Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61749 times)

Offline Test Account

• Platinum
  • Admin Dead Account
  • Coaching: 6 & Under
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Other
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2012, 09:45:45 PM »
We lost 32 - 16 in a fiasco.  We finished 10 -1. 

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.   We did everything you shouldn't do in every way from preparation to game day coaching.

100% coaches loss.   They were very talented and well coached, they had a great game plan and beat us in every way we could be beaten.   Their coaches deserve great credit for how they played.

We came out with a whole new scheme for the week with new plays and blocking on a light practice week filled with so many distractions I can't even list them.

It was garbage.     Just a perfect storm of crap from beginning to end in all facets of the game - defense, special teams and offense.

I'm glad I went to church today and was brought down to Earth.   Saw pics of people standing in the wreckage of their homes.   I shouldn't be so upset over a football game.
can I ask why a whole new scheme?
Please don't PM or respond to this Member. It is an account for all of the posts from abandoned or banned Member Accounts.

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 3-5-3
  • Offense: Wing T
  • Title: Head Coach
« Reply #316 on: November 04, 2012, 10:17:40 PM »
We lost 32 - 16 in a fiasco.  We finished 10 -1. 

I can't tell you how disappointed I am.   We did everything you shouldn't do in every way from preparation to game day coaching.

100% coaches loss.   They were very talented and well coached, they had a great game plan and beat us in every way we could be beaten.   Their coaches deserve great credit for how they played.

We came out with a whole new scheme for the week with new plays and blocking on a light practice week filled with so many distractions I can't even list them.

It was garbage.     Just a perfect storm of crap from beginning to end in all facets of the game - defense, special teams and offense.

I'm glad I went to church today and was brought down to Earth.   Saw pics of people standing in the wreckage of their homes.   I shouldn't be so upset over a football game.

D

Sorry to hear that my friend.  :(....not the Church thing...the other thing.
What is beautiful, lives forever.

Offline Coach Kyle

• Gold
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #317 on: November 04, 2012, 10:49:47 PM »
But not a combination of both adding up to 5?  So all 5 have to come from either an O or D squad?  Interesting.
Yeah. I think it's a pretty neat rule.

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Other
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #318 on: November 05, 2012, 08:09:14 AM »
Dan

Sorry pal, you had a great season & shouldn't be down.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #319 on: November 05, 2012, 08:14:13 AM »
Well, our 28 gamewin streak is over as is our 4 year streak of making it to the national championship. We played a team from Miami that gave us a very tough game last year. They added 5 stud players while we got split in to by our association preseason. A close fought football game usually comes down to about 4 or 5 plays. We lost those plays. We threw a pick with a wide open reciever. The ball just came out of the qbs hand funny. We had the ball inside the 10 with no timeouts with 25 seconds left in the half and managed to run 2 plays but came about an inch short. That would of tied the game. They got the ball in the 2nd half and we stuffed them and started driving the ball. We did not convert a 4th and 2. Their next drive we had them 3 and 25 and gave up a 60 yard run for a td. We kept it close all game but with a late score by the bad guys they won 30-16. Much closer game then the score showed. Our kids gave it their all and I think we did a good job as a staff. No excuses here. We just got beat by a better team with a bunch of better athletes than we had. This one stings though. Could of won it with a little luck.

Offline MHcoach

• Platinum
  • Offense: Other
« Reply #320 on: November 05, 2012, 08:21:56 AM »
ROB

It's always rough when a run ends, but in a few days I'm sure you appreciate the scope of what you guys have done. I have been there, & I know sometimes when you are in the middle of it you can't enjoy it. There is always that next game. What you guys have accomplished there is really amazing, & you have my heartfelt congratulations.

Joe
"Champions behave like champions before they're champions: they have a winning standard of performance before they are winners"
Bill Walsh

Offline DL

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Offense: Spread Formation
« Reply #321 on: November 05, 2012, 10:15:34 AM »
can I ask why a whole new scheme?

Our HC is an extremely intelligent very high IQ guy, so he often wants the perfect play or perfect blocking scheme versus a defense and changes things up accordingly.   Two problems, one we didn't have scout film on them.   We just knew what they did against us the first time we played them weeks ago.   Two, there is no guarantee they were going to play the same defense.

