nd string kids this week, so he didn't get to play running back. That was kind of unfortunate for him.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
« Reply #310 on: November 04, 2012, 01:00:38 PM »
Yup. It's one of our mercy rules, but they can only do it for offense or defense.
But not a combination of both adding up to 5?  So all 5 have to come from either an O or D squad?  Interesting.

Offline shawnm

• Copper
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #311 on: November 04, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
S

Great Season !

Take a step back and dont let in gnaw at you. I've won plenty of these games and lost plenty as well. You will be 10 times the coach next season for the experience alone. This off season will be highly productive for you and your Banquet is going to be a blast.  ;)

M

Thanks

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
« Reply #312 on: November 04, 2012, 06:58:40 PM »
We lost 32 - 16 in a fiasco.  We finished 10 -1. 

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.   We did everything you shouldn't do in every way from preparation to game day coaching.

100% coaches loss.   They were very talented and well coached, they had a great game plan and beat us in every way we could be beaten.   Their coaches deserve great credit for how they played.

We came out with a whole new scheme for the week with new plays and blocking on a light practice week filled with so many distractions I can't even list them.

It was garbage.     Just a perfect storm of crap from beginning to end in all facets of the game - defense, special teams and offense.

I'm glad I went to church today and was brought down to Earth.   Saw pics of people standing in the wreckage of their homes.   I shouldn't be so upset over a football game.

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
« Reply #313 on: November 04, 2012, 07:35:50 PM »
Just a perfect storm of crap from beginning to end in all facets of the game - defense, special teams and offense.

Actually, we blocked a punt, returned a kick-off for a touchdown, and made both of our extra points, so I think special teams weren't that bad, actually.
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
« Reply #314 on: November 04, 2012, 09:44:49 PM »
We lost 32 - 16 in a fiasco.  We finished 10 -1. 

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.   We did everything you shouldn't do in every way from preparation to game day coaching.

100% coaches loss.   They were very talented and well coached, they had a great game plan and beat us in every way we could be beaten.   Their coaches deserve great credit for how they played.

We came out with a whole new scheme for the week with new plays and blocking on a light practice week filled with so many distractions I can't even list them.

It was garbage.     Just a perfect storm of crap from beginning to end in all facets of the game - defense, special teams and offense.

I'm glad I went to church today and was brought down to Earth.   Saw pics of people standing in the wreckage of their homes.   I shouldn't be so upset over a football game.
Sounds a little like how my season ended.  We didn't put in a whole new scheme (although I did make about 4 major defensive adjustments), but the rest of it sounds pretty familiar.