Author Topic: 2012 RESULTS THREAD  (Read 61735 times)

Offline coach.Z

• Copper
  • Coaching: 8 & Under
  • Defense: 5-3
  • Offense: Multiple
  • Title: Assistant
Re: 2012 RESULTS THREAD
« Reply #360 on: November 24, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
Punched our Super Bowl ticket with a 12-6 win today!  One bad helmet to helmet call from our 9th shutout in 11 tries, but was very happy to not give up one big play against a very quick and shifty backfield.  Offense stalled inside the 20 twice with a fumble and then an illegal procedure call  ::)  Gotta start breaking down film and making the corrections/adjustments to grab that brass ring!

Offline lost episodes

• Silver
  • Coaching: High School
  • Defense: Undecided
  • Offense: DC Wing T
« Reply #361 on: November 25, 2012, 02:37:35 PM »
We lost 12-0 to the team we beat 13-12. Sad that it's over b/c we as a coaching staff let these kids down. For the 1st time in my coaching career I feel that way. They scored on us in the 1st 2mins of the game and we held them to 6-0 until the last 2mins of the game giving them a 12-0 game! VERY HURT FOR LETTING MY BOYS DOWN BUT GLAD IT'S OVER NOW GOING TO GET MY OWN TEAM BACK(NEVER GIVING UP HEAD COACH AGAIN)
This is a true statement-->"HARD WORK BEATS TALENT WHEN TALENT DON'T WORK"

Offline coach.Z

• Copper
« Reply #362 on: December 02, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »
Seems we got off the bus one stop short of our destination... lost the OCJAAF Super Bowl 12-7 in a heart breaker game.  Had the lead 7-6 at half, but lost our RB/S for the 2nd half (flu) and just didn't have the team speed with him out to score again, or stop the busted play up the middle they scored on (55yds).  85% of our boys were first year tackle and really did overachieve, but it just doesn't feel that way yet.  Keep replaying the miscues in my mind, when I'm not planning for next year's run.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #363 on: December 02, 2012, 09:10:40 PM »
lost our RB/S for the 2nd half (flu)
You mean he had the flu coming into the game and therefore was too winded to finish?  Hard for me to imagine someone catching the flu at halftime.

Offline coach.Z

• Copper
« Reply #364 on: December 02, 2012, 09:48:07 PM »
You mean he had the flu coming into the game and therefore was too winded to finish?  Hard for me to imagine someone catching the flu at halftime.

Had fever/flu the night before and morning, but tried to go.  Made the 1st half, but nausea turned to acute stomach pain and he could go after half.  Our OC should have adjusted to a more physical between the tackles stuff, but he kept calling it as if we had our breakaway threat still in.  No excuses, we lost... but I like our chances if we have him there in the 2nd half.  A dive ran right by our backup safety as we just didn't have speed to replace him with.

Offline Bob Goodman

• Platinum
  • Coaching: 11 & Under
  • Offense: Wing T
« Reply #365 on: December 02, 2012, 09:55:07 PM »
Had fever/flu the night before and morning, but tried to go.  Made the 1st half, but nausea turned to acute stomach pain
Oh, that kind of "flu": not respiratory, but gastroenteritis?  I understand.