Our game plan would have dominated them IF they did what we expected them to do.   I think he figured if they didn't do what we expected, the kids would quickly adjust and go back to base rules.   They did not do what we expected them to do and the kids did not adjust.   They had free runners on many plays into our backfield on blown assignments.

Our kids were completely confused on what to do or who to block since we changed a number of our rules and assignments for this particular game.   Our kids aren't sharp enough to quickly switch gears or adjust on the fly on their own, because we playing from behind we didn't want to burn timeouts.

On top of that we had kids sick, kids missed practice for a school band concert, kids were really tired from everyday basketball practice and school and then we are throwing new stuff at them.   Our DT who missed practice was a key part of the defensive game plan, a great kid but he went wrong gap on a number of key plays.   Every time he went wrong gap they happened to have the play called to that gap.

Our DE forgot his base rule on 5 wides (he has to cover the 3rd receiver) of course they score on that play on a long TD.

On top of that they had a very dominant player who a number of our kids were just flat afraid of.   Offensivley they didn't want to block him and defensively they didn't want to tackle him.    I can't tell you how much that p****s me off.   If that wasn't the last game, practice today would be brutally physical as a result of that cowardice.   

I share in the blame 100%.   If I am going to take partial credit for wins, I need to take just as much blame for losses.   It's a team effort win or lose and I need to make work whatever we decide to do.

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #322 on: November 05, 2012, 10:23:01 AM »
Well, our 28 gamewin streak is over as is our 4 year streak of making it to the national championship. We played a team from Miami that gave us a very tough game last year. They added 5 stud players while we got split in to by our association preseason. A close fought football game usually comes down to about 4 or 5 plays. We lost those plays. We threw a pick with a wide open reciever. The ball just came out of the qbs hand funny. We had the ball inside the 10 with no timeouts with 25 seconds left in the half and managed to run 2 plays but came about an inch short. That would of tied the game. They got the ball in the 2nd half and we stuffed them and started driving the ball. We did not convert a 4th and 2. Their next drive we had them 3 and 25 and gave up a 60 yard run for a td. We kept it close all game but with a late score by the bad guys they won 30-16. Much closer game then the score showed. Our kids gave it their all and I think we did a good job as a staff. No excuses here. We just got beat by a better team with a bunch of better athletes than we had. This one stings though. Could of won it with a little luck.

R

That was one heck of a run.

I have learned that all good things must come to an end....so you can start fresh again !

Great season.  8) Will your Org un-split now?

Offline CoachDP

• Benefactors
  • Kryptonite
  • "Every coach sets their own standard."
    • Coach Dave Potter
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #323 on: November 05, 2012, 11:29:53 AM »
Well, our 28 gamewin streak is over as is our 4 year streak of making it to the national championship.
Rats.  I was looking forward to seeing you in Orlando, next month.

--Dave
"The Greater the Teacher, the More Powerful the Player."

The Mission Statement:
"I want to show any young man that he is far tougher than he thinks, that he can accomplish more than what he dreamed and that his work ethic will take him wherever he wants to go." #BattleReady newhope

Offline JAB

• Copper
  • Coaching: 10 & Under
  • Defense: 6-3
  • Offense: Single Wing
« Reply #324 on: November 05, 2012, 12:21:16 PM »
Our HC is an extremely intelligent very high IQ guy, so he often wants the perfect play or perfect blocking scheme versus a defense and changes things up accordingly.   Two problems, one we didn't have scout film on them.   We just knew what they did against us the first time we played them weeks ago.   Two, there is no guarantee they were going to play the same defense.

Our game plan would have dominated them IF they did what we expected them to do.   I think he figured if they didn't do what we expected, the kids would quickly adjust and go back to base rules.   They did not do what we expected them to do and the kids did not adjust.   They had free runners on many plays into our backfield on blown assignments.

Our kids were completely confused on what to do or who to block since we changed a number of our rules and assignments for this particular game.   Our kids aren't sharp enough to quickly switch gears or adjust on the fly on their own, because we playing from behind we didn't want to burn timeouts.

On top of that we had kids sick, kids missed practice for a school band concert, kids were really tired from everyday basketball practice and school and then we are throwing new stuff at them.   Our DT who missed practice was a key part of the defensive game plan, a great kid but he went wrong gap on a number of key plays.   Every time he went wrong gap they happened to have the play called to that gap.

Our DE forgot his base rule on 5 wides (he has to cover the 3rd receiver) of course they score on that play on a long TD.

On top of that they had a very dominant player who a number of our kids were just flat afraid of.   Offensivley they didn't want to block him and defensively they didn't want to tackle him.    I can't tell you how much that p****s me off.   If that wasn't the last game, practice today would be brutally physical as a result of that cowardice.   

I share in the blame 100%.   If I am going to take partial credit for wins, I need to take just as much blame for losses.   It's a team effort win or lose and I need to make work whatever we decide to do.

Dan, sorry about the loss.  I really thought you guys had that super bowl in the bag. 

Offline PSLCOACHROB

• Administrator
  • Diamond
  • Coaching: 14 & Under
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Retired
« Reply #325 on: November 05, 2012, 12:44:33 PM »
R

That was one heck of a run.

I have learned that all good things must come to an end....so you can start fresh again !

Great season.  8) Will your Org un-split now?
Not sure wht we will do. If changes are not made on the board coaching at another association may end up being an option. We have serious issues with the people who run our assocation. I honestly feel that they do not have the best interest of the kids in mind.

Offline coachdoug

• Silver
  • "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." - V. Lombardi
« Reply #326 on: November 05, 2012, 03:09:03 PM »
Not sure wht we will do. If changes are not made on the board coaching at another association may end up being an option. We have serious issues with the people who run our assocation. I honestly feel that they do not have the best interest of the kids in mind.
Come on out to San Diego - I'd love to have you on my staff (or, for that matter, I'd be honored to be on your staff).  Low humidity, a noticeable lack of alligators, sunny and mild almost all the time, and plenty of talented athletes (maybe not as many as you're used to in Florida, but still pretty good).  Also a lot less mosquitoes, roaches, palmetto bugs, etc, etc, than you're used to.  It's like coaching in paradise!!  Come on out and join me!!

Offline Michael

• Diamond
  • Coaching: 13 & Under
  • Offense: One Back
  • Title: Assistant
« Reply #327 on: November 05, 2012, 03:12:53 PM »
a noticeable lack of alligators

Yeah, just google "fatal alligator attacks".
Michael can not receive PM's, emails or respond to Posts. He passed away in September 2018. To honor his contributions we are leaving his account active. R.I.P - Dumcoach Staff.

Offline CoachMattC

• Gold
  • Skype ID: cale.matt
    • Videos
  • Coaching: 12 & Under
  • Offense: Undecided
  • Title: Positions
« Reply #328 on: November 05, 2012, 03:25:19 PM »

If a move in is mind Orlando is much closer than San Diego (sorry Doug) and with the new regional bracket that started this year, we don't have to tangle with Miami until the finals.

And if you're worried about a few gators you just aren't from Florida.

Anyway, ya, I'd step aside to be one of your assistants up here any time.
‎"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Benjamin Franklin

Online mahonz

• Administrator
  • Kryptonite
  • No Wimps
« Reply #329 on: November 05, 2012, 03:36:14 PM »
Come on out to San Diego - I'd love to have you on my staff (or, for that matter, I'd be honored to be on your staff).  Low humidity, a noticeable lack of alligators, sunny and mild almost all the time, and plenty of talented athletes (maybe not as many as you're used to in Florida, but still pretty good).  Also a lot less mosquitoes, roaches, palmetto bugs, etc, etc, than you're used to.  It's like coaching in paradise!!  Come on out and join me!!

Doug

OK lets be real here.

Paradise comes at a price.

You need two jobs just so you can afford a gallon of milk.  :o

Plus you need to be bi-lingual.  ::)

And a helicopter is necessary or half your life is spent sitting in your car commuting.  :P

And then there is the Padres....and Norv Turner...and Tijuana is awfully close....with their Cartels and constant train of Mules...and stuff .  ;) ;)